The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Review - Boots on the Ground

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Callate said:
If it was actually intended to be a back-story and assumed that X-Com had existed in the 1960s, my primary question would have to be: How is it that X-Com managed to successfully drive back an alien incursion back in the 60s, but still needs to figure out how to re-invent the plasma rifle in the present day?!
My question is: If in this game XCom started as an anti-soviet unit, what's the X supposed to stand for? It can't be eXtraterrestial anymore.

But I'm nitpicky like that.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Callate said:
If it was actually intended to be a back-story and assumed that X-Com had existed in the 1960s, my primary question would have to be: How is it that X-Com managed to successfully drive back an alien incursion back in the 60s, but still needs to figure out how to re-invent the plasma rifle in the present day?!
My question is: If in this game XCom started as an anti-soviet unit, what's the X supposed to stand for? It can't be eXtraterrestial anymore.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
bificommander said:
Callate said:

Only an hour into the game, but they haven't used the term XCOM, only the Bureau so far. So they may make the name in regard to the alien thing.

As for the game itself, really liking it so far.

catalyst8

Oct 29, 2008
An X-Com shooter? So not really an X-Com game at all then. Just like the atrocious remake of Syndicate they really seem to have missed the point, I don't expect this will sell very well. Oh well, at least there's still Enemy Unknown.