The Costumes of PAX Prime 2010

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Irridium said:
Susan Arendt said:
Irridium said:
Susan Arendt said:
The really sad part is that we captured a fraction of the amazing cosplayers we saw while we were at PAX. This is just the tiniest of samplings of the truly outstanding work we saw. And just about everyone we photographed was incredibly gracious and cheerful, no matter how many snaps we took.
Tell me, did you happen to catch the Bungie employees and a Spartan playing Just Dance 2?

I wish I went to PAX...
Haha...nope, missed that. But that booth was loaded, man, I don't think I ever saw it empty. Looked like they were having fun, too.
Ah shame. I'm sure we'd love to see some videos of the Escapist Staff playing that game :p

Speaking of videos, will we see any stuff from you guys at PAX? Like interviews and whatnot?
Sadly, no. Our video crew was busy at DragonCon, having far too much fun. :)

whaleswiththumbs said:
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!!!!! The ghost makes me happy

And Ezio, for his badassery
You mean her. That's a girl cosplaying Ezio. :)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Whytewulf said:
I think Harley Quinn is one of my all time favs, and #14 has a good look..

Zora #26.. maybe it's the spandex.. but er um.. ya.. good pic

And as others have said Taokaka, looking cute..

So many others looking good, jealous.

Though I did laugh at the title for #37. Fantasy Staff Chick.. um.. it's Codex!
I *knew* I recognized her. Thanks!

Fortuan said:
I do believe that pictures 11 isn't from ODST it's Reach.
You believe incorrectly :p I asked, and they flat-out said they were ODSTs.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
A female spy and blu scouts mum eh? Hey hey!
Ah ha I wasn't the only one that remembered RED Spy is doinking scouts mom.

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
ImprovizoR said:
Asian chicks in bikinis, and a Harley Quinn chick? I wish I was there.
She was just one of at least two. I saw a classic Harley, who was also sensational.

Also, as Funk pointed out, we have standing rules against posting pictures of TF2 and Mario cosplay, no matter how good they are. Because they're just so friggin DONE. If I never see another damn Peach in my life, I'll be very, very happy.

That said, if they want to do a fun spin on the characters - Tanooki suit? Steampunk? Paper Mario? - that's ok. But, no, it's just the same old stuff over and over and over again. You people deserve better.

I didn't actually see any Team Rocket, though.
Agreed, but some of them were well done. I thought they guy wandering around as a turret was a nice touch. Oh, and I caught a snap of Luigi defending Peach from the giant D&D Dragon down in the "hidden level". Looked epic.

Best costume, imho, I'm not spotting on here. There was a large guy dressed up as a minotaur, and while I think he was an employee of the Dragon Age booth, the costume was amazing.

Taking pictures of the cosplayers was one of my favorie things to do at PAX, and everyone was extremely kind to stop and pose. Definitely felt that all the costumes at PAX stepped it up a notch from previous years. I kinda feel that PAX should embrace it and have a costume competition on one of the stages next year (can you imagine that in Benaroya Hall?).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Popcicle42 said:
Susan Arendt said:
ImprovizoR said:
Asian chicks in bikinis, and a Harley Quinn chick? I wish I was there.
She was just one of at least two. I saw a classic Harley, who was also sensational.

Also, as Funk pointed out, we have standing rules against posting pictures of TF2 and Mario cosplay, no matter how good they are. Because they're just so friggin DONE. If I never see another damn Peach in my life, I'll be very, very happy.

That said, if they want to do a fun spin on the characters - Tanooki suit? Steampunk? Paper Mario? - that's ok. But, no, it's just the same old stuff over and over and over again. You people deserve better.

I didn't actually see any Team Rocket, though.
Agreed, but some of them were well done. I thought they guy wandering around as a turret was a nice touch. Oh, and I caught a snap of Luigi defending Peach from the giant D&D Dragon down in the "hidden level". Looked epic.

Best costume, imho, I'm not spotting on here. There was a large guy dressed up as a minotaur, and while I think he was an employee of the Dragon Age booth, the costume was amazing.

Taking pictures of the cosplayers was one of my favorie things to do at PAX, and everyone was extremely kind to stop and pose. Definitely felt that all the costumes at PAX stepped it up a notch from previous years. I kinda feel that PAX should embrace it and have a costume competition on one of the stages next year (can you imagine that in Benaroya Hall?).
Oh, we have pictures of that guy. But we didn't include them because a) he was official, and we're only doing folks who costumed under their own steam, and b) most of our pictures came out blurry, because he wouldn't keep still. :)

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Irridium said:
Sean Strife said:
Is it wrong I wish that they were dancing to Lady GaGa? Something about seeing a Spartan dance to "Just Dance" sounds oddly entertaining to me.
It's not Just Dance... but it's good enough for me. Thank you good sir.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Was really impressed by the BlazBlue ones and the Ezio one was frankly amazing.

Still was made happiest by the Pac-Man costumes though. So simple but so effective

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
No pic of the Charr costume at the Arenanet booth?

Oh, well Calvin and Hobbes makes up for it.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Some great costumes there, especially liked the Mass Effect ones.

As for the question on page 22 - no, not particularly. Those claws won't have been made from a very durable material anyway.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Cool pictures!
I have to wonder though, was it really necessary to give every single one it's own page?

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
That image in the gallery just named "PAXMAN" looks a lot like Twisted Fate

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100211025659/leagueoflegends/images/8/8f/Twisted_Fate_PaxSkin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php%3Fp%3D1492544&usg=__Rncksz9hlnQOjFxBPgGcl7xTX-I=&h=717&w=1215&sz=185&hl=en&start=44&zoom=1&tbnid=sIPtCZHpn_RSlM:&tbnh=164&tbnw=218&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPAX%2BTF%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D858%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C456&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=897&vpy=422&dur=2314&hovh=172&hovw=292&tx=165&ty=82&ei=j46MTLOoDIzJcYiuhb8E&oei=h46MTOGXLoOavAOKraicCg&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:44&biw=1680&bih=858

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100211025659/leagueoflegends/images/8/8f/Twisted_Fate_PaxSkin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php%3Fp%3D1492544&usg=__Rncksz9hlnQOjFxBPgGcl7xTX-I=&h=717&w=1215&sz=185&hl=en&start=44&zoom=1&tbnid=sIPtCZHpn_RSlM:&tbnh=164&tbnw=218&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPAX%2BTF%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D858%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C456&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=897&vpy=422&dur=2314&hovh=172&hovw=292&tx=165&ty=82&ei=j46MTLOoDIzJcYiuhb8E&oei=h46MTOGXLoOavAOKraicCg&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:44&biw=1680&bih=858

christ those links are long

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
AC10 said:
Cool pictures!
I have to wonder though, was it really necessary to give every single one it's own page?
Unfortunately, yes. Our gallery system is still being worked on, and doesn't work on article posts yet anyway. And it looks ugly to have more than one on a page.

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
Looking at the Majora's mask guy made me realize that a skull kid break dancing would be awesome.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
John Funk said:
AC10 said:
Cool pictures!
Unfortunately, yes. Our gallery system is still being worked on, and doesn't work on article posts yet anyway. And it looks ugly to have more than one on a page.
Oh well, at least it's how it is.

I hope you all had fun at PAX!