The Episode Where Constantine Becomes A Demon King

Fanghawk

New member
Feb 17, 2011
3,861
0
0
The Episode Where Constantine Becomes A Demon King

Constantine finally meets a challenge he can't overcome with his usual seat-of-his-pants strategy.

Read Full Article
 

sid

New member
Jan 22, 2013
180
0
0
Am I the only one who thought Zed was just not up to scratch this episode? Not even plot-wise, her acting was just bad. The part where she tells Anne-Marie what went down last episode felt so flat.
 

Fanghawk

New member
Feb 17, 2011
3,861
0
0
sid said:
Am I the only one who thought Zed was just not up to scratch this episode? Not even plot-wise, her acting was just bad. The part where she tells Anne-Marie what went down last episode felt so flat.
Compared to last episode, yes. But that may just be a consequence of not having enough time to juggle both plots.
 

WarpedLord

New member
Mar 11, 2009
135
0
0
sid said:
Am I the only one who thought Zed was just not up to scratch this episode? Not even plot-wise, her acting was just bad. The part where she tells Anne-Marie what went down last episode felt so flat.
I just wish she would figure out an accent. I always get the feeling that the actress has a heavier accent that she tries to hide, and it just doesn't work.
 

Kenjitsuka

New member
Sep 10, 2009
3,051
0
0
"Out of nowhere, a shapeshifting monster claiming to be the Serpent of the Garden shows up"
No, someone (the nun?) names him as a "Tempter", and I am pretty sure John then replies to add for the audience that it was a Tempter in the Garden of Eden, not Satan/Lucifer. As we all know Satan is never implicated, let alone named to *be* that snake in the Bible, so this is a nice and clever way to use that fact.

I was sad that he did not start to somehow TEMPT the shit out of the others.
Clearly THE Constantine he is sent to kill has some powerful alies (like a nun with a demon slaying blade (single use, sorry!)), but he plans to just knock them about with standard demon strenght. Which Supernatural and every other thing with demons in it ever has worn down to a stump as being any demon's LEAST cool/interesting feature...

So there they missed a cool thing they set up, Tempter showing up and all...

BTW; you should know Pazuzu... He's been the bad guy in all of the fifty billion The Exorcist movies after all :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu
 

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
Apr 6, 2020
4,733
370
88
Country
USA
Kenjitsuka said:
"Out of nowhere, a shapeshifting monster claiming to be the Serpent of the Garden shows up"
No, someone (the nun?) names him as a "Tempter", and I am pretty sure John then replies to add for the audience that it was a Tempter in the Garden of Eden, not Satan/Lucifer. As we all know Satan is never implicated, let alone named to *be* that snake in the Bible, so this is a nice and clever way to use that fact.

I was sad that he did not start to somehow TEMPT the shit out of the others.
Clearly THE Constantine he is sent to kill has some powerful alies (like a nun with a demon slaying blade (single use, sorry!)), but he plans to just knock them about with standard demon strenght. Which Supernatural and every other thing with demons in it ever has worn down to a stump as being any demon's LEAST cool/interesting feature...

So there they missed a cool thing they set up, Tempter showing up and all...

BTW; you should know Pazuzu... He's been the bad guy in all of the fifty billion The Exorcist movies after all :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu
Do you have an opinion about Supernatural the TV show? How does it compare to this?

I find I'm liking this, but getting into the gozillion episodes of Supernatural I'd have to catch up on is intimidating and only worth doing of it really is that great a show.

Here in New England, I found out we have conventions dedicated to that show as if it were Star Trek!

Your thoughts?
 

luvd1

New member
Jan 25, 2010
736
0
0
Kenjitsuka said:
"Out of nowhere, a shapeshifting monster claiming to be the Serpent of the Garden shows up"
No, someone (the nun?) names him as a "Tempter", and I am pretty sure John then replies to add for the audience that it was a Tempter in the Garden of Eden, not Satan/Lucifer. As we all know Satan is never implicated, let alone named to *be* that snake in the Bible, so this is a nice and clever way to use that fact.

I was sad that he did not start to somehow TEMPT the shit out of the others.
Clearly THE Constantine he is sent to kill has some powerful alies (like a nun with a demon slaying blade (single use, sorry!)), but he plans to just knock them about with standard demon strenght. Which Supernatural and every other thing with demons in it ever has worn down to a stump as being any demon's LEAST cool/interesting feature...

So there they missed a cool thing they set up, Tempter showing up and all...

BTW; you should know Pazuzu... He's been the bad guy in all of the fifty billion The Exorcist movies after all :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu
He does like to get about a bit.
 

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
1,815
0
0
Gorfias said:
Do you have an opinion about Supernatural the TV show? How does it compare to this?

I find I'm liking this, but getting into the gozillion episodes of Supernatural I'd have to catch up on is intimidating and only worth doing of it really is that great a show.

Here in New England, I found out we have conventions dedicated to that show as if it were Star Trek!

Your thoughts?
Overall they are very close in tone with Supernatural having a more comedic edge to it. Its also more reliant on how enjoyable you find the 2 leads as its often just them and guest stars for the 1st 2 seasons. I'd say give the first 3 episodes as they do a good job of demonstrating the overall tone and if you enjoy them, stop watching at the end of season 5 as it goes downhill real quick.
 

Godlikebuthumble

New member
Sep 10, 2008
47
0
0
WarpedLord said:
I just wish she would figure out an accent. I always get the feeling that the actress has a heavier accent that she tries to hide, and it just doesn't work.
The accent (his or hers for that matter) bothers me less than her constantly reminding me of Bonny Rotten...
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Plinglebob said:
Gorfias said:
Do you have an opinion about Supernatural the TV show? How does it compare to this?

I find I'm liking this, but getting into the gozillion episodes of Supernatural I'd have to catch up on is intimidating and only worth doing of it really is that great a show.

Here in New England, I found out we have conventions dedicated to that show as if it were Star Trek!

Your thoughts?
Overall they are very close in tone with Supernatural having a more comedic edge to it. Its also more reliant on how enjoyable you find the 2 leads as its often just them and guest stars for the 1st 2 seasons. I'd say give the first 3 episodes as they do a good job of demonstrating the overall tone and if you enjoy them, stop watching at the end of season 5 as it goes downhill real quick.
True. I bailed at the end of last season because they looked like they had no idea what they were doing, and I had no idea who to root for. By then I heard of Constantine getting his own live-action series, and that's where I go for my supernatural fix. I try to watch it when it's on live so it somehow tells NBC, "Hey! People are watching this! Keep paying for it to make more!"