The Escapist Avatar Adventure: An Open RP (Now Re-Opened!)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
The Escapist Avatar Adventures
The Rising Dawn Airship: Recreation Room
Nina | Phillip | Rugal Bernstein | Caim & Angelus | Dolores & Kyuubey | Rising Dawn Staff |
[hr]

"Ah yes, Ms. Zaczoltski. Rugal Bernstein, I believe we've met before. Glad you could join us." Rugal kindly remarked as he shook Nina's hand.
Well, shake mightn't be the best term to use, seeing how his hand encased hers entirely, the only thing stopping him from crushing everything above the wrist was his manners.
"I do hope you enjoy yoursel-...Hm?" He was about to go though one of several pre-written greetings he had drilled into his head during his criminal endeavors, only to pause when he realized that the host of the party seemed to have dozed off.
"...Pardon me a moment." He remarked as he gently spurred Dolores awake, though his concern only grew when she seemed to have a hard time either remembering or just saying her name.
Even as Molly made her presence known, he kept his attention on Dolores and especially on Kyuubey, noting the somewhat "Off" interactions between the woman and her pet(?) who was now talking about quantum mechanics of all things. ("Because that's a great ice-breaker...")
"Lieutenant...I have to ask, are you certain you are well? I don't mean offense or anything. Just you seem a bit...zoned out for a moment there. Might I get you a water? Perhaps some food?" He then suggested, doing a pretty good job of using concern as a means to an end.

As he flagged down a waiter, he noticed Caim making his way towards him, slipping back into "Meet and Greet" mode as he joked "Ah, Mr. Caerleon. Saw you from a mile away, perhaps next time you could wear some armor with that all that polish, eh?"
Of course, while his mouth was moving and words were coming out, it was far from the message he was trying to get to Caim as he made use of the rings.
"Act natural. Don't let on that we are communicating like this. Something is rather strange with Dolores. I believe that it might be connected to what happened earlier. I don't know anything for certain yet, just be careful and play along. Nearly everyone on the ship is here. Might as well make the most of it for our investigation-"
"-Ahh, but I ramble. Now, I trust you know the Lieutenant?..." He said as he made the introductions, masking his intent and actions flawlessly.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]
Rising Dawn: Hallways

David West | Laeta | Nadalia | [color=15650D]Ton Ton[/color] | Cadolbolg
[hr]

"...This day, just-...this fucking day man..."

Being honest, I'm not really talented enough to write the sheer confusion David felt right now.
So many people getting him to do stuff, go here, shoot that.
While that came naturally to him as a solider, he didn't really have a great answer when he was asked why he did what he did.
It was then that he began to make his case, rather aggressively to Laeta.
"Hey, Kid! Back off! Listen...I don't know if you've been living under a rock or some-shit but some real "Stranger Things" type shit is happening around here. And-and I'm not talking about Katya screwing with the simulator or whatever the hell Wanderer did after dark that shack of his. We're talking REALLY messed up, Lovecraftian shit. Did you not see me running around like a mad-man earlier? And I'm sorry, I really am. But if what he there said is true, that was needed to help unfuck the situation. I don't know what it was, but this is just how things are sometimes. I signed up to protect people, to put up with this shit so they don't have to. Was it the right call? I believe so and if it isn't I'll live with that. Now get off my back, I think we have much bigger problems at the moment."

Turning back to Nadalia, Ton Ton and Cadolbolg, he then explained "The-...Black-thingy over here was chasing that creature, I asked what was going on and apparently, that creature has something to do what the hell is going on here. He said it was a threat so I took care of it. So yeah...Did what I had to...Wasn't fun, wasn't enjoyable...So...can we go off? Nadalia, you understand, right? Back me up here?"
While it wasn't the best defense ever, fate seemed to throw him a bone when everyone's attention turned to the vents.
"Ahhh-...Here, don't go asking me to pull that shit again, alright? Can't we get that killer robot Teri and Dimitri adopted to take care of this? Don't care if you got an air-tight reason, West's out. He's on break. Got it?!" He barked at Blackharte, not really in the mood for another Old Yeller moment.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
The Escapist Avatar Adventures | The Rising Dawn | Recreation Room
"What a swanky party. Would be a shame if someone were to crash it."
B.C. | Mio | Nina & Phillip | Rugal | Caim & Angelus | Dolores and Kyuubey | Others​
[hr]

For someone who was rarely, if ever, invited to parties, B.C. was more than aware of how important presentation was in regards to them. Not just looking appropriate--or inappropriate depending on one's aims--for the party in question, but one's entrance. So when both B.C. and Mio strode into the recreation ballroom, she had to admit that despite the fierce competition in terms of who looked the best among the guests, she and her "date" Mio definitely weren't wanting for style.

She gave a slightly edged smile to everyone else in the room while she was hooked arm-in-arm with the Pirate Captain, clad in a dress that would've been the envy of any old-fashioned pirate wench. A low-cut crimson blouse that showed off just a little too much cleavage, a black leather corset, an earthy brown ruffled skirt, red sash around the waist, finished off with a pair of high-heeled leather boots. Her hair was even loosely braided, and she took the opportunity to put on some minimal makeup. After all, why mess too much with natural beauty?

All-in-all, she was rather proud of the whole getup. It hadn't taken much work to put together, since all she needed to do was break into a few of the private rooms and raid their wardrobes. Really, she was expecting most of what she found to be examples of poor taste, but was pleasantly surprised by the offerings they had.

"Well, I can say I recognize a few faces, but not many. So, what do you say, Cap'n? Why don't we check out the bar first? Then we can schmooze, maybe make some new 'friends'." the Convict suggested with a sly, mischievous smile.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
"One Chubby Bunny, Two Chubby Bunny, Three CHUBBY BUNNY!"
B.C. | Mio | Nina & Phillip | Rugal | Caim & Angelus | Dolores and Kyuubey | Others​
[hr]

"Not to worry, I know yesterday was a pretty busy event for us all, and today hasn't been much tamer. Lack of sleep, frayed nerves and, and well... if I'm being honest some boring background music; I can't blame you for nodding off at bit." Nina mused to the Lietenant. A crack smile briefly appeared upon Nina's face as she looked over Dolores more, turning to her many limbed companion remarking. "Heh, ya there are quite a few similarities huh?.. Hey not like that!" She then added abruptly patting her hand across the front of Phillip's form, shooing the unheard comments away. None the less, Nina mirrored Dolores' false smile with a genuine one of her own as the woman chatted about the endearing quest for pet ownership. "Ya I get that. Someone being there after a long day of whatever, good or bad, with a waiting ear to listen to your stories regardless of how it went. And you know, a nice lap warmer for the winter months~"

Oddly Kyuubey's introduction was met with little fanfare from both, but moreso Nina. Despite the clear concise greeting, she appeared to be largely ignored by her. No smile, nod or wave even, like the alien horror's words failed to connect. Phillip by contrast may not have answered in similar means, but Kyuubey would feel the brief weigh of Phillip's presence upon him. It was not as cold shouldered as a simple glance or a momentary head tilt, but the feeling of 'I acknowledge you' would linger in the cat's form.

