The Elder Scrolls problems

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
1) But I'm playing on console! In which case you're fucked, you'll just have to accept all of the 2845 bugs you will encounter on any given playthrough, welcome to the Elder Scrolls console experience
The best one was when they finally fixed the bit in Oblivion on PS3 where you could never cure yourself of vampirism. Then released the Game of the Year edition like a month later and reintroduced that bug, never to fix it again.

Bethesda could do with some cross-polination of its studios really. Get some technical polish and coding standards from Id. And some ability to design interesting gameplay and atmosphere from Arkane (Not that they had those for Oblivion, but still).

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
TES games like Russian Roulette on consoles.
Sure, it's thrilling, but you never know when your luck will run out and your version of the game will turn into a fucking powerpoint presentation.

Yes, I'm still salty about that...and TES4 having less content on the PS3 version.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
1) But I'm playing on console! In which case you're fucked, you'll just have to accept all of the 2845 bugs you will encounter on any given playthrough, welcome to the Elder Scrolls console experience

Damn, cause I am on 360. Plus, while I save every tiny thing and never erase any ( I'm up to save number 475) I had gotten halfway through thieves guild, then started and finished mages guild, then finished thieves guild, all before encountering my no bounty Erasure problem. Power leveling sneak to master in the opening of the game and necking chameleon potions lets you get away with literally everything, then wouldn't ya know it, I hit the activate button on an NPC, they move, and boom, one accidentally stolen sweetroll unlocks a bunch of unreported crimes and, holy fuck, my bounty's 450,000

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
In Oblivion, the sands of resolve gotten from the necromancer in the first dark brotherhood contract given by Lucien lachance, does that hourglass do anything?