The Downside to Marriage Equality

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The Downside to Marriage Equality

"I didn't help overthrow hundreds of years' worth of bigotry just so you can go around acting like a hussy."

Read Full Article

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
...You guys aren't paid enough for his shit, you just aren't.

That was pure Irish Granny Nagging at it's finest! XD

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'm thinking Grey's just bitter - I'm betting he's got an absolutely darling little outfit and no opportunities to wear it.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Well I couldnt stop laughing this was one of the best comics you guys have done recently. Im laughing to hard

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Another downside? The potential number of people such as I to bitterly glare at when going to crowded movie theatres and restaurants by ourselves has now literally been doubled. Hell, quadrupled if you count trans.

Prepare yourselves gays. And remember that this is the future you chose.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Isn't the whole wanting of grandchildren a natural instinct of needing one's genetic material past down to a future generation? In fact, I'm pretty sure the baser instincts of heterosexuals is to mate with the opposite sex so that they can do just that. So there is a logical fallacy in the grandmother in the comic wanting to be 'like other grandmothers' by wanting her grandchild to adopt a non-genetic descendant.

Captcha: Cloud nine.
An appropriate choice considering that is where most homosexual couples are at right now with the Supreme Court decision.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
I worry about marriage equality because I fear for the child caught in a never-ending loop of "Go ask your mother."

Why does no one ever think of the children?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Finally, homosexuals can be as cranky and miserable as straight married people! Huzzah!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
Its funny because its true. No really, she won't shut the hell up and I'm going insane. We didn't listen! WE DIDN'T LISTEN!
Both my grandmothers were mouth-foaming homophobes.

Trade ya.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
You want my grandmother who thinks she's Mary Todd Lincoln and the other who isn't that homophobic but says shit that otherwise would make skinheads blush?

Seems like a fair trade. NO BACKSIES!
You haven't even heard about my grandparents besides the homphobia. Though I'm down to one grandmother now, so you may win by default.

Except on the racism count. I think my family can hold their own, even down a member.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
Isn't the whole wanting of grandchildren a natural instinct of needing one's genetic material past down to a future generation?
Nope, grandmothers just love grandchildren they don't care where they came from, I know one likes getting adopted grandchildren so much that she says its her preference since she doesn't have to weight 9 months before trying to get her daughter to give her another one. Also many grandparents are much more interested in passing down their cultural heritage than their genetic.