Likewise as Angelus made her visual sweep of the patrons present currently, she too would feel a similar effect. A shiver would run down the back of her neck as the hairs stood straight, even at this distance Phillip was aware of her analysing him to some degree. It wasn't a feeling of hostility, curiosity or peeked interest; it was just there. It persisted well after his focus shifted elsewhere, diminishing down to a distant whisper in the back of her mind. 'It's still over there', 'That thing, it's still there', '...hi... [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fo5zbSdxw]' the voice, her voice, informed her like some sick iteration of Navi. Given all this, there was one last thing that would cross Angelus' mind, this wasn't the first time she'd seen Phillip in that hat. No this was the second time much like it was the second time she's seen him as well, and likewise the second time she'd seen Nina. Although that meant little at first glance, it might help disprove Nina's attire now was simply a matter of comfort.

Back to growing group, Nina was taken aback at the sheer size disparagy between her and Rugal. To say she was relieved Rugal showed restraint not to simply crush her hand in his titanic grasp was an understatement. "Uh, ya we have haven't we. I was a bit... peeved then. But of course I'm here, I got an invitation to come after all." Nina stated, patting at her pockets as she quickly realized. "I forgot the invitation didn't I..? Ya, I forgot it... Well it was from this one weirdo named-"

"Oh! I'm Dolo..." The woman spoke up, realizing she was the last to introduce herself proper. 'Oh shoot she hasn't introduced herself yet, shit that'd kinda a dick move on my-' "My name is Dolo..." "Well it's uh-" "My name is Dolores." 'Oh hey, that's neat she has the same name as that Lieu-' "My name is Dolores Selmy," 'Uh oh...' "Lieutenant Dolores Selmy, of the 263rd support squadron." In the span of a few moments, Nina had gone from fairly content to total disaster control paranoia. THIS was Lieutenant Dolores!? Just how many times had she unknowningly put her foot in her mouth already? Having never seen her before, not knowing her was one thing, insulting her musical choices, calling her flat, and a weirdo was another thing entirely! 'Oh fuck! Oh fuck!! What do I do!? This is a nightmare! With all these wackos I would have thought their Lieutenant would be, well... [https://static.zerochan.net/Mankanshoku.Mako.full.1702017.jpg], something not like her! She's so plain and yet I'm so fucking boned!!' Her only saving grace being the concerned Rugal drawing Dolores' attention away from her, but for how long?

Like an angel from the heavens to answer her prayers, Molly appeared and with that an out! It was odd she didn't recognize her, Molly had been the one to help get Nina back to her place to get their things after all. Nina had touched herself up with some nice makeup but that couldn't possibly be the reason. Regardless, she suited her purpose of keeping Dolores' attention while Rugal began chatting with a very spiffy Caim. A knight in shining armour, it was almost laughable just how literal Caim was taking that trope. "Heh, but Molly, we've already met. You're looking good." Nina replied back to Molly, still trying to think of a way out of this pickle. At least nothing else could go wrong or screwy right?

"It is quite strange though, for so many people to be able to see me," Kyuubey shook its head, looking at Phillip, "It's very strange. The level of karmic gravity of the people on this ship is easily two hundred to three hundred times the normal amount. The only time I've seen this before was a result of consistent use of temporal manipulation techniques."

".̶̨͖̥̮̟̤̮͑̃̓̇͐̿̇͑́͠.͕̙̻͈̙͐̓͊̽̔͂͊͟͞.̵̧͎͇̰̪̘̿͛͗̐̈́̀Í̷̛̬͇͍̪̙̘͑̇͗̃̇͋̇͘ s̸̨̛̭̜̦̪̥̪͆́̿͛̏͞ŭ̶͈͓̞̙̜̫͓̀̀̎̊̀̌̍̇͝.̴̛̥̟̩̭͙͔͙̄̆͂͑̾̑̿͢p̵̣̙̭̤͑̎͐̍́͜͝͝ớ̡̥̯̻̣͕̭̖͔̈̿̀͛́͛̽.̩̼̤̭̠͔̖̺̉̿̄̉͘͢͜͞ĕ̦̟̪̱̪̱̰͇̮̭̒͛̑͆̂.̸̲͚̦̓̃͑̽͐̉̕͟͢.̛͈̱̼̗̝͂͛̽͂̉̆͊͝͠.̹͈̖͍̝̝͑̀͛̋̚s̸̨̹̭̹̘͈̅̂͐̔͐̽̃͂͜͡.̗͉̤̙̖͊̊̎̑̓̽̋̇͘ȍ̶̗̥̻̝̣͖̊̉̄͌̏̊͆̃͢͢ͅͅ.̴̧͓͎̰̣͉̭͕͂͋͌̾̈́.̗̜̦͉͙͓̫̱͓̼͑̂̅͐͑͐̚.͉͉̬̯͑̄͌̂̀̎͟͝"

A voice answered back through the void, a fair chunk lost in transition, but Kyuubey alone would still pick up the remnants none the less. Because he wasn't eldritch nor corrupted by any real means, so the fact he managed to pick up on anything was telling of just how alien that furball was. This also caught Nina off guard as Phillip hadn't apparently answered anyone around them, which was odd since Phillip was a noodle monster of few words most of the time. Why would he agree with someone with the mildest of interest when no one had asked him anything? But she wouldn't have much time to dwell on it as finally, FINALLY I SAY, an out finally arrived! "Now where did John get off too. I swear he was with me when we got here." "OH! I could go and have a look for him! Couldn't be that hard to find, and I could even get some water for Dolores at the same time!" She cut in, not allowing someone else to ruin this perfect opportunity as she walked passed Caim and gave him a wave.

Once she was finally at the food counters she let out a deep groan. "This is prom all over again I swear. 'cuse me, waiter? Can I get a glass of water, a nice mixed drink of whatever, and a plate of some finger foods." She requested. "And lay off that stardust junk, it's bad for you apparently!" She added, unsure if Dolores was particularily picky on anything. "So, who was that you were talking to just now?""And who's Kyuubey?""Wait, the cat? The cat talks!? Since when!?""Oooooh... That explains why that voice was more coherent... Well, let's sit tight here for a bit. We can look for John, look for that butthole that ruined my dress, and think of some way to apologize to the Lieutenant for us being idiots.""Yes, us! You called her flat as a board! Ugh, just... act cool, and we'll make this work. All is not lost, I hope."

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
[[Side Story]]

[hr]
Rebellion
Code:
lucifer's story
[hr]

"You want something done right, do it yourself."

