The Border

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Whatever issues you have with the border, this shit is unacceptable

Look man, I think there is a large cohort of the US citizenry who thinks this is super acceptable and it should be mandatory for every migrants

I don't know what you've been reading but this is the game plan

Reactions: Thaluikhain

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Let's just deal with this
So, let's paraphrase what you just stated here

'Everyone is allowed to be self-righteous as long as Dreiko approves of the message'

1) Why are you the arbiter of what warrants this tone?
2) This sounds exactly like tone police. If you are determining what is acceptable for a tone, you are being a tone police
3) Could you imagine that some people DO think that it worthwhile
4) I don't actually disagree with the sentiment that something are ridiculous to the proportion of the tone. But here's the problem:
5) This comment you created is a great example of what SJWs stated. For example. there has always been a huge conservative outcry at the demographics of the US shifting from white to diversity. They would say that this would destroy society etc, etc. Those called SJW that this would be ridiculous, and the conservatives are over exaggerating what is going to happen. Then the SJW would be called an SJW. That's generally how the term SJW works. Make a reasonable claim, and you'd be called an SJW. That's how it's always worked. Most people called SJW were not even close to what you are claiming. See also: Political Correctness and Woke. As other example in non-SJW territory, see Climate Change debate, atheist and any religion, gun control, abortion and Covid.

If you want to prove me wrong about claim that most people called SJW were not even close to what you are claiming , provide any evidence that there are still SJWs around for a decade who are making the same claims they did back then. Make sure that it's not just a one off comment that gets labelled as SJW, that they are still making the same claims even when corrected. This is why I keep asking you. You are making grand statements and providing no evidence. And please, stop pretending that just because you disagree with something or think its ridiculous, that means everyone agrees with you
Somehow I ended up missing this but better late than never!

So, I am an arbiter of what sounds ridiculous to me, and I can't make it sound un-ridiculous. You...don't really have to care about that XD. It's like, my opinion I guess.

My answer is that there is inherently diverse ways of being white, so it is equally racist to deem an all white society non-diverse, as is to be against some people coming over merely because of their race or ethnicity. This is two sides of the same coin. At the end of the day you still treat human beings as different based on things that have nothing to do with who they are as individuals.

As for an example, it would require me to follow someone for all this time, despite disagreeing with them, and to somehow keep track of their views all this time, which I actually have done, but still, it's a pretty unreasonable standard and requirement so I object on principle! :p

But yeah, the TYT people are a good example, they actually got worse too, around the time when trump won and they changed their format into a non-swearing type of show, and then Ana became the producer and it really went downhill from then on. I remember back during the prime GG years they actually remained neutral and refused to take a side.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
1 Billion based Americans in Dark Brandon’s America please.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
...and this is why DeSantis pulled that stunt, in case anyone's really asking and not just barfing partisan drivel. Fuck Fox News, but it's the only outlet I found that posted the full quote in context.

We already all know the rich liberal NIMBY fucks fled Martha's Vineyard for their fall and/or winter homes, and the only people on the island right now are the underclass and working class "help". We already all know they're the ones who helped the immigrants, not the rich liberal NIMBY fucks...and we already all know the National Guard got sent to round them up and put them in temporary "housing" on base within 48 hours anyways. While the rich liberal NIMBY fucks are trying to take credit for DeSantis' stunt "backfiring", and whitewashing the entire issue.

DeSantis isn't as savvy as Trump when it comes to provoking Democrats into baring their whole asses for the world to see (see, Elizabeth Warren), but he knows what the game is and how to hit the strategically correct notes. Note I said strategically, not ethically or legally, because "politics as full-contact sport" precludes the former and the latter can be rhetorically manipulated pursuant to the former: DeSantis is positioning himself to (plausibly) cry "parisan witch hunt" if and when investigators threaten legal action. Which, they're not going to thanks to "prosecutorial discretion as political tool"; see also, Matt Gaetz.

Or to put it another way, if Trump is Stone Cold, DeSantis is...Luther Reigns or something. And the Cryptkeeper up there is early attitude era Kurt Angle, before the writers figured out writing him as a straight face just wasn't working.

