The Elder Scrolls Online Goes All-Out With Eight-Minute "Arrival" Trailer

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Auberon said:
Calling it now, that guy will be a raid boss who dies unceremonial death.
I didn't realize that Darth Revan was in this game.

Nice if conventional trailer. When is Blur Studio going to nut up and make a whole movie instead of just doing these trailers?

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
I'm a little confused by what's going, particularly at the end...
I'm pretty sure that's Mannimarco, the King of Worms. He and Molag Bal mus have decided it's about time to deal with those holdouts in the Imperial City.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
That was an Elder Scrolls trailer? If I hadn't been told I'd of assumed it was for Diablo 4 or something. :/

Seems like one of those things that while technically excellent leaves you feeling unsatisfied and bored. I don't know, I'm burned out on WoW and more interested in something like Wildstar than this. But, if it does turn out well I'll give it a go I suppose.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
As someone that has play tested the game already, I can assure you that it plays NOTHING like the average MMO. It feels more like someone grabbed Skyrim's engine and retrofitted it for multiplayer use... Though there was also a lot of it shaven off which disappointed me.

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
JenSeven said:
Sight Unseen said:
I've dabbled with the closed beta and the game is VERY quest and story driven. I don't remember getting a single quest to "kill 5 rats" or "obtain 5 hides" for no reason.
Ahhh... you were in the closed Beta. No wonder this sounds so much like PR speech.
I guess you'd have to sign a contract about not revealing much about the game, or not revealing any negative aspects of the game.
Sorry, but your input into this thread and your opinions just went right out the window.
He has the most experience with the game out of all of us. Therefore, we can't trust him.
Not sure I fallow your logic there. In my eyes, his input has colossally more merit than yours or mine. He didn't even really say anything all that positive, or even give an opinion of any kind. He just said some things that where or where not in the game(that he actually played, might I add again). I mean, I could see if it where a dev, or a PR spokesmen, and not trusting his word then. But I really don't see why Mr.Unseen would lie to us. Even if he said he didn't like it, I would think Zenimax would realize the potential PR shitstorm that would come from suing someone for stating there opinion.

OT:We've been at this crossroad before, an my response is always the same. The trailer is impressive, but doesn't really tell me much about the game, besides bits of the story. Therefore, doesn't weigh in much of my opinion of the game.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mortuorum said:
I'm pretty sure that's Mannimarco, the King of Worms. He and Molag Bal mus have decided it's about time to deal with those holdouts in the Imperial City.
But that's a pretty dramatic retcon, isn't it? I was under the impression that Mannimarco was a necromancer from the start.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
It's quite interesting the fact that no one (that I follow anyway site or youtuber otherwise except for ForceStrategy) that the Collector's Edition of the game gives you an exclusive race (Imperial) to play for purchasing it.

I need not mention that this is will be a game with a subscription fee and in game shop and they have the gall to do such a thing, thus ruining the whole 3 factions and lore because they let you play in any faction that you desire.

With that said, the trailer was pretty and dandy, but it's all just smoke and mirrors to get people hyped. Wasted money on marketing is what this is instead of investing it to make it more than "Skyrim with more people".

Like all MMO's that came before it, I will play it when it becomes free to play (eventually). Until then, I'm happy playing WoW as my MMO of choice.

pezofdoom

Feb 13, 2012
For crying out loud, just stop, stop making games and make that damn movie you so obviously want to make. I WILL watch it because it'll be awesome.

Darkcerb

Mar 22, 2012
Maybe I'm getting cynical but such an extravagant trailer, while impressive, coming out before the release and not long after pre-orders with no gameplay makes me want to run screaming from the title more then anything.

If dead island especially taught us anything it's to be a bit critical of this kind of thing.