The Critical Miss Guide to Aging

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
RJ 17 said:
I'm quite literally right behind you, as I'll be 30 in May. I feel your pain...both figuratively and literally.
And I'll be 30 in August, I feel your pains as well. Dear lord where the hell did the time go? D:

Edit: I atleast keep getting mistaken for being in my late teens/early twenties so I have that going for me, I guess it's in your mindset is all.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I think the inability to get away with not sleeping is the biggest thing I'm going to dislike in the coming years.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
dalek sec said:
Edit: I atleast keep getting mistaken for being in my late teens/early twenties so I have that going for me, I guess it's in your mindset is all.
Yeah, but it's only a matter of time before you'll wake up and stuff just hurts...for no reason at all. Go to the doctor and say "Doc, my knee's killing me. Can you fix it?" "Nope, it's just going to hurt from now on."

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I'm 30 now, and I (1) do not wear socks with sandals, and (2) still feel like my 29-year-old self, for the time being. Which Still felt like I was 28, 27, 26, etc.
Maybe my fat and salty diet is putting more chemical preservatives in my body than a Hostess snack cake.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I find it strange that we as a species have dramatically extended our lifespan over the generations yet we look at 30 more and more like it's 50. I know that's when things start slowing down and all but is it really that bad?

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Shocksplicer said:
Turned 21 two days ago.
I already feel this way.
I guess I'm advanced for my age...
You poor soul, I'm 24, (25 in April) and I already feel this way. When does the whole mid-life crisis come in again?

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
vid87 said:
I find it strange that we as a species have dramatically extended our lifespan over the generations yet we look at 30 more and more like it's 50. I know that's when things start slowing down and all but is it really that bad?
You got a good point. People's lifespan is considerably longer than how it was, say, 20 or 30 years ago. So, maybe it's a good thing.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Ha, everyone's ooooollllddddd

This is why you need to live precariously like every day is your last

-Says the 20 year old in May

*does whatever the young people are doing*

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Funny, it was the other way around for most of the peeps over 30 I know. They were all healthy eating and gym schedules then the moment they turn't 30 they were like 'Fuck it, probes just gonna die soon anyways, PASS THE DUTCHIE ON THE LEFT HAND SIIIIIIDE!'

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Meh. People make such a big deal out of that threshold, but... I really didn't notice.

Then again, I'm such an immature child...

I have noticed some age related things, but I spotted them in my early 20's, and not much has changed since then...

Make it 22 and maybe it'd apply to me...

Then again, I probably never really got past 13 anyway, so what's the difference... XD

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Whippersnappers, pushing 40 here and went to the doctor for the first time in like 15 years recently. We all gotta go sometime, no use in worrying about it too much.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
I'm turning 30 in September and my mom wants to throw a big party for it...Ugh.

I've been feeling older since 25 but that might be because I have an active job, so it's just aches and pains from work. I don't look my age apparently but at least people guess that I'm in college and not in High school anymore.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Try approaching forty. Last week I went to the hospital for... well, if you really want to know, look up hematuria. (They found nothing wrong, thankfully, but then they told me I have diabetes.) First time I've seen a doctor in about ten years. I once said that I'll never feel old because I've never felt young- only now do I realize what a fucking idiot I was.

Also, the WebMD answer to everything is "cancer".

Jadedvet

Jul 1, 2013
The comfort of socks combined with the ventilation of sandals. Once you reach 30, you don't care how other people think you look.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm 33, but I don't google symptoms. I have been feeling old for ages though. It doesn't help that I have a 22 year old niece.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
ArcaneGamer said:
Shocksplicer said:
Turned 21 two days ago.
I already feel this way.
You poor soul, I'm 24, (25 in April) and I already feel this way. When does the whole mid-life crisis come in again?
I give it a week.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Whoa... I'm the same age as the author? Dude.

Haven't noticed a difference yet, but I have been getting sick more often than usual. Hope that's just the new job environment.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Shocksplicer said:
ArcaneGamer said:
Shocksplicer said:
Turned 21 two days ago.
I already feel this way.
I give it a week.
Heaven help us all. Especially considering where our country is going. "Hey guys, I'm thinking of moving to Canada!" "Why?" "Healthcare!" =D