The Defenestration of Erin Stout

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Props for the vocabulary. Also, $2 on his apartment being on the first floor or summat.
Timberwolf0924 said:
one way to tell her your fling is over..
I see what you did there.
BX3 said:
Wait! neither one of them said "Jesus", so why'd he push her out the window?
It was Erin who made the "don't mention Jesus" comment. He said "give me five minutes to help you" and her first thought was "oh lordy, Jesus freak".

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
"Defenestration" Still the best word in the english language.

I'm lovin this arc keep it up.
GeeksUtopia said:
She is still in a coma and she wakes up from it when she hits the floor
I got 5 bucks on this
Also
<youtube=gxkeZ0Wj6IU&feature=fvwrel>

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Woah! Okay, that's funny, although I'm not sure what it says about me, that was funny. But unless there's some kind of reveal next comic...that's an awfully strange dark turn.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
DUDE! That's exactly where I learned it! Does this mean that Escapists watch too many cartoons, or that Josh Keaton hates Critical Miss?
upgray3dd said:
I get the impression this would've been funnier if I didn't know what the word "defenestration" meant. Curse you, The Spectacular Spider-man cartoon.
DUDE! That's exactly where I learned it! Does this mean that Escapists watch too many cartoons, or that Josh Keaton hates Critical Miss?

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
my guess is she hits her head again, lives and is cured. by cured i mean no longer sees video game characters.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
So, not only can Erin see video game characters, but she has psychic powers as well?

Yeah, this can't be what it looks like. Why would he put up with everything only to try and kill her now? He wouldn't jump in a fight and stuff to help her if he was going to end up killing her and he's already had plenty of chances to kill her and hasn't. My guess is he's trying to make her feel like she's in danger to make her see how great life is then he's going to pull her back in, or something like that.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Am I the only one who is a bit confused by the dark turn the series has taken as of late?

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
So, either he pushes her out the window, or she is falling out the window, and he's about to help her back in...

Either way, I'm curious as to whats gonna happen...
Defenestration typically means "to be thrown out", so I'm leaning more towards it being a deliberate act.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
To be honest I've been working under the theory that Erin's new boyfriend is another video game character and all in her head, so she probably staggered into this empty building on her own or was dumped there by those who beat her up.

Originally when I saw him I was thinking it might be Brian Basco from the "Runaway" games using an alias, who is sort of the quintessential male romantic lead, and is kind of based around straightening out (well sort of) a girl with (serious, serious) problems, albiet not quite the kind of problems Erin is dealing with. The hair is however a shade too dark.

That said if I had to take a wild guess, being a comic strip she might be about to fall out the window, whack her head again, and this will correct the problems. This being how this guy is going to "help her", which would make a twisted kind of sense if he was in her head and she just spent an evening talking to an imaginary friend in a bar.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
My prediction: A month from now Erin will be thrown "out of her mind" by her own hallucinations growing tired of putting up with her. :p

Edit:
Therumancer said:
That said if I had to take a wild guess, being a comic strip she might be about to fall out the window, whack her head again, and this will correct the problems. This being how this guy is going to "help her", which would make a twisted kind of sense if he was in her head and she just spent an evening talking to an imaginary friend in a bar.
Ahhhhh but that would "fix her", and he most specifically said he wasn't going to do that. :p