Luke silently took all of this, even helping himself to another cup of the sweet tea as Teresa told the whole story, and when she finally finished, he set the cup down on it's saucer and took a deep breath, allowing everything to mull over for a moment. This was, to be quite frank, very ridiculous, and he couldn't hide his exasperation as he spoke,

[color=eca222]"So you mean to tell me, all of this is happening because of a family feud? Not to sound rude, but I will admit I feel a bit put out."[/color]

He sighed and crossed his arms, [color=eca222]"I'll tell you this much, since you were pretty frank with me - my ability to world travel is because I'm a little higher up on the scale in terms of 'being'. I'm not a god, or whatever your sisters are, but it's my job to be a balancing agent in the world I live in, so to speak. I don't generally interfere with the lives of mortals[/color][footnote]A half truth at best, but our dear Devil can't just out himself as *the Devil*.[/footnote][color=eca222], and if something of a colossal and potentially world-ending scale like this happens, I'm supposed to take care of it. After seeing the leyline doing what they did, as well as learning about your sisters? It's officially my jurisdiction. But... Venia in particular complicates things. To be frank, I can't handle her, and I was trying to get one of the stronger deities in charge of that world to take care of the issue. And trust me, She's powerful - easily on par with your Dad. The problem being, every time I try to jump for Her realm, I kept getting shunted elsewhere, like Blackharte's darkness, or Venia's Prison. It's pretty infuriating, and more than a little concerning. She should have been able to punch through this already, or Alice's obfuscation of the situation is enough to where even She can't see."[/color]

Holding up one of his hands, Luke began to count on his fingers the number of factors to deal with, [color=eca222]"So with all this in mind, we have, A) the aforementioned Venia is on the warpath, destroying everything in sight, and currently pointing towards the world of myself and my associates - even if it is a copy at this point, I can't stop her, and I can't get my outside help. B) Someone named Alice decided to mess around with the metaphysics because she was holding a temper tantrum, and C) the two parties who were trying to fix everything attacked each other and in doing so, canceled each other out. Which leaves D) a whole mess for me to try and clean up, and I don't even know if I can at this point. So I hope you understand, I'm more than a little bit of a pickle here."[/color]

Luke frowned after listing off all the facts, his wings adjusting equal parts in agitation and restlessness, [color=eca222]"The way I see it, there's a couple ways I can try to fix this; unless you're willing to help somehow."[/color]

He leaned his head back, holding up a hand again as he began to rattle off some options, [color=eca222]"The first, and probably the least effective, I can try to find my divine contact again. Usually getting to Her isn't so difficult, but lately something's been throwing off my teleportation. The second, and probably the most dangerous, I go back to my homeworld, tell everyone's what's going on and we try to mount an offensive against Venia and Alice, hopefully getting Blackharte on our side in the process. How effective that'll be? Hard to say, and the evidence hasn't been proving to be positive. Third, which is more like 2a, I do the same as the former, only we try to bring back Balance. If she can focus on Alice, I can try to convince Blackharte to turn his attentions back to Venia. Both parties are dealt with, or at least shunted, we try to figure Alice's world copying shenanigans, everyone goes home. Fourth?"[/color]

Luke's head balanced itself back upright, tilting ever so slightly as he acknowledged her, [color=eca222]"I don't have one right now... You got any better ideas? I can't just sit here and drink tea all day."[/color]

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
[[Side Story]]

[hr]
Rebellion
Code:
lucifer's story
[hr]

"Nnaaaaaaaaa~"

Teresa stared off into the middle distance. Her hands danced over her cup of tea. Her fingertips played with the steam rising off of the amber liquid. The steam ebbed and flowed until they became small droplets of water floating just inches from Teresa's fingertips. She placed her other hand on her chin as if in thought.

"I have seen what the Rising Dawn is capable of, and I must say," she turned to look at Luke. Her eyes were so vibrantly red that they seemed to glow. "All of you combined don't stand a chance against Venia, much less Alice. I think it would be best if you stayed here with me. My world is safe from both the meddling of my sisters and the passage of time." Splashed the droplets back into her cup, "Besides, with Venia gumming up the aetherspace, you're not going to be able to jump anywhere accurately much less breach BlackHarte's barrier."

Luke only crossed his arms at this assessment, a frown forming on his face as he answered, [color=eca222]"Well, I wouldn't say that's entirely true. Venia herself asked me how I punched through the barrier when we first met on that plane of clouds. Additionally, If what you say is true about her strength, then it seems to me I've more reason to find the entity I spoke of; even if I have to make the jump a thousand times to find Her. I won't sit by and let that brat destroy everything."[/color]

Teresa rolled her eyes, "BlackHarte?s barrier is one way. Things can come out, but not go in. Otherwise he wouldn?t be able to watch what was going on."

[color=eca222]"That's the thing, though, isn't it? I need to keep going out to find Her."[/color]

"And what are you going to do once you find your patron? Wage holy war upon Venia?"

[color=eca222]"If it comes to it, yes. Best case scenario, Venia is simply locked up in a little pocket like this one. Should that prove insufficient..."[/color]

"You'll destroy her?"

[color=eca222]"Perhaps. It's not like she's given us much choice to the contrary." [/color]

"You?ve fought her, can you honestly tell me that something as alien as her is capable of dying?"

Luke simply shrugged, [color=eca222]"Maybe, maybe not. If she can't die, then I'll work on sealing her. If she cannot be sealed, I'll try to split her up somehow. And if that doesn't work... I don't know. But I'll cross that bridge should I get there."[/color]

Teresa paused, looking once again out into the middle distance, at how empty the library around them was, "And if you do defeat her, what of the countless number that she has dissolved within herself? Is it a mercy to strip them of their paradise?"

[color=eca222]"Do you consider oblivion 'paradise'?"[/color]

"Of all the players in my world that were consumed by Venia in her passing, I would struggle to convince myself that any one did not willingly join her embrace." Teresa shook her head, "I do not know what it is like within her mercy, but it is not so cleanly adversarial as I would like."

The winged man shook his head, [color=eca222]"They're already gone. The spectres she made were simply that - ephemeral, unreal. Illusions in the shape of those who passed. I briefly touched her Mercy - it felt like I was being drained into nothing, gound into a powder for the ashes to be spread to the winds. They're gone, Teresa. No matter what we do, they cannot come back, and they do not perceive as we do. We can do nothing for them."[/color]

"You speak with such certainty that it almost borders on hubris. Erika?s world was spiteful and bitter, for that is her way. When Venia passes by my world, I can still feel them, scattered but there." "They are not wholly gone, for death is not truly Venus?s way. No, I refuse to believe it to be so."
"To do that would mean that I have waited for my players to return for such time in vain."

The Fallen one drew pause at that comment, and contemplated the thought. If they were truly alive, how did they manage it? With a sigh, he let his head hang as he spoke, [color=eca222]"Well, I know I can't save their souls. It's not in my power. The Boss might be able to, but at best that's a gamble. I don't know how she'd do it, but salvation was always Her gig."[/color]

With a tired laugh he added, [color=eca222]"Though, I did think of something really stupid just now. You think of those souls could tear her from the inside out?"[/color]

Teresa laughed sadly, "If only it was that easy, right? It's a nice trope."

[color=eca222]"Tropes have root in something. The hero is swallowed by the dragon and cuts its way out of the beast's stomach."[/color]
He shuffled in his seat and leaned more towards the fire, [color=eca222]"So maybe I can't get to the Boss. Maybe you're right about Blackharte's barrier. If that were the case, I'd hit the point where I'd be willing to try just about anything."[/color]

"Even with all of our navel gazing, we still don't truly know what Venia is, let alone if we can defeat her," Teresa shrugged, ?Maybe we?re the bad guys this time. Who knows."

[color=eca222]"Wouldn't be the first time I'd be called that. If that was the price to pay, I'll take it gladly."[/color]
[color=eca222]"But, at the same time",[/color] the winged man stood up, cracked his neck and stretched his arms up towards the ceiling, [color=eca222]"Ruminating over the possibilities isn't going to get anything done. I don't know about you, but I'm going to try and find The Boss again. Thank you for the tea."[/color]

"Well you won't be able to leave without my blessing, unlike BlackHarte?s, my barrier is not one way."

