The Challenge

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
Dear reader,

I have asked you for advice before, with varying results. At least pleasing enough to ask for your advice again.

I am in need of a challenge! Thus, I challenge you!

This one relates to my gaming habit, namely, mindless shooting and RPGing.

I love shooters. The reason why is that my friends play them, and I love to play with them, have a laugh, and curse at our losses. (We play for victory, not for own gain, i.e. K/D. W/L Ratio in all CoDs is above 2.5, K/D is 1.8) I believe that I am the most ?gamer? of the group. I reckon that this related to my interest, often fleeting, in other games and especially, other genres. Their interests do not change: shooters and FIFA, or just shooters.
Even though I mentioned ?fleeting? interest, there are many more that I hold on to.

I like to play shooters, and RPGs. Additionally, I have some racing games, such as Forza, but I haven?t touched them in a very long time. My list of RPGs includes: Dragon Age (+all DLC) and Final Fantasy (various versions from VI to XIII). Some action-adventure games like Darksiders and Shadow of the Colossus. Also, another one that I have played is borrowed, a long time ago, something with Vikings and Demons. Completed most of them on medium difficulty, and some on the hardest difficulty for some extra challenge (I?m looking at you Darksiders!!).

My interests lie in exploration. I often find myself wandering around towns, or hug the wall the entire way around the map. I love rewards, especially when earned by looking in hooks and crannies. However, one important thing, respawns. If I walk around section A of a map and choose to go to section B, and afterwards return to section A and move on to section C, while crossing section B, I do not wish to fight the same mobs again and again. Not something that is easily found, but hey, one can always dream.

My other interests lie in hack&slash. I love to smack a big hammer or sword and crush some bones of my enemies. Tactical fights is what I hope to achieve, no random button-bashing. However, I do not like combo moves of more than three buttons. I also played lots of Soul Calibur IV, but just could not get into it, because I do not wish for those combo schemes.
Finally, I am a hard learner. (see the above about combos) I takes some time before I get the hang of things. However, I do not mind getting killed and I have an abundance of patience.

TL;DR: I advise you to read it to be able to make a appropriate answer.

Now that you know a little about me, I think I should get straight to the point.

I am looking for a different kind of game to play when my friends are not around. I am in need of a Challenge! Something that is rewarding and keeps you interested for a long period of time. Patience is my forte, therefore I read into Dark Souls and figured it would fit my wishes most. But, if you, dear reader, were able to give me some complete and comprehensive advise that is unbiased and fits my wishes, what would you advise me? Dark Souls? A different game? Demon?s Souls? Both, or a collector?s edition that contains both games will be announced soon? What about the online play in both? Replay value? Own experiences? Basically, anything you know that comes to mind.

I am asking a lot of you, but I hope you will be able to help me out.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,