The Cleveland Show

Teenage Beatnik

Jan 10, 2010
I stopped finding Family Guy funny after the sixth grade, but I gave the Cleveland Show a chance. I found it boring, and just as lackluster as Family Guy had become. My thought process tell me that Seth should pick one show and stick with it. Make that show something worth watching, not just pumping out an hour and a half of 'Macfarlane's World' every week for a few months.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Julianking93 said:
It sucks.

Its an unfunny show starring the most boring FG character.
I agree it should have been about Quagmire. But that would mean quagmire would be off of FG

Coldman42

Nov 17, 2009
I like it.

I think one of the shows strengths is in Cleveland's friends as a supporting cast. I think they are just varied enough to give the show enough directions to go in. Also, i like the bear who's name i can not remember ATM, good call on giving him an entire family to work with instead of making him another Brian or Rodger. and Cleveland Jr. has plenty of funny moments to be like a black Chris, only with a fully functioning brain.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Its OK at best. I don't think he is really that missed from Family Guy.

On a side note, I personally think that Family Guy stopped being funny after Series 3, or at a push 4. After that, most of the humour relies on in-jokes.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
I just can't take spinoffs seriously. When I watch them they just look like moneybags.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
tomtom94 said:
factualsquirrel said:
PureChaos said:
This quote is just to get your attention.
What channel is it on in the UK?
Either BBC3 who show Family Guy repeats or a cable channel like Living who get all the American imports, I guess.

OT: I just can't see the appeal in a spin-off featuring Cleveland, personally...
It might pop up on FX at some point, just like Family Guy did.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
It will be interesting for other people, me? I didn't like Family Guy that much - so I guess I'm doomed to hating this from the comments others have placed on the thread.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I?m not from the US but I watched one episode of the Cleveland show on the internet. Can?t say I was pleased the show is horrible.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
MindDemon said:
Just another Seth McFarlane filler show. It's getting old. It's literaly the exact same thing; no plot, crude humour, and 90% of it is non-sequiters. It's basically just "Oh hey, remember when we did that one thing that one time that we found funny?"
You ever seen American Dad? It's made by Seth too; you'd be surprised how many people wouldn't believe that.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I wished it was a far different show than it is. I feels like a more blatant Family Guy rip off than it should have been.

Cleveland Brown is a great character, always mellow, never letting a lot of things bother him and really laid back. I am amazed at how he keeps his cool considering who his neighbors are. The neighbors he got are almost carbon copies of his old neighbors, his family is almost the Griffins, well except for the dog that got killed in the second episode.

I wished they went further than they did.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
It's not funny. At all...and trust me on this one, I own every single season of Family Guy + all the movies and specials...

It's just not the same.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The first couple of episodes are completely unwatchable. The later episodes ... aren't unwatchable but ... still really bad ... in my opinion. Don't listen to me, I just don't like the show. I hate the friends, I dislike the family and I strongly dislike the plots.

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
I've seen a couple of episodes over the internet and its kinda bad in comparison with Family Guy, there are some bits which make you chuckle. To be fair I didn't have high hopes for the show to start with, Clevelands probably the most uninteresting character so a strange choice to give him his own show.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
It is horrible for three reasons:
1. Just not funny.
2. It is a spin off of Family Guy, which isn't that funny either.
3. It replaced King of the Hill, which was actually good.

Rshady

Jul 22, 2008
It actually pretty good, it's kind of a piss take of those old 90s black sitcoms. The first few episodes are so-so, but it gets a lot better. Better then most of the crap on TV.