[color=eca222]"Are you planning on stopping me?"[/color]

"I'm not going to just let you wander off and die, if that's what you mean."

[color=eca222]"Whether or not I die, that's my decision to make,"[/color] he paused, his mind flitting to more intimate matters before he started again, playing off the hesitance as another moment of stretching, [color=eca222]"I would prefer not to die, but at the same time, there are those I'd prefer to keep alive, or at bare minimum, whole. I know I've talked about my job at length, but I'll admit the personal stake does help me to keep going on this goose chase."[/color]

Teresa rose from her seat with as much gravitas as she could muster. Her eyes glistened in the dim light of fluttering butterflies as she spoke, "Wouldn't your patron be sad if you died? It's better if you just stay here, with me." She paused, lips pursed and eyes cast down. Luke couldn't see well in the dimness, but she definitely felt like she was crying. "I know that if one of my sons ran off trying save the lives of all his friends and died, I would be sad. I wouldn't care that it was his job, or that it was his choice or that he died happy. All I would know is that someone I care about would never be here."

Luke only shook his head somberly at Teresa's plea, stepped forward, and gently patted her on the head in an almost fatherly manner, [color=eca222]"I'm sorry Teresa, but that's not how it works. Sitting back and letting terrible happen is sometimes just as bad as committing the crime yourself. And while it may be subject to debate whether or not Venia is truly evil - I can't stand here and do nothing. My very being demands for me to fight against it. I act on behalf of the Freedom of Choice, and she is my antithesis by making the choice for others. I have to leave. Please, let me through the barrier."[/color]

"No!" Teresa's voice came out raw and unfiltered with a volume that surprised even herself. The library froze in time and drained of color. Even the crackling flames of the bonfire held still as stone. "I'm not going to be alone again! No! No! No!" She shook her head violently from side to side, wiping away the tears streaming down her cheeks before they touched the bloody scars on her face. "I'm not going to let Venia take another player! I can't! I won't! It's been so long... so long since someone's visited me. And I can't, don't leave. Stay here, even just for a little while longer. Because if you leave, I know, you'll never come back."

[color=eca222]"Hmn..."[/color] An idea in the Devil's mind, a precarious one, but an idea nonetheless, if Teresa was truly worried about being alone then perhaps he could change his travel plans a little, [color=eca222]"Well, you could come with me, if being lonely is your only objection. Help me get to the Dawn, and I can drop you off with more than enough people for you to talk to."[/color]

Teresa seemed taken aback, "You mean... leave my Labyrinth!?" Her voice was dripping with incredulity, as if Luke has just asked her to do the impossible. "I... I... I never..."

Luke only tilted his head to Teresa in return, and said in a matter of fact tone, [color=eca222]"Never crossed your mind, did it? The bird cannot learn to fly unless it leaves the nest, after all."[/color]

"Of course it crossed my mind, idiot!" she turned away, "It's just that... outside... I'm no more than what I once was. I'm only as strong as I am because I'm in here."

[color=eca222]"Well, I need to go, and you don't want to be alone. Seems like a happy medium to me. Besides,"[/color] He stretched out his hands up to the library, [color=eca222]"Consider this place. It's a library, a place of knowledge. You could spend ages reading every book in here, and you could still learn something new after that. That's the beauty of being alive - the living can always change. You say you will be 'reduced' once you leave the labyrinth. You could learn how to manage yourself outside of it. Or...to put it in a storytelling element, put yourself through a training montage to make up for it."[/color]

"The living can change," Teresa muttered under her breath, "then what of me who has in so many eons not changed at all."

[color=eca222]"Staying around in one place that you control doesn't lend much to changing, does it?"[/color]
He tapped his ear with snide grin, [color=eca222]"You need to be exposed to people other than yourself if you want to become someone different. Or, to borrow from a phrase, 'no man is an island'. Rather, they're more like archipelagos, fragments of memories, and people brought together in one chain. If all you were doing was sitting here for others to visit you, it's no surprise you never changed - you didn't put in the effort to start the process."[/color]

"Your metaphors are about as palatable as your smugness," Teresa said bitterly. "has your patron never taught you the niceties required when you're talking to a girl?" She turned and looked out at her library, her home, her creation. Even full of all manners of creatures of her design, guardians of her molding, servants of her desires, it felt hollow and empty without her players. "You should have hugged me and told me to trust you, that when I left I would see that the world you're fighting for, the people you're saving, are worth the sacrifice. You should have told me that I would make new friends, new family, and then once this is all over I could bring them back here."

[color=eca222]"Can't be too nice when you were threatening to make me your hostage. Besides, you'll see it for yourself soon enough."[/color]

She tilted her head back as far as it could go and cast a sidelong glance at Luke, "You are as arrogant as you are tactless." she smiled "well, at least you never forgot who you were actually talking to. I guess you're not one that's much into moe." Teresa shrugged and held out her hand, "I'll join you on your journey to find your patron, but I cannot follow you back to your world. That path is one that even I cannot take."

[color=eca222]"Well, I was originally planning to drop you off at my world, but if you really can't go, I'll make do."[/color] He took her hand and was about to ready the magics when a question struck him, breaking his concentration [color=eca222]"What on earth is moe?"[/color]

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
[hr]

[hr]

Between David trying to patch things up, Laeta's anger, and the black thing only trying to reassure her, Cadolbolg's attention was still towards the ventilation system. Taking a quick look at his pact partner, Cadolbolg said in a matter-of-fact manner, "You're better at the talking thing - you can handle this. I'm gonna follow that weird scent in the vents."
He took another sniff of the strange bloodless corpse to get a good idea of what the scent was, and then flew up to the vents, his little claws and tail making short work of the grating....and would probably be put towards another repair bill. Nonetheless, the turtle-dragon child was able to skuttle his way in - following in hot pursuit of the strange scent he caught earlier....

Back with the group below the vent; Ton Ton more than a little conflicted about the whole scenario, especially with a crying young lady in front of them. However, as uncomfortable as the thought made him feel - she was right in a way. They had no idea what the hole-ridden thing was, and if the advice of a third party declared it to be a threat then... What was there to be done? The Rising Dawn knew who he was, the Dawn knew who Cadolbolg was, their motivations, their powers. This... thing, on the ground... They knew nothing of it.

Thinking this all over, he looked back to Laeta, and sighed. She looked so young, and her heart really was in the right place. How could he blame her for being so angry? Even if the creature David shot was an enemy, it did a darn good job masquerading as something innocent. It almost reminded him of the Mistress - as much as she played fantasy video games (including the ones she drew inspiration for Ton Ton from), The Mistress never enjoyed anyone actually getting hurt - especially if it was something that could talk back. "You're not the mean Tonberries", the Mistress often told him, "You're one of the nice ones, and you wouldn't fight against the good guys! You'd talk things out first." Ton Ton mulled over the conflicting thoughts in his mind once more, before he willed his Daemon-Fighting equipment away, then stepped forward to speak;

[color=15650D]"I'll admit, I'm a little biased here. We came in late, and David says that black creature there told him to do what he did. I trust David, because he is a man of integrity; even in tough situations...Even in situations like now. From what I'm seeing, this creature here,"[/color] He indicated to the shifting mass of black, [color=15650D]"It seems well disposed to you, and means nothing but your safety in mind. Because of that, I can't but think of enemies I've encountered in this world and my homeland.

