The epic villain music thread:

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I have a feeling I'm going to like this thread if it takes off.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Moonlight sonata, hands down, it just has that, classic evil genius sound and style.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
sms_117b said:
Moonlight sonata, hands down, it just has that, classic evil genius sound and style.
I've always thought of that more as a "Brooding scene" song. It's too subtle and too sad to really fit into what I would consider the definition of 'evil genius' music.

Excellent piece, though.

sms_117b

Oct 4, 2007
Lord_Panzer said:
sms_117b said:
I've always thought of that more as a "Brooding scene" song. It's too subtle and too sad to really fit into what I would consider the definition of 'evil genius' music.

Excellent piece, though.
Naaaaaaaah, imagine. You're master plan is just coming to fruition, your armies are taking down governments one at a time, the world is in despair, chaos across the globe, you're sitting at your "impressive desk" watching the news come in from around the world, moonlight sonata playing in the background, swirling a glass of whiskey knowing full well that nothing can be done to stop you.

Fallswhale

Mar 19, 2009
Kefka's Theme from FF6. Every time you heard it you knew stuff was gettin messed up on an epic level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hqmeDtVEoE

After Sephiroth, Square just hasn't done a villan you want to wring the neck of since.

Sorry if you wanted an origanal theme, but I gotta go with a classic.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Fallswhale said:
Kefka's Theme from FF6. Every time you heard it you knew stuff was gettin messed up on an epic level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hqmeDtVEoE

After Sephiroth, Square just hasn't done a villan you want to wring the neck of since.

Sorry if you wanted an origanal theme, but I gotta go with a classic.
If i was a badguy I would have this theme as well. Perfect bad guy theme that tells the innocent people how fucked they are.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
sms_117b said:
Lord_Panzer said:
sms_117b said:

Excellent piece, though.
Naaaaaaaah, imagine. You're master plan is just coming to fruition, your armies are taking down governments one at a time, the world is in despair, chaos across the globe, you're sitting at your "impressive desk" watching the news come in from around the world, moonlight sonata playing in the background, swirling a glass of whiskey knowing full well that nothing can be done to stop you.
Hmmmm, you make a convincing argument. It certainly would make an excellent "Watching the world burn" theme.

*launches itunes, plays Moonlight Sonata, 1st movement, and purposefully begins to swirl a glass of scotch*

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
Well.... if I'm about to lose I may play the intro to Cigaro by System of a Down.

..."My cock is much bigger than yours!"

Then attack, lose, and slink off to plan again.

If I'm taking my opponent seriously or I don't know I'm going to lose, I'd play something along the lines of ...

....hhhmmmm....

Barbossa is Hungry, from the soundtrack to the first Pirates of the Caribbean.

sms_117b

Oct 4, 2007
Lord_Panzer said:
sms_117b said:
Lord_Panzer said:
sms_117b said:

Excellent piece, though.
Hmmmm, you make a convincing argument. It certainly would make an excellent "Watching the world burn" theme.

*launches itunes, plays Moonlight Sonata, 1st movement, and purposefully begins to swirl a glass of scotch*
Haha, I had a listen after I wrote all that down, closed my eyes and just imagined.

On a side note, awesome avatar.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
<spoiler=Broken Bride III by Ludo><youtube=e6Noawr1N4w&feature=related>If I'm one of those 'End of the world' kinda guys.
Probably starting at around 3:30, the beginning is awesome but that part's better.<spoiler=Zerstoren by Rammstein><youtube=5Wn5TYgCPUo>If I'm the one who kills things for fun.

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
I prefer stuff that's more fast than threatening. As such, my nominations for favorite boss music come to:

#3 Listen to that. That sound you hear is the protagonist desperately scurrying around, trying to formulate a plan of attack against a foe vastly superior to him. It's quick, epic, and it never gives you time to slow down or stop the tension.

#2 Seriously, so very badass. You can see a final boss just going completely batshit insane to this song, flinging around everything in his path in a feral act of destruction aimed at any wannabe hero who drove him past the point of self-control. It is the sound of insanity and adrenaline meeting hand-in-hand as they combine to form a new meaning to the word "demolition."

#1 Wow. I can't even stress how awesome this piece here is. One of the most awesome bosses, Bowser, has one of his greatest themes revamped and played at high-speed in rock guitar. The only thing I can see when I hear this is a gigantic demon spider made of stone giving chase to a man on horseback as he navigates the crevices and volcano-covered lands of HELL ITSELF, slowing down as the man inevitably gets trapped and then stopping as the scene fades to black and the dark shadow overtakes the man who can only watch fearingly at the fanged jaws of death. THIS is a boss tune to end all boss tunes- This is a boss tune which has been refined through years of evolution. It well-deserves its number one spot.

I probably would've put Verdi Dies Irae in there somewhere, but so many people have already done that that it seems rather unoriginal now.