The current state of the forums. (statistics)

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
CaitSeith said:
Drathnoxis said:
You forgot R&P, the most (or at least second to WW) important and friendly forum in this site! /s

In a more serious note, at this rate I hope R&P doesn't end up the most active forum.
I didn't actually care about R&P but you got me curious. I edited it into the OP. Looks like it's half as active as it was last year, but last time it was election season so that makes sense. R&P was actually the most active forum last time, but it's dropped below GD and OT.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
What Drathnoxis said.

Take your beef outside if you want to throw down with each other.

OT: I know a lot of people jumped out of the Wild West into their Discord so that is likely why that forum fell off the face of the Earth. The site will likely have the same drip feed life support of users it currently has until the plug gets pulled.
If my beef gets dusty and inedible from being outside you owe me a new beef!

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Silentpony said:
How'd you get your avatar to be in that little window by the Notification box?
To quote one of the tech chat's favorite replies; Try clearing your cache.

A bit sad to see the activity documented like that😯

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
I think a big part of the site appearing so dead is all these subforums we have that nobody particularly uses. Things like advice, announcements, user reviews get topics now and then, but rarely enough that it makes the site look very slow "on average" between the subs.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
It would be helpful if at least you (or someone else on the mod team) explained why you don't feel moderation is necessary in this case.
From the perspective of a guy who used to swing the hammer, I'll try to sum it up quickly:

There's a gray area in moderation that exists almost exclusively because human socialization is relies on a ton of assumptions, and sometimes we pick the wrong assumptions and it causes friction. This is everything from body language to word choice to referencial humor to ontextual and social dynamics. There's so much to any given interaction that it's hard to take every single thing that could be an infraction, and immediately read it as one.

So, mods look for context, mods look for the whole thread dynamic, mods look for opportunity to de-escalate first, rather than go for hammer-first approaches to diplomacy. The whole tread softly part, even though we're carrying big sticks. The fact of the matter is as long as something that could be really troublesome is caught early, and headed off, there's no sense is slinging infractions around as a show of force.

This thread is still mostly functional. No sense in turning it into Bloodbath and Beyond just yet.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
EvilRoy said:
I think a big part of the site appearing so dead is all these subforums we have that nobody particularly uses. Things like advice, announcements, user reviews get topics now and then, but rarely enough that it makes the site look very slow "on average" between the subs.
I agree. I made a thread on that a while back. That was back when we actually had some staff, though.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Hi there. Just passing by.
I reckon the quote messages are still broken so my posting here has been mostly reduced to just leaving a comment in passing whenever I come by for a bit of nostalgia.
Keep on keeping on. The forums have taken on a fun new flavour in my opinion. Like a band of holdouts after a flood or something.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Drathnoxis said:
Stop derailing my thread with your hate train!
Sorry, but am I the only one who finds this post incredibly silly? Derailing with a TRAIN? Huh...

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Chessrook44 said:
Drathnoxis said:
Stop derailing my thread with your hate train!
Sorry, but am I the only one who finds this post incredibly silly? Derailing with a TRAIN? Huh...
No, no it makes sense. Like a train crash, see?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAR!

I mean...uh...I just kind of forgot about the forum at this point.

I WISH there was a forum like FFF or Gaming from MySpace days.
THAT was some stuff times.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom

What makes it even sadder/more hilarious is that this thread itself is a sterling example as to why the site's undergone a slow, pitiful, mewling death.

EscapistAccount

Aug 18, 2017
LostGryphon said:
What makes it even sadder/more hilarious is that this thread itself is a sterling example as to why the site's undergone a slow, pitiful, mewling death.
Which bit? I think I know which part you mean but I'm interested to hear which bit you're thinking of