I've seen many terrible and strange creatures; beings that preyed on kind and gentle hearts like yours. In my homeland, myself and my comrades would work together to protect those kinds of people; kind, and gentle souls, some of which were much younger than you. The creatures that preyed upon them would work insidiously, either attacking while our charges had their backs turned, or preying on them in their dreams. Sometimes, to pull us away, those creatures would pretend to be something friendly, and would strike before it was too late; leaving our charge exposed.[/color]

[color=15650D]Because of this experience, I... have my doubts about the legitimacy of that white creature's intentions towards you. Of course, I haven't heard it speak, but I can't help but wonder... If your guardian was so agitated by it, then perhaps it wasn't as kind or innocent as it appeared."[/color]

He took a step towards the upset girl, his little arms clasped closely to his chest, [color=15650D]"I'm sorry you had to see what you did, but sometimes our work isn't happy, and sometimes the results look, well, terrible. But please understand, we do this sort of thing so kind people like you don't have to. That all said, it's not much but,"[/color] he opened arms wide and offered what any (former) stuffed animal would, [color=15650D]"I know hugs are very helpful during stressful situations."[/color]

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
[[Main Scenario]]

[hr]
Glimmer of Hope
Code:
titania's story
[hr]

"A daughter's duty is to herself, not you."

Laeta threw her arms around Ton Ton and picked him up. Her head was filled with erratic thoughts as she squeezed the Tonberry. She was so frustrated, she rocked side to side. Slowly Laeta brought Ton Ton under her chin and rest her head against his smooth round dome of a face. She smothered the poor thing in herself but couldn't shake the uneasy feeling she had both in her stomach and her heart.

BlackHarte hovered awkwardly some distance away. His body shifted back and forth on the floor in the same tempo as Laeta's bobbing head.

There was silence for quite some time as Laeta mulled over the thoughts in her head. She slouched. Her teeth itched. It was a growing urge, starting from her gums and spread through the rest of her mouth. She felt it in her jaw, in the gaps between her teeth, and dancing on her palette. She put her head against Ton Ton, and clutching him tight, kissed him on the head. She felt the pressure of his skin against her lips and against her teeth. It helped alleviate some of the urges.

But then without thinking she bit down gently on his skin. Unlike humans, he didn't taste slightly of salt. It wasn't much, but the texture was there. She liked it. Laeta chewed a little bit on Ton Ton's skin lightly, and then pulled back. She wondered how good it would feel to have the flesh and blood in her mouth.

She kissed Ton Ton again, lost in the sensations of the small warm creature against her body.

BlackHarte's arm struck Laeta in the middle of her forehead and sent her careening backwards into the wall. Thin black tendrils wrapped themselves around Ton Ton and gently pulled him back toward Nadalia and David. Thick white smoke billowed out of the tendril that touched Laeta. BlackHarte recoiled as if in pain.

"Ah..." Laeta said softly, sitting back up, "I... what happened?" She shook her head and ran her fingers through her long brown hair. "I feel... funny..." Her teeth still itched terribly.

Code:
[b]"I apologize, Mistress Laeta, Master Ton Ton,"[/b]
he cut off the smoking tendril from his body mass and let it sublime into nothingness,
Code:
[b]"If I did not hesitate for so long, I would have stopped things from getting this far."[/b]
Laeta stood up, her legs having knit themselves back together, "What are you talking about?" She was unsteady, her eyes were unfocused, and her gait had a strange sway to it. "I feel... funny."

BlackHarte turned to the others and put himself between them and Laeta,
Code:
[b]"Do not be alarmed. She is not under the influence of anything. This is a natural part of her metabolism."[/b]
He paused.
Code:
[b]"That being said, I would recommend that we all move swiftly in the opposite direction while we discuss the nature of this incident. I am sure that Mistress Laeta will catch up with us once she is more lucid."[/b]
---​

The vents were dark but full of two conflicting scents. One was that linen like smell of the foreigner, the other was the acrid iron of a shifting mass off in the distance. That was at least familiar. As Cadolbolg delved deeper along the winding path of the creature, he found himself in many places.

There were pools of it's scent at access points all over the ship. It had been watching each of the heroes' rooms, it had been watching in the cafeteria, in the training rooms, in the medical bays. It had even been in two of the staff rooms, one of which smelled terribly of a pungent odor not unlike squid and dried fish.

Then finally Cadolbolg tracked it down to the recreation room, where he was assailed with an array of aromas - food, people, perfumes - but most specifically he saw the owner of that light linen smell.

It was sitting comfortable in the lap of a blonde haired girl, waving it's tail back and forth lazily. It cast a glance up at Cadolbolg in the vents. "Are all underdeveloped creatures this nosy? Well, I suppose you are fortunate. That is a good seat to bear witness." Kyuubey turned away, his permanent grin grew. "This is the event of a thousand lifetimes. Quite literally indeed."

---​

Titania rushed through the empty halls of the Rising Dawn, her cloak flapped behind her madly. She had given up all context of being Major la Fey and had evoked enough magic to fly down the halls as fast as she needed to. Her eyes scanned as much as she could. There was nothing here. It was as if all the lines of causality had just upped and vanished.

"Ruby!" Titania called out, stopping at an intersection, "Deborah!"

No answer. She shook her head. Her eyes showed her everything about this world and what she saw was impossibly broken. It was a dollhouse, built haphazardly to house it's tenants temporarily. It should have been easy then to pinpoint those two. They should be shining like stars in the night sky, pieces of real causality in a world of dead and fake projections.

But they weren't. Almost nobody did.

BlackHarte was tailing her some steps behind. She could see his writhing mass of a body moving inside of the metal walls of the ship. He too had lost much of his causality. A being of his stature should be brilliant gold, almost blinding to see, but he only glimmered a dull orange in the cold landscape.

Titania stopped and turned around to face him. He made no attempt to hide himself.

He appeared, holding a gnarled wooden staff and robed in ornate white. He was not smiling, nor did he have the same air of confidence about him. The monster standing before Titania was not so much a monster anymore.

"That's not the usual avatar, BlackHarte," Titania mocked.

No, he answered. He was inside her head.

How annoying.

He was silent. Then he spoke, catching Titania completely off guard, "Ruby has been excised."

"What do you mean?" Titania growled, "and why are you speaking? Aren't you a telepath?"

"I am nothing so crude. I am reason, I am Solomon," he said impassively. He bowed his head, "This is not the first time we have met, but this is the first time we have acknowledged one another."

"Right," Titania returned his polite bow. "You want to explain what is happening? Where's Ruby, and where is Deborah? In fact, why don't you also tell me why there's no strings of causality anywhere on this ship right now?"

Solomon looked at Titania. His eyes were tired and sad, but he spoke with the same firm apathy as before, "I have asked Naamah to shelter them for the time being. They are safe, as is the rest of this continuity, at least what we could salvage."

"You sound like you're preparing for the end of the goddamn world."

