The country of Africa.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
So today at my ever-so prestigious high-school, we were forced to go to an assembly about "Countries" of the world. So this assembly was supposed to show off the amazing diversity of the school (the closes thing they could find to the Spanish were a bunch of Mexican kids).

Anyway, I could have put up with all that idiocy until this. After they showed off three presentations of the amazing country of Mexico,They presented the esteemed and totally existent country of Africa. For this presentation, a bunch of black guys dressed up in tribal outfits and began doing a horrible dance routine. To this shamfur dispray, I stood up, walked back to my web design class, and read TV tropes.

Back to the story, I can even begin to comprehend how stupid the people who came up with that idea were! First off, why are they combining the entirety of Africa into a bunch of guys dancing in tribal outfits? Secondly, why do they think Africa's a country? Thirdly, why do they think everyone in Africa's black?

So escapist, what are your thoughts on this atrocity?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Jekken6 said:
Africa isn't a country, it's a continent.
I could be mistaken because I'm tired and just skimmed the original post, but I think that was sort of his point. There are ignorant people who just sort of act like all of Africa is one country.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
GethBall said:
That's a bit racist. Uhh... what am I saying that's incredibly racist, especially for a school.
Probably innocent racism, but I'll agree with you, racism all the same.