The Darkness II Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
The Darkness II Review

The Darkness II is pretty much Mortal Kombat: The First Person Shooter.

Read Full Article

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
INteresting review Paul, but six hours!? Really!? That is really disappointing.

Jorec

Jul 7, 2010
Only 6 hours? That's way too short to be a buy for me, even with coop. Still, it'll probably be a good rental.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
If a price drop comes by soon, I'll pick it up, but even with the massive amount of praise this is getting for gameplay on various sites, I just can't justify $60 for 6 hours. Hell, I could do $40, and I'd still be considering it if it were even $50 (though I doubt I go through with it), but this is asking a bit much considering everything being released now.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I've been meaning to get around to playing the first game, and will probably do that first anyway since it's real cheap by now. Still, a 6 hour campaign definitely doesn't warrant a full price purchase.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damn, it's only six hours long?!

I'm glad to know that it's a good game but damn that's too short to buy at full price. Well I guess I can get the first one to play while I wait for the price to go down.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Okay. I need to play this game. Straight to the top of the gamefly queue it goes! That review had me sitting in awed surprise after some of those kills. It seems just the kind of psychopathic shenanigans I've been wanting of late. Looks all kinds of fun.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Why were people so pumped about this game? The first one was kind of awful, and that seemed to be the general agreement as far as I could tell.

So why was I seeing so much hype for a sequel 3-4 years after the fact?

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
"...or using your darkness powers to bite them to death death."
Audio glitch at 1:31 weird.
WMDogma said:
The Darkness II Review

The Darkness II is pretty much Mortal Kombat: The First Person Shooter.

Read Full Article

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I will still get it! As a fan of the comic, I must! :p

The only problem I had with the first one is that Jackie is more of a good guy than he is in the comics! Hes meant to be a cold blooded killer, given a power that he doesn't want, that gives him unimaginable powers, and then he fights angels, mobs and what were his protecters! There's a great story where he creates a living sex doll out of the darkness, so that he can have sex again (the Darkness means that if he pregnates a human he instantly dies, and the darkness passes to the next child) but he accidentally pregnates his own creation (not human). The rest is just awesome, and you will have to check it out! :p (Its The Darkness Accursed Vol 1)

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I don't know if the first game had this sort of semi-cel shaded look to it, but I like this style for the second game, kinda reminds me of XIII.

6 hours for the single-player campaing almost makes me wish I had a console to rent the game, or maybe I'll just wait for the price to drop a bit and wait for a Steam sale, otherwise, I think I'll be hunting for a Let's Play instead.

mightybozz

Aug 20, 2009
I really liked the first game. Mainly for the story and the characters, and the twisted version of hell/the darkness' realm.

Looks like they've cut out most of that stuff in favour of making a short game and hoping for a profit.

If there were any shops which rented games anymore, I might rent it. But I'm not going to endorse yet another short story with a cliffhanger ending. Especially not when the first tale of love and revenge ended so well

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Six hours? Jackie will have barely have time to finish loading his shotgun!
XD Oh thank you! That made me burst out laughing.

OT: The game looks pretty good, it's a pity about the short length but with any luck they will do a awesome DLC pack. Although I do doubt that sadly.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I got this through the post yesterday, (thanks for the early delivery GAME) and finished it in about 5 hours. It was fun while it lasted but really needed at least 3 more hours of campaign. Luckily I didn't pay full price for it...

DVS BSTrD said:
Six hours? Jackie will have barely have time to finish loading his shotgun!
That was brilliant, made me laugh out loud.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Six hours and cel-shading. Damnit. I've been waiting for this sequel since I played the first game back in 2008. Might grab it when the price goes below £10, though it seems unlikely. :(

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
It has some pretty good replay value, so I think it was worth it. Fantistic fun to play.
But yeah, I got it today and I've already finished it.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
animehermit said:
For PC guys:

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Locked FOV at 70 makes it extremely uncomfortable to play on the PC, either wait for them to patch it into the game or just don't buy.
A patch [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115772-The-Darkness-IIs-FOV-Issue-Getting-Patched] is incoming for that particular issue.

EvilestDeath said:
"...or using your darkness powers to bite them to death death."
Audio glitch at 1:31 weird.
Ah, that must've slipped past me during the final edit. I'll have that fixed in a jiffy, thanks for catching that!