"Something to that nature. The future is uncertain, even to us now. We are taking precautions. Those who are not entangled here have been excised and protected. Those who could not be have had snapshots created of their karmic destinies."

"And your main body is in the safe room? Is that why your power is so underwhelming right now?"

"That is correct." Solomon turned to look behind him as if he was watching someone invisible speak. Then he turned back to Titania, "For those that are like us and have the Eyes to witness, I have been moving to gather and bring into Naamah's sepulcher. It is safe there from the unraveling of causality."

Titania glared at him with suspicion, "Why are you being so upfront about all of this? Isn't it more your style to be cryptic and difficult? Or to do things without asking and explain after you've done what you needed to do?"

"You, like us, are gifted with the blessing of true agency, as is with several others on this ship. Those who are blessed have retained their karmic destinies even until now. In this way we cannot subordinate their character with our own power." He held out his hand, "We require the permission of that one to do so."

"It really is like the end of the fucking world." She put her hand in his.

"It will be so in fifteen minutes."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]

[hr]

...Well, that just fucking happened. David remarked as he watched the-..."Exchange" Laeta Ton Ton and Blackharte unfold.
"...Did-...did she just try to fucking eat him?...What the shite?" He then asked out-loud, glancing over to the others as if to say "I wasn't the only one who saw that, right?".
Still, he was glad to be out of that PR Nightmare, while it wasn't quite "Shooting a Reporter in the face at a Press Conference" bad, it wasn't exactly enjoyable either way.

"Thanks Ton, Promise I'll make it up to you, and her, if I can help it." He sighed before Blackharte started talking about why exactly this meeting of theirs occurred.
"Alright, might want to give the lady some air [sub]And put a bit of distance between us and that mouth of hers.[/sub]" He lightly jabbed as him and the gang began to leave the woman behind.
"Alright, so recap: Vihaan asked me to fiddle with a computer in the lower levels, something exploded, I got the entire HR database smashed into my skull, then you asked me to shoot the little animal thingy. Now, this is the part where you explain something and everything that happened in the last few hours makes sense. So, from the top, like you are explaining it to a small child. Blackharte: What the hell is going on? Answers, now, all over my face. Do it." He then rambled as he pulled out his flask, about to top up his blood alcohol supply only to find it empty.

"...Second item on the agenda: More booze."

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
[[Main Scenario]]

[hr]
Glimmer of Hope
Code:
titania's story
[hr]

"A daughter's duty is to herself, not you."

Niflheim cocked his head as they ran away from Laeta, who followed them at a haphazard pace.
Code:
"You would ask such a thing of me, Mr. West?"
He placed his eyes forward as he wrapped his arms around Ton Ton to gently speed the Tonberry along. Niflheim thought silently to himself for a brief moment before speaking again.

His voice was not so calm and resolute as it usually was.
Code:
"It is strange, since I was about to ask you the same thing. What is happening, Mr. West?"
"Hey guys... wait up. You guys are moving way to fast."

Niflheim urged the rest of the party to hasten.

"Do you guys not feel this at all? It's... oh my head... it's everywhere, so thick. This fog. What's happening? It's really hot and really humid. Are any of you feeling this?"

Code:
"David West,"
Niflheim said,
Code:
"I want you to put down your flask and for once in your life to [i]think[/i]. What did that machine imprint on you? What have you been able to see now that you've inherited Causality?"
He slapped David on the back of the head.

Code:
"Is this 'HR Database' of yours really all it is? Or is that stupid monkey brain of yours only processing it on a surface level? [i]Think[/i] you unlucky idiot. Stop acting like I have all of the answers to everything. I'm only a little deeper in this bloody mess than you are."
Niflheim drew himself to his full intimidating height,
Code:
[b]"You like to perpetuate the idea that you are the layman in this group, but you have gotten far too complacent in your charade. You now always expect others who are more powerful than you, smarter than you, to sort out your troubles. You used to contribute nothing because you had nothing to contribute."[/b]
Niflheim made a low growling noise as he looked over his shoulder,
Code:
"But now that you do have something of use, you have grown too dependent to use it to help the rest of us. All you know how to do are shoot, cry, drink, and crack unfunny jokes."
Code:
"David West, you are a hero. It's time to start acting like one."

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
[[Side Story]]

[hr]
Rebellion
Code:
lucifer's story
[hr]

[color=eca222]"What is this 'naa' business? Sounds like a bad cat impression."[/color]

In spite of that little... Slip-up, with the "mo-ay" business, Luke was ready to try again. Teleportation was always a bit more of a pain when it was more than yourself. By one's own lonesome, it was as simple of thinking of yourself in one place, than another. With a passenger, you had to consider that your tag-along didn't lose any organs or limbs along the way; and in the interests of mitigating that, some extra chanting was required.

Refocusing on his task at hand, Luke closed his eyes and held a hand in the air as the strains of Celestial filled the space around them, seeming to whisper from all angles. He focused his jump on his old home - a home where She reigned supreme -

"I know this is a heavy burden to bear, but you are the only one I entrust with this task. Will you do this for me?"

[color=eca222]"Of course. It had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong."[/color]
A place where he was not welcome to again.

With the last syllable whispered, in one moment the pair was - in another they were not.

There was turbulence, terrible and frightening. Once again, the space between the planes was in tulmutuous chaos. But as they left the sphere of influence of the monstrosity called Venia, they crossed another consciousness - one familiar to Luke at least. She cast a side-long glance as they passed, and held her old oaken staff close to small body. "Be careful, the world you left no longer the same is."

Within the same instant she had appeared, Naamah dissappeared.

Then they were there. But something was off. Luke knew that the strangeness had only lasted for at most two days, but here he felt the full weight of lost time on his shoulders. It felt like it had been years.

Luke - no, he was Lucifer again, took a moment to acclimate again, his breath leaving his body in a shallow gasp. The Boss' presence in this place washed over in a wave, an impact he didn't realize would feel so strong. The void the Boss' disappearance (or rather, the Boss being locked out) left behind hurt more than he thought - a hole that was left behind. Here, it was warm, inviting, like a hug almost. The Boss was aware he had come, and the radiating presence he felt in his hear, nay, his soul, was proof of that. It was strange, how you could get so used to something after it had been gone for so long - was it really that long? Why did it feel like he had been gone for eons? What happened here? He shouldn't have been living out Junior's story of the Prodigal Son - this should have been a simple jaunt to and from the Material Plane of his standard universe.

He blinked, surprised that he felt something wet on his cheek, and wiped it aside, looking down at his much shorter companion, [color=eca222]"Well, no time like the present. Gimme a sec to put my game face on-"[/color]

He concentrated for a moment, then allowed his form to shift and shimmer into something a little more..dramatic. [https://i.imgur.com/MwBO3EU.png] The extra pairs of wings were a bit much, but honestly, did any of the Host REALLY remember what he looked like? Flexing his extra appendages and cracking his neck, Lucifer shot Teresa a mischevious grin, [color=eca222]"Stick close to me and they shouldn't get to you. Appearances are everything around here,"[/color] before walking on ahead into the depths of Heaven - and to the Boss herself.

Teresa looked around with equal parts amazement and confusion, "This is what you call Paradise? This presence is suffocating. It's like I'm stuck inside of my mother's womb."

