The Elder Scrolls Online's Voice Cast Includes Monty Python, Harry Potter Actors

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I recognised John Cleese and Michael Gambon straight away. The voice acting in that game is shaping up to be absolutely stellar, hopefully across the board.

If I do decide to play it then maybe I'll actually bother listening to MMO dialogue for a change.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Unmatched left parenthesis - my day is ruined [http://xkcd.com/859/].

Cool voice cast, though. I already knew they had Michael Gambon 'cause I recognised his voice in one of the trailers. He has a very distinctive voice. Looking forward to hearing Femshep and Viktor in there too.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
Woah, they got a lot of famous people to VA in this MMO. BUT, i get the feeling many will be small roles or cameos; probably too expensive to keep them too long.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
mechalynx said:
Malcolm McDowell played Mancar Camoran, the main villain in Oblivion. And I thought I heard John Cleese while in beta!
No, Mankar Camoran was voiced by Terence Stamp.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Mega Messiah said:
Considering you speak to Cadwell for all of about 5 minutes in the tutorial area, it seems like a waste of John Cleese's talents.
Based on the fact that the video showed him voicing lines he does not say in the tutorial, I am fairly sure he returns later on.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Anthadlas Babyeater said:
Oh good, Another game in which I can listen to Jennifer Hale's breathy and over dramatic voice with people constantly reminding me about how amazing she is.
She sounds pretty good to me! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-_xA_2SEE] Not a bad singer either.

Anyway, I hardly ever recognise celebrity voice overs unless they have a really distinct voice. I just hope the actors put a bit of effort into it, otherwise it's really distracting. I can't imagine John Cleese doing any more than the bare minimum. :(

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
PrinceOfShapeir said:
mechalynx said:
Malcolm McDowell played Mancar Camoran, the main villain in Oblivion. And I thought I heard John Cleese while in beta!
No, Mankar Camoran was voiced by Terence Stamp.
Dang it. I was thinking of Fallour 3, wasn't I?