The Comic

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
deth2munkies said:
I get all of those references, and I am glad.

Alright, bone throwing:

You missed one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darkness_(video_game)

although it probbly counts as a given

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Until the time it chooses to make itself heard, I speak for the Traveler.

The Traveler would like to know if you like dogs.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
ticklefist said:
Why the fig do you want a caravan that's got no figgin wheels?
Came here to post that, along with "Devilish kick for a fat fucker!" , and " What, proper fucked?"

stringtheory

Dec 18, 2011
Eric the Orange said:
I'm surprised so many of you got the snatch reference. I didn't know it was so well known.
This is the internet, everyone knows at least one bit of obscure knowledge or likes some form of obscure media. There's only so much media and even random knowledge so of course there is going to be some overlap.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
So I get the first 2, the Light Yagami reference is great, but who's in the last frame? A homeless person?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Dr.Susse said:
I've been trying to think of the best quote from Snatch to put into this comment but that movie is way too quotable to find the right one.

You like dags?
I still think Lock, Stock... is the better one for quotes! Most of the scenes have some quote or another I reference to real life! Stuff like:

'It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the fucking century'
'I can't beleive this, can everyone just stop getting shot'
'The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea. And if you think I am going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken!' (As British military this one is rather apt for me.)
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'
'If you want to count the fingers, that you haven't got...'
'Chill Winston'
'I asked you to give me a refreshing drink. I wasn't expecting a fucking rainforest! You could fall in love with an orangutan in that'
'You don't look like your average horti-fucking- culturalist'
'Look, we grow weed. We're not mercenaries'
'Brother, mother, any other sucker'

And that's just the ones I can think of! I can't think of half as many for Snatch... Although Brick Top is a far better London Gangster type than Hatchet Harry!

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
Oh man, The Darkness! That brings back some memories - all good ones; primarily everyone on a crowded school bus clapping their hands along to 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love'.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Not pictured: Your helpful companion the Ghost
Wrong ghost. Should have gone with Swayze.

Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea...

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Dr.Susse said:
I've been trying to think of the best quote from Snatch to put into this comment but that movie is way too quotable to find the right one.

You like dags?
I still think Lock, Stock... is the better one for quotes! Most of the scenes have some quote or another I reference to real life! Stuff like:

'The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea. And if you think I am going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken!' (As British military this one is rather apt for me.)
'Chill Winston'
'I asked you to give me a refreshing drink. I wasn't expecting a fucking rainforest! You could fall in love with an orangutan in that'

And that's just the ones I can think of! I can't think of half as many for Snatch... Although Brick Top is a far better London Gangster type than Hatchet Harry!
"Within a minute, Harry's lost his rag, reached out for the nearest thing at hand, which happened to be a 15 inch black rubber cock. He's then proceeded to batter poor Smithy to death with it. Now that was seen as a pleasant way to go. Hence, Hatchet Harry is a man you pay if you owe"

It's been a long standing argument amongst some of my mates which is the better movie.
I think Lock stock is the most quotable one but Snatch is funnier and has a slightly better plot.

Then there's my one mate who says Rock n Rolla is the best of the lot.....

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Dr.Susse said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Dr.Susse said:

You like dags?

'Chill Winston'

"Within a minute, Harry's lost his rag, reached out for the nearest thing at hand, which happened to be a 15 inch black rubber cock. He's then proceeded to batter poor Smithy to death with it. Now that was seen as a pleasant way to go. Hence, Hatchet Harry is a man you pay if you owe"

It's been a long standing argument amongst some of my mates which is the better movie.
I think Lock stock is the most quotable one but Snatch is funnier and has a slightly better plot.

Then there's my one mate who says Rock n Rolla is the best of the lot.....
Oh. Dear. God!? You know they say everyone is entitled to an opinion? Well he is now the exception to that rule! ;)

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
The Wooster said:
Until the time it chooses to make itself heard, I speak for the Traveler.

-snip-

The Traveler would like to know if you like dogs.
Is it wrong of me that I liked this one more than the actual comic?

Periwinkle blue, hey mates?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Oh masters of wordplay!
Teach me in your ways of punning :)
Funny little strip this one.