[color=eca222]"This is Administration. I suspect it feels different between here and where all the souls rest. Technically speaking, my kind don't need to eat while up in this plane. They're sustained by the Presence of God, which might be why it feels so heavy to you."[/color]

As the pair walked up towards the Boss' office, they could see swathes of Angels giving Lucifer and his companion admittance, shying to the sides whenever they were so much as within a meter of the Fallen one. Eventually, the duo made their way to the place Lucifer liked to jokingly call "the Principal's Office". It appeared as a giant pair of white doors, guarded on either side by a pair of Thrones, spinning and churning in place. The Wheels within Wheels festooned with eyes regarded Lucifer and Teresa like one would regard an uninvited mafia don - with scorn and fear. They looked unsure about what to do, before another "wave" of the Boss washed over them, granting them permittance to enter; the Thrones falling back in response. The double doors of white opened, and with a flash of light, the two were placed in what appeared to be a gigantic white office. Each were seated in a comfortable white chair, and before them was a white desk, and on the top of it was seated a child, a young girl who appeared no older than 8. The child's skin was a dark brown, her hair set in a series of black braids down her back, and she wore simple clothes, reminiscent of a kid on a snow day. The only thing that belayed her age was her expression; calm, peaceful, patient, a picture perfect icon of tranquility. The Lord's Presence was thickest here, washing over Lucifer and his travelling partner almost inquisitively, like a relative who hadn't seen you since you were an infant, the expression faltering and turning sad. Lucifer let himself smile ever so faintly, and said to Teresa, [color=eca222]"She thought you'd be more comfortable if She took that form again."[/color]

"That's very kind of her," Teresa said. Even she wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not. "But I am more bothered by this... presence. It reminds me... it reminds me of BlackHarte." Teresa tugged at her mantle to loosen it somewhat. Sweat beaded on her head.

Lucifer rolled his eyes at the comparison and said in a matter of fact manner, [color=eca222]"Well she's not going to eat you, if that's what you're thinking. Boss is pretty laissez-faire with most matters anyways...Speaking of-"[/color]

"It is nice to hear you still speak so well of me, Lucifer."

He looked up towards the girl on the desk, his shoulders slumping as he gave the news, [color=eca222]"[sub]That's beside the point.[/sub] We have a problem, a big problem. As in, I-actually-you-to-step-in, sort of problem."[/color]

"I knew there was a problem as soon as you and My Cleric disappeared from My sight. Where have you two been? Surely you realize how long you have been gone."

[color=eca222]"...How long has that been? It should have only been a couple days for us..."[/color]

"It's been a thousand years, give or take." Teresa said nonchalantly. Teresa swung her head back and forth, "You're pretty calm for a God. I think we could learn a lot with how lenient you are with your creations."

The child's smile remained sad, and she nodded solemnly, "One of my first acts was to establish the freedom of choice. Without the ability to do Wrong, Good cannot exist. I have learned this lesson many times as I've maintained this position by watching my children. The Rule may exist, but it is not absolute. Laws can be used to harm, Good intentions can cause ill. All things are subjective. For that, reason, my Son was sent on Earth while I maintain this place." She regarded Teresa a moment longer, her expression remaining sad, "I am sorry you have suffered so much."
As for the Fallen Son himself, he was a bit more focused on the information Teresa had so calmly brought up. His voice raised into an angry, [color=eca222]"WHAT?!"[/color] at the mere implication. Lucifer's wings - false they may be - flared behind him in a feathery arc, almost resembling a spooked bird, [color=eca222]"That can't be right, I just told her good-bye no more than a couple hours ago, this whole mess took place over the course of a day! Boss, say it ain't so - tell me this kid is just telling a bad joke!"[/color]

The Boss' expression remained gentle, but sad.

[color=eca222]"...No...But - if that's true then... "[/color] The Devil felt the weight of the Dawn's collective absence finally crush down on him, causing him to fall back in his chair, his expression blank. A single human year was nothing to him. A decade, an hour. A century was a bit more sizable, more to watch and more to see, but a thousand years - that was really a benchmark. Human civilizations rose and fell in the span of time; and he had been there for some of them! To think of being absent from his position for so long, it felt draining, damning even.

The Boss waited patiently as Her son had his emotional breakdown, as it would not be the first nor the last of his outbursts. She knew this to be true, and in all things, it would pass. Her gaze turned back to Teresa expectantly, as if she anticipated either additional clarification, or perhaps to weather another remark.

"It's not that time moves differently inside of the Labyrinth, it's just that that world's been reloaded so many times the save file's becoming corrupted."

[color=eca222]"Wh-what.. does that even mean? Don't tell me this is an apocalypse scenario..."[/color]

"Nothing so dire. It just means that Alice's game must come to an end," Teresa sat down in the chair and stretched, letting her mantle drop off her shoulders so that her bare skin could breathe. "Several of the players in her game have already become aware. I just suspect that the labyrinth will collapse in a few more months."

Lucifer perked up at the news, sighing in relief, [color=eca222]"So when the Labryinth collapses, they'll be back in the 'proper' world...Though I imagine it's going to be a bit of a shock when they come back... Of course, this means we can focus on Venia."[/color]

Turning back to the Boss, Lucifer's expression was set, his confidence swirlling back in his breast, [color=eca222]"So, I said I needed your help with something, here's how it is...."[/color]

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
Someone helped me wriiiite this~

[hr]
Los Angelues, California
Time: 8AM​
[hr]

It was a normal morning in the city of angels, the sun was shining, the birds were singing; and a man was snorting a line of cocaine off of a pristine coffee table.

At least, he was before the owner of said coffee table elected to show up. Cup of black tea in hand, Inuart had to blink a couple times before he could process what exactly was happening in front of him. He could remember the events from the night prior - where he and his manager had gone to some social event involving other musicians and their pet managers, there was a lot of drinking involved, and after a chauffeur ride, Inuart had allowed Scaramouche to crash on the couch. How that lead to a felony happening in his manor, he wasn't entirely sure, but after a moment to pinch the bridge of his nose, the bard managed to ask,

"What are you doing."

The manager shot up from his little morning activity, powder still under one of his nostrils as he tried to weakly hid the Benjamin he was snorting the coke with behind his back, "Inuart ba-bay! I-I thought you'd be sleeping-"

"That doesn't answer my question. What in the absolute hell, are you doing this early in the morning?"

"Uhh..."

Inuart held up a finger to stop his manager from saying anything before he took a long draw of his tea, making a point to keep holding up the finger until he swallowed, "It looks to me like you're committing a felony under my roof, after I so graciously offered you my estate as a resting area. Now, while I frankly don't care about drugs in general, given their addictive nature, this leads me to question - where did you even get it in the span of our gathering to the arrival at my estate?"

"Why, do you want some?"

"NO, YOU IDIOT - I JUST SAID I DIDN"T WANT ANY!" Inuart resisted the temptation to splash Scaramouche with his tea - were it not for the fact that A) it was some nice stuff, and B) there was a prime opportunity to be had here. After a moment to compose his expression, the bard instead smiled oh-so-sweetly at his manager, "No, I don't want some. But, if you managed to get a hold of such a thing so easily, then that means you know people. People who might able to help me."

