The Coolest Steampunk Keyboard You'll See All Day

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
the monopoly guy said:
http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/ergo1/ergo1.htm
I think this one is a little more steampunk. Made by the same person
Exactly what I was thinking. The one featured in the news story looks more like something from the 50's (it drives me crazy how a lot of people lately have been calling Fallout steampunk. It's 50's pulp adventure, not steampunk, dammit!)
I think people have taken to calling Fallout 3's style 'atompunk'. I know I have.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
ThaBenMan said:
the monopoly guy said:
http://www.datamancer.net/keyboards/ergo1/ergo1.htm
I think this one is a little more steampunk. Made by the same person
Exactly what I was thinking. The one featured in the news story looks more like something from the 50's (it drives me crazy how a lot of people lately have been calling Fallout steampunk. It's 50's pulp adventure, not steampunk, dammit!)
I think people have taken to calling Fallout 3's style 'atompunk'. I know I have.
Atompunk sounds like the best way to put it, especially given that I've seen other properties using that kind of time setting and ideas.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
(Thanks to [user]Malygris[/user] for the title!)
with a bit of influence from fark

cool keyboard, there's something to be said for it to use wood for the keyboard and such when being used for a mac

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Yeah, Scrabble. That's the steamiest-punkest thing of all time. Its a cool keyboard but I think you might need to read up on the steampunk genre.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
The mouse and the keyboard are both wicked pissah, but they don't really go together in my mind. I could see the keyboard in a mountain home, while a writer taps away at his latest novel, and the mouse be manuevered around a slab of a desk as a young kid explores the steampunk equivalent of the internet, but not together.
I still want them, tho.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Ohhh.... *drool* Combine that with the steampunk mouse and I'll get the weird looks! IT WILL BE ME THEY'RE SAYING WEIRD THINGS ABOUT!!!

Marv21

Jan 1, 2009
screw this! I would like a gothic gearhead keybord, with metal!!! uhhhhh, and it would have a cooling system, that would like, keep it ice cold, and it would have gears!!! It would have ice on the sides....it would be cool!

YOU DOn'T SEe My VisION!