Reactions: tstorm823

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
...and this is why DeSantis pulled that stunt, in case anyone's really asking and not just barfing partisan drivel. Fuck Fox News, but it's the only outlet I found that posted the full quote in context.

We already all know the rich liberal NIMBY fucks fled Martha's Vineyard for their fall and/or winter homes, and the only people on the island right now are the underclass and working class "help". We already all know they're the ones who helped the immigrants, not the rich liberal NIMBY fucks...and we already all know the National Guard got sent to round them up and put them in temporary "housing" on base within 48 hours anyways. While the rich liberal NIMBY fucks are trying to take credit for DeSantis' stunt "backfiring", and whitewashing the entire issue.

DeSantis isn't as savvy as Trump when it comes to provoking Democrats into baring their whole asses for the world to see (see, Elizabeth Warren), but he knows what the game is and how to hit the strategically correct notes. Note I said strategically, not ethically or legally, because "politics as full-contact sport" precludes the former and the latter can be rhetorically manipulated pursuant to the former: DeSantis is positioning himself to (plausibly) cry "parisan witch hunt" if and when investigators threaten legal action. Which, they're not going to thanks to "prosecutorial discretion as political tool"; see also, Matt Gaetz.

Or to put it another way, if Trump is Stone Cold, DeSantis is...Luther Reigns or something. And the Cryptkeeper up there is early attitude era Kurt Angle, before the writers figured out writing him as a straight face just wasn't working.
Presumably this makes Vince McMahon the deep state puppet master in charge of the kayfabe that governs American politics.

“It’s me, American public! It was me all along, American public!”

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Presumably this makes Vince McMahon the deep state puppet master in charge of the kayfabe that governs American politics.

“It’s me, American public! It was me all along, American public!”
My issue in particular with calling anything a "deep state" is it implies secrecy. I'll concede it was certainly the case at one point, beginning in the late '40s or so and strongly correlated to the Cold War, but it is no longer; our corruption and manipulation is right out in the open, secure in the institutional momentum of polarization and hyper-partisanship. Hell, I'd argue the state of American politics is such that corruption and manipulation is celebrated by the manipulated.

It's an apt comparison nevertheless. I'd just add Bush v. Gore in this context is comparable to the Montreal Screwjob.

Side note, any more when it comes to suggesting books on politics to folks, I skip anything actually related to politics or political science, and tell them instead to read Controversy Creates Cash by Eric Bischoff. That book was Trump's entire 2016 playbook; forget anything a single journalist, political scientist, or other form of talking head has said over the past seven years. Pro wrestling fans are far more astute political scientists in today's political landscape, than actual political scientists.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
There are limits to those things, but the US-- the wealthiest country on the planet, with an enormous amount of sparsely-populated land-- is nowhere near them.

They could take care of the current population. They choose not to-- They choose to concentrate the available resources among a tiny proportion instead, and then fritter away billions more on unnecessary expenditures.
A nice thought until you realise the vast areas of land without people living there are that way for a reason either due to lack of facilities to service said areas or the land itself being unsuitable for cultivation or would require many years of irrigation work an land working to make it arable soil.

So yeh you stick a lot of immigrants in the middle of no-where with basic facilities and no real jobs and then what? Hope all of them have the knowledge and skills to farm the land? Or the desire to?

Sure. But the population growth represented by immigration would not take the US near that point for many decades at least.
That's based more on present linear models not accounting for cultural differences and the idea of larger family sizes in certain countries being seen as the normal.

Quick reminder that at least 3 Republican congressmen have promoted the conspiracy theory that the Democrats are aligned with Satanic paedophiles, and over 30 Republican candidates in the upcoming midterms have done the same. Dangerously unhinged attacks are welcomed with open arms in the (modern) Republican Party.

