The Emmy Awards Are Tonight: Check Out the Nominees Here!

harpere

May 20, 2014
The Emmy Awards Are Tonight: Check Out the Nominees Here!

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR A MOVIE

Jessica Lange as Fiona Goode, American Horror Story: Coven
Sarah Paulson as Cordelia Goode Foxx, American Horror Story: Coven
Helena Bonham Carter as Elizabeth Taylor, Burton And Taylor
Minnie Driver as Maggie Royal, Return To Zero
Kristen Wiig as Cynthia Morehouse, The Spoils Of Babylon
Cicely Tyson as Carrie Watts, The Trip To Bountiful

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR A MOVIE

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Louis Lester, Dancing On The Edge
Martin Freeman as Lester Nygaard, Fargo
Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo, Fargo
Idris Elba as John Luther, Luther
Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock: His Last Vow
Mark Ruffalo as Ned Weeks, The Normal Heart

OUTSTANDING VARIETY SERIES

Jimmy Kimmel Live
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

OUTSTANDING TELEVISION MOVIE

Killing Kennedy
Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight
Sherlock: His Last Vow
The Normal Heart
The Trip To Bountiful

vid87

May 17, 2010
In all my years I never believed I'd see the day where Ninja Turtles was nominated for anything.

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
I will say, theres some damn good shows now.

Gotta go Daily Show for everything it is nominated in, but outstanding drama series is a tough one for me as I love all those shows (minus downton abbey cause I haven't watched it yet).

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
vid87 said:
In all my years I never believed I'd see the day where Ninja Turtles was nominated for anything.
Yeah, that was shocking.

I'm not a huge fan of the newest iteration of the Turtles, however, so I'd prefer Bob's Burgers get the nomination.

Milten

Oct 4, 2013
webkilla said:
no nomination to the guy who plays the dwarf in Game of Thrones? For shame
He got one, just as supptoring actor. Lena Headey (Cersei), too

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
No offense to anyone, but who still watches the Emmys? Who still watches any award program anymore for that matter?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Wait wait wait wait??.

Why the hell Tatiana Maslany not nominated ? She plays the main character and pretty much the whole cast...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
!?

Robot Chicken's back!?

I must be really out of the loop, I thought they ended at season 4 to do a power rangers type show.

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Why am I not surprised that Rick & Morty wasn't nominated for animated program. Also, I guess Last Week Tonight with John Oliver didn't start airing until a couple months ago, but it damn well deserves to win for variety program next year. However, the Emmys are bullshit that gives awards to the Big Bang Theory so who cares.

E: 100 YEARS RICK & MORTY!!!! FOREVER & EVER! WWW.RICK&MORTY.COM! HUNDRED YEARS!

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Random Argument Man said:
Wait wait wait wait??.

Why the hell Tatiana Maslany not nominated ? She plays the main character and pretty much the whole cast...
I was going to say it's because it's not an American based show... but Sherlock's on there.

And I was going to question Breaking Bad, but it looks like they squeaked in as the series ended in September of 2013..

Capthca: Which trash bag product do I use? Whichever I can carry the most Meth in!!

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I'm glad I'm not having decide who the most outstanding actor is. Look at that list! o_O

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
OitNB is a comedy? Coulda fooled me. I could say the same for Louie, but that's just me not getting it :p

Glad to see Archer up there, even if the fifth season felt the weakest, still love the show to pieces.

I don't know if the TMNT is the one from Nick's 2012 series, but I hope so. It felt like it deserved it for the most part. I was actually pretty fond of it, don't know what happened to it since I haven't watched TV in about a year.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Orange is the New Black is a comedy? I guess I don't think of it like that...

Also where is Bojack Horseman? They probably didn't nominate it because it is too high brow, what with a horse barfing up cotton candy. They just aren't sophisticated enough for that.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
bdcjacko said:
EHKOS said:
OitNB is a comedy? Coulda fooled me. I could say the same for Louie, but that's just me not getting it :p
yeah....I feel like theres some unintentional ghettoising going on here...OITNB is hilarious when its hilarious...but its drama when its drama

being in the same catagory as BBT irks me more than it should

eather way I hope Taylor schilling wins out....she was great (and got thats such a "white" name)

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Uncle Grandpa is nominated for something? What the actual fuck? Are they just throwing darts at currently running cartoons or something?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Vault101 said:
bdcjacko said:
EHKOS said:
yeah....I feel like theres some unintentional ghettoising going on here...OITNB is hilarious when its hilarious...but its drama when its drama

being in the same catagory as BBT irks me more than it should

eather way I hope Taylor schilling wins out....she was great (and got thats such a "white" name)
Yeah, OITNB can be funny, and then again so can Game of Thrones...i guess OITNB while being in a women's prison is more light hearted at the end of the day, thus comedy. While in Game of Thrones everyone dies (spoiler warning) so it must be a drama.