The Closest Thing To a Lightsaber Now For Sale

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: I smell a new way to cook sossidges!
They actually sell a flashlight on that site, called "The Torch". An accompanying video shows that it produces enough heat to scramble an egg. So cooking sausages is not far off.

hcig

Mar 12, 2009
if somebody tries to shine this in my face, i might have to shove something not nice down their throat.

seriously, what the hell is your problem, that you find it funny to try and damage people permanently, when they have done nothing to you?
god damnit kids suck these days.

on topic, im still waiting for an actual lightsaber

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
Slycne said:
Marik2 said:
This is a reminder to all the people who are gonna say the forums ninja'd this.

THE MODS DONT GIVE A FUCK

That is all.
It's not so much that, but that people simply need to understand that forum readership is a subsection of our traffic. The percent of people that post on the forums and read the news is pretty high as they are actively participating in the site, but a lot of people come her for any number of reasons and don't post in the forums. They will however read our news.
what do you guys mean by having the forums ninja'd?

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
neilsaccount said:
what do you guys mean by having the forums ninja'd?
Some times the topic of a news article has been posted in the forums before it goes up.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Wow, people are all like, "noone should be allowed to buy this", then they go to an NRA meeting...I for one, will be getting two, rigging them to a nice frame with extra capacitors/heat sinks, and making a laser rifle.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
Counting down to when Fox News spews all over the media about inevitable accidents caused by these Class 4 lasers...
TV3 News in New Zealand just ran a story about this laser. They got an Australian "expert" to say how dangerous and irresponsible for a laser with that much power to be readily available. It can cause fires and blind people apparently. I have a small box of several hundred fire causing devices in my home. They should run a story about that.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I may actually be picking one of these up soon. If I do, I will post a video here!

However, I am uncertain as to whether or not it will happen due to some monetary constraints. I am moving in a couple of months, and I may need the extra money.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
oranger said:
Wow, people are all like, "noone should be allowed to buy this", then they go to an NRA meeting...I for one, will be getting two, rigging them to a nice frame with extra capacitors/heat sinks, and making a laser rifle.
That is the best idea I have heard all month!

You may want to create some kind of belt to hold the battery packs. I'm sure you will need all of the 'ammo' you can get!

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Edzor said:
By nanny state, you mean Australia, amirite?
Actually, at the time I was thinking of England. But I have to concede the aussies also have a rather strong claim to the same title.

luclin92

Apr 22, 2009
why dont they make ones that appeals to star trek fans. much easier and i think they would possibly get a higher sale

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Nopraptor said:
I want one just so I can say "this is my lava lamp,this is my computer,this is my weapons-grade laser..."
Industrial Grade laser. The kind that cut through sponge while behind thick protective glass.

Weaponized Lasers are the ones that give you nasty sunburns and melt aluminium. Why wouldn't a laser melt a person? Because people have different thermal and radioactive conductivity then metal, and we're far more inconsistent with out makeup. What with all the tissues and bones and juices and all.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
To all those that say that this shouldn't be distributed because of some one being dumb, I say let natural selection run it's course!

Man, some one could Ninja ruin birthday parties for little kids. *pop pop pop goez da bawoons!*

oranger

May 27, 2008
tsb247 said:
oranger said:
That is the best idea I have heard all month!

You may want to create some kind of belt to hold the battery packs. I'm sure you will need all of the 'ammo' you can get!
why thank you! yeah, that's probably true...all those damned raiders and super mutants to shoot, and so few batteries...

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
"Kind of" dangerous? I saw this weapon in another article that said this kind of thing SHOULD NOT be in the hands of anybody who doesn't know what they're doing. This thing can blind/kill instantly, and it's available online for 200 dollars. That's really scary.

Death916

Apr 21, 2008
ark123 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Wrong. One look at this beam causes instant blindless. Putting this beam on the skin will not only burn but possibly give skin cancer. This isn't some basic laser pointer.
Really, mr scientist? How would a concentrated beam of light cause cancer?
the same way the sun causes skin cancer...

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
DeathSnipa1992 said:
ark123 said:
Jiraiya72 said:
Wrong. One look at this beam causes instant blindless. Putting this beam on the skin will not only burn but possibly give skin cancer. This isn't some basic laser pointer.
Really, mr scientist? How would a concentrated beam of light cause cancer?
the same way the sun causes skin cancer...
You should hit the books. The sun's light doesn't cause cancer, UV does.