Please also recall that Trump did entertain the idea of shooting migrants. Publicly he said migrants who threw rocks could be shot, and privately he talked about shooting migrants in the legs.
Haven't a a number of Democrat politicians in the past promoted the Jewish Weather control machine conspiracy?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A nice thought until you realise the vast areas of land without people living there are that way for a reason either due to lack of facilities to service said areas or the land itself being unsuitable for cultivation or would require many years of irrigation work an land working to make it arable soil.
This isn't really true. An enormous amount of land in the US is perfectly serviceable, arable, farmable, but not occupied.

Haven't a a number of Democrat politicians in the past promoted the Jewish Weather control machine conspiracy?
I can find a Democratic councillor saying something of that kind four years ago, and then apologising.

Republican congressmen have been promoting the Satanic paedophile theory more recently, much more often, with zero apology or walking-back. And those are congressmen, with far more power than some local councillor, and theoretically endorsed by the RNC and the voterbase.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This isn't really true. An enormous amount of land in the US is perfectly serviceable, arable, farmable, but not occupied.
Actually it probably isn't. Due to having not been farmed and likely never having been farmed before said areas of land would need quite a bit of work done to them to prepare them.

I mean just from basic history some of the early settlers who headed west had a lot of issues with tools breaking due to the soil never having been farmed before and being extremely tough and needing work to break up etc etc.

I can find a Democratic councillor saying something of that kind four years ago, and then apologising.
After he was called out by the media and his apology was a super weird PR statement then trip to a Holocaust memorial museum where half way round he had to leave early for some unknown reason.

Republican congressmen have been promoting the Satanic paedophile theory more recently, much more often, with zero apology or walking-back. And those are congressmen, with far more power than some local councillor, and theoretically endorsed by the RNC and the voterbase.
You mean to say you're somehow shocked that people who have always been pretty on the bible thumping side are combining modern issues with biblical stuff? What a shock /sarc

No but as a more serious point maybe just maybe the DNC or at least the self proclaimed "progressive" side should take the blinkers off a bit and realise maybe they don't have to go to bat for stuff just based on identity and maybe stuff like what was it Desmond the drag kid who was apparently twerking on stage at a gay bar might not be helping the case that they're not defending some paedophiles.

This isn't the Monkey Dust's Paedo finder general
(Context)

I mean as another example the amount of modern "progressive" sorts that cause the grooming gangs to not be exposed for so long by threatening peoples careers with accusations of bigotry

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I mean just from basic history some of the early settlers who headed west had a lot of issues with tools breaking due to the soil never having been farmed before and being extremely tough and needing work to break up etc etc.
This may shock you, but technology has advanced from the days of the early settlers.

After he was called out by the media and his apology was a super weird PR statement then trip to a Holocaust memorial museum where half way round he had to leave early for some unknown reason.
O.....K?

Ya reckon this is the same as 3 elected congressmen continuing to push the Satanic paedophile conspiracy theory to this day?

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
This may shock you, but technology has advanced from the days of the early settlers.
Not enough to make old growth prairie sustainably farmable, as easily as you would think. Sure, industrial farming equipment does make sodbusting much easier, but that's not all there is to it. If it was, we wouldn't have had the dust bowl.

Removing the sod layer in old growth prairie means stripping the soil down to its limiting layer -- usually, fragipan or glacial till -- which means the top and subsoils have to be either rehabilitated or replaced. It can be rehabilitated in situ, but that means constant tilling and adding compost over time to kill the root network and prevent regrowth. The problem then becomes preventing erosion from wind and flash flooding -- that's why prairie sod ends up so dense and tough to begin with, it's not soil so much as a root matrix that binds what soil is there, to stop erosion.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
DeSantis isn't as savvy as Trump when it comes to provoking Democrats into baring their whole asses for the world to see
To get Trump's results requires a level of behavior that comes with significant downsides.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Speaking of how much of a debacle operation Lone Star has been.
Terminal Lance used to say that sort of thing happened (on small scale) with bi-monthly paychecks to the USMC, they'd pay too much, the marine wouldn't notice and spend it all, then they'd find out and take all the money back leaving the marine with nothing temporarily.

I'd imagine that'd really hurt lots of troops suddenly paying $1,000 or so they didn't expect to have to.