The Dungeon of Lulu Farea -Kill, Screw, Marry!-

Gauche

Aug 16, 2016

This is an adult game containing sexual content
All H-scenes are skippable

"Gauche! Why are you playing adult games?!"

Dunno. Wanted to play short RPGs so I looked into RPGM games. Turns out there are a lot of adult RPGM games. Decided to check out a few. They can't all be trash right?

Despite being labeled as a RPG The Dungeon of Lulu Farea -Kill, Screw, Marry!- by Galaxy Wars is a puzzle game at heart.

One plays as Klurs to conquer the 60 floor monster riddled dungeon. Klurs's motivation to do so falls into "adult plot" zones.

So what makes this a puzzle game then? Well the only source of healing aside from heart pickups scattered about is the Inn located outside the dungeon with the catch being that the price increases with each use.

This creates an environment where every decision matters as if one is careless you can no longer proceed in the game as you won't be able to afford the healing service. Efficiency is of the utmost importance. Each floor has several ways to clear it but taking any but the most efficient route will probably bite you down the line. Even the first floor can lead to several reloads.

Furthermore, you never "level up" from defeating monsters (they only drop gold) which forces you to rely on acquiring "goddess fragments" for stat increases.

Klurs is regularly outmatched by monsters though. As seen below he can't even dent a Skeleton. This results in fighting tooth and nail for any and all available power ups.

Down the line you'll meet a Witch who sells you stat increasing items however she also raises her prices with each transaction. The further down you go the greater effect her items provide so skipping her entirely might be for the best for efficiency's sake.

In addition to these ever increasing costs is the shop outside the dungeon which sells you one item and only changes stock once the item is sold. Inventory ranges from overpriced meager potions to deadly flamethrowers. Most items serve a use to overcome certain obstacles or provide new pathways in the dungeon.

Managing your gold proves difficult. I played the game on Hard difficulty and barely salvaged a normal victory despite wholeheartedly believing my choices were well made. Eventually managed to achieve the true ending after correcting a few major mistakes. If you find yourself in an unwinnable situation the game provides a shop on the surface offering infinite health and gold at the cost of having your end score being 0.

Like with most RPGM games this title suffers with inconsistent art direction. One moment you could be fighting a tiny pixel Lizard Knight and in another be met with an out of place huge Tanuki monster.

The music isn't bad but isn't exactly good either. Serviceable but not much else.
A sequel is in the works and I hope these areas are improved upon.

The Dungeon of Lulu Farea -Kill, Screw, Marry!- is a game I had a ton of fun playing and would recommend to all who can stomach what an adult game entails.

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Good review, but outside of saying its an H game you didn't really clue me into anything that would make this more than a T rating with the mechanics, the images used, or the progression