The DeLorean Comes Back [In the Future]

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
Heh, A Friend of my Mothers used to work on the floor on these hunks of metal, Got to sit in one too... brings me back.

Saying that as iconic as it is, i do remember the orginial to be a nightmare to drive, and the electrics giving out ALL the time.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm.. well, I guess a charity auction benefiting a needy cause is better than another BTTF film being made which is what I suspected this thread would be about when I read the title.

Literally was thinking "Forward to the past?!?!?" where the "future" people have to invade the 1980s and warn them they are about to make an over hyped, slightly above mediocre comedic film.

Helping people, good. Average film, Meh. More power to you if you like it, Just stating I personally wasnt impressed.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Father Time said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
LavaLampBamboo said:
If the manufacture of a new DeLorean isn't enough to get the fourth BTTF film made, I don't know what is.

C'MON! It'd be so perfect!! You could set the film in the 80s and actually have the 2013 car LITERALLY FROM THE FUTURE!

And breathe....
2 questions:
1) Do you work at Paramount
2) Why not.
Universal owns Back to the Future not Paramount
I was just aiming for a general movie studio really. Thanks for the info though!

Powerlyne

Mar 11, 2010
I used to live near the new factory. Its in Humble, TX which is just to the north, northeast of Houston, so you still occasionally see these cars all around here (albeit, much shinier and in amazing condition since they are actually new cars).

They still turn heads every time one drives by.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Great Scott! I must buy this!

Does the batter hold 1.21 gigawatts? It better do!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Arrrggghhh! Instead of making flying DeLeorens we're making slower electric ones!

I'll take the off-road version, thanks.
125 mph isn't that slow... XD

Royas said:
For the price, it's travel range is way too short. Electric cars are getting better, but they aren't there yet. I'll look into buying one when they make one that has a speed of at least 80 mph, a range of at least 200 miles on a charge and a price tag of no more than 25K.

So far, no dice.

Yeah... Ok, but look, 2 out of 3 isn't so bad, is it?

Tesla motors can manage it... The only remaining problem is the cost.

The current model Tesla roadster can do 125 mph, and has a range of 245 miles. (That just leaves the cost, which is over $100,000)

The tesla S is expected to have a range of 300 miles and a top speed of 130 mph... And, to cost in the range of 60-80,000

So... Cost is the only real sticking point that remains... And that's mainly a numbers game. (The more electric cars there are on the road, the cheaper they'll end up being.)