The Division's Scheduled Patch Was "Unsuccessful," Has Been Delayed

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Division's Scheduled Patch Was "Unsuccessful," Has Been Delayed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1324/1324684.jpg

"Prior to deployment, it has been found that the patch was unsuccessful and has been delayed."

In the Ubisoft forums [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1457008-Server-Maintenance-June-2nd] today, Ubisoft Massive announced that it has delayed the latest patch for The Division, which was scheduled to go live when servers went offline at 8am CEST today. Due to the delay the servers will remain online. The reason for the delay? The patch was "unsuccessful."

"Prior to deployment, it has been found that the patch was unsuccessful and has been delayed," the update reads. "This also means that the deployment of the Clear Sky Challenge Mode has been delayed for the time being as well. We will share more info on when the patch will be deployed and what it contains as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience."

A the same issue was reported [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167535-The-Newest-Update-to-The-Division-is-Causing-More-Problems].

In other The Division news, it was recently reported [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167587-The-Division-Movie-Stars-Jake-Gyllenhaal] that there might be a movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

Mar 30, 2010
Another week, another announcement that the latest update for The Division is broken. Does this even constitute news anymore?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Grouchy Imp said:
Another week, another announcement that the latest update for The Division is broken. Does this even constitute news anymore?
It's about on par with "water is still wet" in shock value. I wonder how many patches they'll need for the division movie.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
The Enquirer said:
Grouchy Imp said:
It's about on par with "water is still wet" in shock value. I wonder how many patches they'll need for the division movie.
This is just the third time. Let's just wait for the modders to fix it.

...oh, I forgot. The Division can't be modded.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
In other The Division news, it was recently reported [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167587-The-Division-Movie-Stars-Jake-Gyllenhaal] that there might be a movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal.
Glad to see Ubisoft is keeping those priorities straight.

Joking aside, it's starting to sound like there's a fundamental flaw with the game itself that's causing these issues: something that's not easily patched and very expensive to fix properly. I want to cut ubisoft some slack about it, but considering they are likely not investing the manpower they should to actually fix it and they probably don't care because we were all dumb enough to still buy one of their games after AC Unity... well, let's just say they already have our money and leave it at that.

I guess it's good that at least they are trying to fix it, right?

Mar 30, 2010
The Enquirer said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I think we'd just end up with Division: The Series. That's the current trend, isn't it? :)

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Grouchy Imp said:
The Enquirer said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I think we'd just end up with Division: The Series. That's the current trend, isn't it? :)
That's Square Enix. With Ubisoft we would have to use their cable service then pay extra for the last 5 scenes of the movie.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Is this becoming the norm in Ubisoft games?
Expect lots of bugs from day 1 and cross your fingers when a patch comes out.
Keep this up and they will give Bethesda a run for their money.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
Gatlank said:
Yea, but different circumstances.....Bethesda are normally single player games, so bugs generally aren't as harmful, as you can choose to ignore them. However, in a game with multiplayer as 90% of it, those bugs are forced on you.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Gatlank said:
Part of the shit from ubi has been how their patches either just break it worse, or don't end up getting anywhere after hyping the patch up.

With a Bethesda game, you know there's gonna be bugs out the ass, but then the patches do actually fix the worst of them.

At the end of the day, the Bethesda game is in better shape than when it launched, Whereas Ubi's managed to delete characters, lose items, applied completely ineffectual patches, and now straight up failed to deploy a patch. That's pretty impressive on the fuck up scale.