The elder scrolls "Space" rim?

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
No! That would be dumb, stupid, idiotic, wouldn't make sense.... oh hell who am I kidding I would buy it and love the hell out of it

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
strangemoose said:
eh it would probably just be labeled a fallout/mass effect knock off
just keep skyrim and all its glory in the past and let games like mass effect and fallout stay in the future
don't focus on the past, look towards the future!

all joking aside, this really could work if it was like kotor, except in the first-person, larger and much less linear, and with a wider variety of gameplay styles, and not in the star wars universe. give it a rest, already

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
I would like a fantasy enviroment where technology, science and society have developed into something similar to our own current enviroment. Imagine a battle-mage attempting to shoot down a helicopter, or a group of professional Dwarven troll hunters stalking the caverns with submachineguns.

But I don't think Elder Scrolls lends itself well to this... It's got its own niche, and it'd be better to simply start from the beginning.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Skyrim is already in the future. Haven't you seen the Nordic Space Program. We launch our Nordrinaughts into space using giants with sticks!

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
TestECull said:
The only thing I would change would be the addition of guns. I find it slightly odd that the people of Tamriel have never thought to stuff a bomb down the closed end of a metal tube, stuff some rocks or similar in after the bomb, then set that bomb off while pointing the open end at someone they don't like.
umm....what?

So your saying that the people of Tamriel, should shove an object that they've never heard of, or even have the gunpowder to make, down a metal tube, which would then result in there hands blowing off.....

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Advance the fantasy setting a hundred years in the future (relative to our tech's advancement on Earth), and I think you'd have some awesome venues to explore.

Muskets and stuff. Crossbows. Spears. There are some cool options to look at. Enchanted muskets? Holy dicks, amirite?

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
Elders Scrolls should NEVER take place in the future!
EVER!

I would like to see a Steampunk-like Elders Scrolls game. It would be interesting.
Morrowind was probably the most Steampunk-like game in the series so far.
very doable methinks. bring back the dwenmer. the perfect mixture of magic and steampunkery.. however any projectile weapons would have to be very limited in their power/reload time/range as I feel it would completely do away with the point in using magic at all..unless the magic schools are incorporated into the dwenmer tech mix....can I copyright this idea?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I've always been curious in how a universe involving magic and elves and swords and stuff would adapt into the future if it didn't manage to wipe itself out. I don't think the Elder Scrolls would be the best to take it forward though.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
As soon as I read this I literally said "SPAAAAAAACE!" What is wrong with me?!

Would be very interesting, but I really can't picture it. Not enough tech. And the inventory management... eugh...

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Conza said:
Nah its not Fallout folks!

Imagine one set in like... the 19th Century, yeah, now that'd be brilliant, Muskets and Rifles, Rapiers and Scimitars too, and magic could be something that was forgotten, then rediscovered in the game, now that would be awesome.
So Fable 2?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
IamLEAM1983 said:
Whaaaa?

Elder Scrolls in space? Nope. Never. That'd kill the very spirit of the series. You want Space Fantasy? Stick to Warhammer 40 000.

Besides, open space outside of Nirn (the planet) is a supernatural void, Masser and Secundus are both facets of some god (I don't remember), and stars are actually comparatively tiny portals to Oblivion.

So, um... No. Don't like that. At least, not personally.
but 40k is a strategy game series, not an rpg series

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Anyone else remember the first Ultima? It was set in a Medieval backdrop, but you could go into space.

It kinda sucked.

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
FUS RO DAH sure would be effective there...

But no, I like the fantasy setting of Elder Scrolls, and while space may have pretty lights and gases to look at, it's not too great for exploration.

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
Future tech doesn't make sense in the Elder Scrolls universe. Why would anyone bother to use guns when they could just shoot fireballs, lightning, and ice directly from their hands without the use of tools. Why bother with a gun when I can raise a dead body to life and have it beat you over the head.

Necessity is the mother of invention and the universe of Elder Scrolls has no need for "realistic" technology.

In other words; the lore of the Elder Scrolls series doesn't allow things like guns, planes, trains, or automobiles.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
I don't think there should be Elder Scrolls in space.

HOWEVER

I am SERIOUSLY jonesing for a serious space RPG along the lines of Spaceflight or Star Control 2... something on that line of fun. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mass Effect, but it's a long time since we've actually gone the whole 'Star Trek Sim' route, and I think Bethesda could do a fine job creating and populating an entire universe along the same scope as Star Control 2.

In fact, Bethesda. Get the Star Control license.

Make. It. Happen.

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
no, maybe let Bethesda or obsidian make a Warhammer game....

the Elder Scrolls needs to finish off the continent then move to Akavir.. Snow Demons, serpent-men, the Monkey People, and tiger dragons. i don't know how to say screw the future more efficiently then that.