The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Confirmed for Nintendo Switch

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
695
0
0
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
 

sagitel

New member
Feb 25, 2012
472
0
0
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
 

DarklordKyo

New member
Nov 22, 2009
1,797
0
0
Darth Rosenberg said:
Each to their own, but... You'd buy an entirely new console for what would be the very worst version of a six year old game?

I think it's rather embarrassing that they made such a big deal of Skyrim at a new console reveal. Fallout 4 would've been more impressive (and far less bizarre), even if it would be the worst version on all platforms if mod support wasn't included.

Has any word been said on mods, though? There's surely no reason why Switch couldn't use 'em, and allowing as full support as is possible on console would bump Skyrim (or Fallout 4) above the PS4's half-arsed version.
It could be worth it just to have a portable version.
 

direkiller

New member
Dec 4, 2008
1,656
0
0
sagitel said:
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
or the marketing team dose not play games and dose not know the difference. It's not like they are running any of that trailer on a switch, or playing the game at all for that matter, It's video stuck in after the fact.

Remember the kinnect trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM better to wait and see rather then speculate one way or another at this point.
 

sagitel

New member
Feb 25, 2012
472
0
0
direkiller said:
sagitel said:
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
or the marketing team dose not play games and dose not know the difference. It's not like they are running any of that trailer on a switch, or playing the game at all for that matter, It's video stuck in after the fact.

Remember the kinnect trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM better to wait and see rather then speculate one way or another at this point.
they showed the old version of skyrim. we are getting the old version of skyrim. i dont get what its got to do with marketing not getting games.
 

ZCAB

Regular Member
Apr 24, 2020
80
0
11
Country
Netherlands
sagitel said:
direkiller said:
sagitel said:
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
or the marketing team dose not play games and dose not know the difference. It's not like they are running any of that trailer on a switch, or playing the game at all for that matter, It's video stuck in after the fact.

Remember the kinnect trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM better to wait and see rather then speculate one way or another at this point.
they showed the old version of skyrim. we are getting the old version of skyrim. i dont get what its got to do with marketing not getting games.
Wait, what am I missing here? The footage in the announcement clearly IS Skyrim SE, as evidenced by the density of grass and the added small rocks among other things. Whether the Switch version will actually look like that is another thing, but why would you think it's getting the original version of the game?

EDIT: looking back on it, even the Skyrim footage in the Switch reveal trailer was from the remaster. I don't get it.
 

sagitel

New member
Feb 25, 2012
472
0
0
ZCAB said:
sagitel said:
direkiller said:
sagitel said:
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
or the marketing team dose not play games and dose not know the difference. It's not like they are running any of that trailer on a switch, or playing the game at all for that matter, It's video stuck in after the fact.

Remember the kinnect trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM better to wait and see rather then speculate one way or another at this point.
they showed the old version of skyrim. we are getting the old version of skyrim. i dont get what its got to do with marketing not getting games.
Wait, what am I missing here? The footage in the announcement clearly IS Skyrim SE, as evidenced by the density of grass and the added small rocks among other things. Whether the Switch version will actually look like that is another thing, but why would you think it's getting the original version of the game?

EDIT: looking back on it, even the Skyrim footage in the Switch reveal trailer was from the remaster. I don't get it.
well butter me up and call me jane. that is the remastered version. but i still dont believe we are getting that on the switch.
 

ZCAB

Regular Member
Apr 24, 2020
80
0
11
Country
Netherlands
sagitel said:
ZCAB said:
sagitel said:
direkiller said:
sagitel said:
JenSeven said:
How come it's regular Skyrim, and not Skyrim SE? And if you want to show off a Bethesda game, their latest offering, Fallout 4 would be much tastier and in demand, or at least the reworked and prettied up version of Skyrim. So, why does it look like regular old Skyrim?

Because Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 are 64-bit.
I suspect the Switch isn't.
my bet is that the switch just doesnt have the power to run those two
or the marketing team dose not play games and dose not know the difference. It's not like they are running any of that trailer on a switch, or playing the game at all for that matter, It's video stuck in after the fact.

Remember the kinnect trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qlHoxPioM better to wait and see rather then speculate one way or another at this point.
they showed the old version of skyrim. we are getting the old version of skyrim. i dont get what its got to do with marketing not getting games.
Wait, what am I missing here? The footage in the announcement clearly IS Skyrim SE, as evidenced by the density of grass and the added small rocks among other things. Whether the Switch version will actually look like that is another thing, but why would you think it's getting the original version of the game?

EDIT: looking back on it, even the Skyrim footage in the Switch reveal trailer was from the remaster. I don't get it.
well butter me up and call me jane. that is the remastered version. but i still dont believe we are getting that on the switch.
With the gaming industry's sad history of false advertising, I don't blame you. However, the idea of Skyrim SE running on the Switch is hardly outlandish enough to assume the worst.

Sure, the Switch is going to be less powerful than the PS4 and X1 ? probably significantly so ? but the fact it can run Unreal Engine 4 proves that it's at least in the same ballpark (and not in that of the X360 and PS3, which are literal multitudes slower). I expect true current-gen games to be severely cut down if they get a Switch release, but even with its new bells and whistles, Skyrim SE is a previous generation game at heart. It's even one of the few games to output at native 2160p on PS4 Pro, meaning it stresses the system less than most other titles. Furthermore, the PS4 and X1 run at close to the equivalent of maxed settings on PC, leaving ample room to lower things for the Switch version if necessary.