The Comic

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Silvianoshei said:
I bet ya can bax a little, can't ya? Aye, you look like a baxer.
D'ya like dags?

Trying to type in another accent's phonetics is a tricky business. When I read what I wrote, I hang on the "a" in 'ya' longer than if I'd typed 'ye,' though the sound of 'ye' is totally wrong. Same kind of problem when I read 'like' - that's got the cadence right but misses the accent which I'd type out as 'laik' except that seems too stretched out.

Fun stuff to play with, though.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
HaileStorm said:
I believe in a thing called love, just listen to the rhythm of my heart!
There's a chance we can make it now
We'll be rocking til the sun goes down
Couldn't resist!

OT great, great comic guys

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I wish "The Traveler" was actually the giant tilting-based trailer stage in Tearaway. Just some guy with bling doesn't have that referential punch.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I've been trying to think of the best quote from Snatch to put into this comment but that movie is way too quotable to find the right one.

You like dags?

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
Defeat The Darkness? Not a chance, I'd be helping them conquer the world. If they are the enemy then the "good guys" are the same people who called Ozzy and AC/DC and Led Zeppalin the devils music. Down with old people! We don't need then anymore, we have the internet to discover information and culture now, it never lies to us!

mezorin

Jan 9, 2007
Alternatively: "Something something something Darkness, something something something the Light, something something something something Guardians"... oh my God, this is basically every Final Fantasy game stripped of the characterization/jail bait fan service isn't it?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
What you did there, I see it. And like it.
Why would Light need any minions in impractically-designed helmets (come on! look at those things!) at all? He only needs Ryuk to ID the people to write the names of in the book.
And I SO want to party with The Darkness on their totally rocking spaceship!

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
These references, I get 2/3 of them. I am glad.

Now I have to watch Snatch again. Dammit Grey.

Delance

Mar 12, 2011
A joke isn't funny if you don't have to look into the comments to find out what it was about.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I would rather watch Snatch again than play Destiny... I do love me some Snatch

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
THANKS!
ASSHOLE!

Now I'm reminded that The Darkness probably won't be releasing a new album for another 5 years.
:(

Much meanie.
Such sadness.
Wow.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
"Periwinkle blue, eh boys?"

Is easily the best Snatch quote for the circumstances. Come on guys.