The Elder Scrolls Online Video Shows Character Creation

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
The Elder Scrolls Online Video Shows Character Creation

Want to know how to create a character in The Elder Scrolls Online? We have a video that shows you what is involved in making the your champion in Tamriel your own.

The Escapist team has dived into the beta for The Elder Scrolls Online and has come back with PvP is handled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10981-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Beta-Impressions-From-Tamriel].

Now, you can get a look at how to create a character to begin your adventures.

The video delves into the various factions and looks for male and female. It also shows how those characters look in the novice and veteran gear (or no gear if you are into that sort of thing) for light, medium and heavy armor.

After watching the video, which one is your favorite? I'm a bit partial to the Khajitt, but the female plate armor is all wrong.

[video=8796]

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
A bit misleading it video does not actually show the Character Creation itself. It just showing you random examples of Character you can/will be able to create.

Have to say I kind of like they seem to be forcing race-specific gear looks, means the beast races won't shafted as they normally do in TES. Also it would helps in both immersion and pvp gameplay because that way you wont have people from different factions all running around in the same endgame armour.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I have to say, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the character creation options. The options were nice, as were the looks of most of the armour sets. You can see the quality of the race styles there, which means you might see a wider variety of different weapon designs being worn by people.

Some of the voice acting sounds like a mixed bag from the developer videos, but overall my impressions have been positive.

Having said all that, I don't think I'd spring the money for the game at launch. They ask for too much.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Halyah said:
Compared to skyrim, the character creation in TESO is rather lacking to be honest. It has some weird ass blunders and only one thing I'd say was an improvement(setting the character model itself aside).
How is it lacking? It has more sliders than you'll ever need and more options for defining the shape/tone of your characters body, and every character looks unique.

Lncredible

Mar 23, 2009
Barbas said:
I have to say, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the ******. The options were ***, as were ****. You can **************.

Some of the ****, and John Cleese ****** my impressions were positive.

Having said all that, I would not spring the money for the game at launch. They ask for too much.
Careful you don't break the terms of your NDA! :)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Lncredible said:
Barbas said:
I have to say, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the character creation options. The options were nice, as were the looks of most of the armour sets. You can see the quality of the race styles there, which means you might see a wider variety of different weapon designs being worn by people.

Some of the voice acting sounds like a mixed bag from the developer videos, but overall my impressions have been positive.

Having said all that, I don't think I'd spring the money for the game at launch. They ask for too much.
Careful you don't break the terms of your NDA! :)
I think that was all covered in the developer videos. I didn't really see all that much of the game. I'll get rid of
Code:
Jane Keyes
to be safe, I suppose.

EDIT: Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I saw your avatar there - my eyes aren't what they used to be, but are you by any chance Malcolm McDowell?

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
*sigh* Boob bulges on plate armor? Really?

That completely-unnecessary, purely-for-sexual-asthetics is still actually a thing? We haven't gotten out of the adolescent stage yet? Ah, well. Maybe on the next game.

Can I at least create a character that isn't forced to sport default double D's? Or am I only allowed to change everything *except* bust size? That video isn't giving me a lot of hope.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
It is amazing how low the expectations are for people when it comes to anything from an MMO. It seems like they'll be impressed by just about anything, no matter how sub par it is.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Pink Apocalypse said:

That completely-unnecessary, purely-for-sexual-asthetics is still actually a thing? We haven't gotten out of the adolescent stage yet? Ah, well. Maybe on the next game.

Can I at least create a character that isn't forced to sport default double D's? Or am I only allowed to change everything *except* bust size? That video isn't giving me a lot of hope.
Having played the Beta and being worried about the same thing, I'm happy to say you can make a female character that's almost completely flat-chested. The breast plates are still a nonsensical design for any set of armour though. Perhaps one day people will learn that they serve no purpose than to cause serious chest and breast pains, to direct any sword attack directly to your vital organs and the potential to break your sturnum.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
Voulan said:
Pink Apocalypse said:

Having played the Beta and being worried about the same thing, I'm happy to say you can make a female character that's almost completely flat-chested. The breast plates are still a nonsensical design for any set of armour though. Perhaps one day people will learn that they serve no purpose than to cause serious chest and breast pains, to direct any sword attack directly to your vital organs and the potential to break your sturnum.
Yeah, they're objectifying to the point of offensive and absurd. In years of practicing Kendo, I've never thought to myself or heard another woman proclaim, 'You know what my Bogu needs? Boob bulges. I mean, our boobs have plenty of room now underneath them (no matter the size), but what will guys have to stare at, and know that we're girls an' junk?' Ugh.

I crafted swords for years, and my boyfriend has crafted chainmail and owns plate armor. When he's had me wear it, the idea of how boob bulges on it would feel and function is just beyond idiotic.