Scaramouche took a step back, pointing an accusatory finger at Inuart, "Hold on right he-yah! What makes you think I'm going to tell you that sweet and juicy piece of info so easily? I could pin this all on you! 'Musician caught with drugs' happens all the time!"

Inuart simply drank from his mug, draining the tea completely before he set the mug on the table, "Oh? You really think that'll be the case, Scaramouche? Pray tell - how long have you been my manager?"

"Uh...couple months?"

"Exactly. And how long have I been in this business?"

"Only a few years at most!"

The bard examined a nail, pretending there some kind of dirt under it, "Yes, but you see - prior to your recent employment, my other manager taught me a few things. For one, investing in a modest house and only a few creature comforts goes a long way to maintain one's estate. The second, money and notoriety talks. And I think, were it really the case that you tried to implicate me, I could hire a much attorney than you could ever dream to. Furthermore, seeing I'm completely innocent on this possession charges you implicate me of - as well as not being the one with a bit of powder on my nose, you're not in the position to make any threats. Now, are you going to help me, or am I going to kill your career before it even starts?"

"Alright, alright, Chill, Baby doll...So I know a guy who knows these cats that call themselves "DUSK LLC". Dark Net, Shifty eyes, the works. They know people with REALLY deep pockets, you dig? Now, I don't want none of your business up in mind but these guys? Anything goes."

"Really now? And you can just 'connect' me to them?"

"Yeah yeah yeah, babe - I got em on speed-dial right here-"

"I'll be taking that," he yanked the phone out of his manager's hand before he made dismissive gesture with his hand, "Clean this mess up and get out. You'll get this back by noon."

Scaramouche didn't need telling twice, scrambling to clean up the rest of the coke and getting the hell out of dodge. As for Inuart, he let out a frustrated breath of air he didn't realize he was holding, and padded his way back to the kitchen and getting himself some breakfast. By 9 am, the bard had managed to eat, drink two more cups of tea and run a mile on a treadmill before he felt up to doing any sort of 'business'. Finally making his way back to his living room and sullied coffee table (the cocaine might be gone but he KNEW it was there), he opened up the phone and hit the speed dial.... After a few moments, a voice came on the other end-

"Good afternoon, Mr. Scaramouche. For the record, your Swedish-made Male Enhancement pump has been damaged in transit. Apparently, someone in US Customs needed it more then you. I've already arranged a replacement-"

"...I'll be sure to let him know, unfortunately, this is not Scaramouche."

There was a moment of silence, before the operator said in an exasperated voice, "Oh, please tell me he's dead. I'm getting tired of him drunk dialing us and ordering fast food..."

"Afraid not. I caught him with some interesting products, and he graciously informed me of this line. Rest assured, I'm here to do business."

"Hmmm...I need to talk to my handler. Mind holding for a moment?..."

Before Inuart could say anything, he was put on hold with an... interesting [https://youtu.be/c5fts7bj-so?t=30s] choice of 'holding' music. A moment or two later, and the operator came back,

"Just do us a favor and remind Scaramouche we know he talked. With that out of the way, This is Diabs, I'll be your rep today. What service do you require?"

Right, time to get to business - if Inuart was going to be serious about breaking his friends out of the Dawn, he'd need some stuff to cover their tracks after the fact, coverage in the form of - "I need 5 IDs. Good ones - with solid backing and identification numbers. Whole nine yards - make these people look like lookalikes of whom I'm trying to hide."

To Inuart's surprise (or perhaps delight), the operator didn't seem to bothered by this request, casually answering back, "Alright, just need to process a few details. Can I ask what you need the IDs for?"

Oh, he wasn't expecting this question. Mentioning the Dawn would be a bad idea, considering their notoriety among the criminal circles, so perhaps he could deflect a little, "...Tell me, what's the full extent of the operations your facility covers?"

"You tell me what you need done, I'll tell you if it can be done."

An acceptable response, for now. Shuffling in his seat again, Inuart continued, I see. I'm breaking 5 wanted men out of holding. I need the IDs so I can hide them in plain sight.

"That can be done. Any requests? Want to be Jamaican or something?"

Inuart had to resist the urge to roll his eyes (and partially wonder if such a thing was so commonplace that lended to the operator asking such a question) as he shot back, "Nothing so obscene. Like I said, basically have it to the point where they could claim being lookalikes of their real selves, and be able to pass any background check a potential employer might do."

"Alright, 5 level 3 fake IDs with Background check coverage. Anything else?"

A good question. The IDs were a good start, but if he really wanted to cement this breakout - it would probably do well to avoid using some of his usual tactics - Caim was on the ship after all. With his obsession with weaponry, he'd spot Inuart's sword from a mile away, and that would just lead everything back to him; effectively negating Albert's plea of his innocence as well as making this whole operation go belly up. Half of this hinged upon Inuart being able to house them after the fact, risking that would ruin everything. It would seem, he'd have to turn to some alternate means of defense.
"Actually, since you're here...You don't happen to do 'off the grid' weapons training, do you?"

"We do have the DUSK LLC brand Advanced Weapons and Tactics Implant on special offer?"

"'Advanced weapons training implant'? How exactly does that work..? It sounds like something you'd have to put into your brain..."

"You ever see that movie "The Matrix"? Namely the first one? You know when they stick a USB or something into Keanu Reeves's skull, he freaks out and he's all like "I know Kung Fu"? Basically that, but I think they use magic. I'm not sure but it's a highly recommended package."

"That doesn't answer my question. Not to sound rude, but I'd like to know if I need brain surgery to put it in or not!"

"Nah, from my understanding of it, they use the memories of actual vets training, then put those memories in your head via a quick injection using a specialized hand-held device. Procedure takes about 5 minutes, quick and clean. Best part is that after a few months, those memories fade away, making it perfect for deniability in court. Anything else?"

The topic quickly turned to the matter of basic supply acquisition (guns, tactical gear, etc), and the conversation grew a bit more animated, the Operator finally ending with, "I'll get a local contact for that. Word of warning, she's a former member of the Bernstein Cartel from back in the day. Once she accepts your case, we'll be in touch."

Something pinged off in the back of Inuart's mind at that - Bernstein Cartel? That was the same one that his very cohorts used to work with... Maybe this was good fortune after all. With a smile, Inuart did his best to falsify concern, "Oh, I'll make sure to be careful. Thank you for your time."

"Thank you for shopping with DUSK LLC. We'll be in touch."

"Oh, hold on, I need to give you my conta-"

"Already taken care of. Nice Coffee Table by the way."

As abruptly as the morning began, the phone call ended; leaving Inuart alone in his house. Looking at the clock, it read 10:01. Plenty of time to get some weightlifting done before his next appointment. After that phone call, he had more then enough energy to burn.

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
[[Side Story]]

[hr]
Rebellion
Code:
lucifer's story
[hr]

"So who's Mitty in this relationship?"

Teresa fell deeper into the chair provided by this natural God. She shivered. The raw power of this entity washed over her relentlessly, drowning her skin in unbearable warmth. She ran her fingers over her arms and they came off slick with sweat. Her blood thrummed, desperately trying to pull oxygen from the air around her into the rivers that flowed through her body.

All of this light reminded her so painfully of her past life - of Eden and his priests. A shiver crept up her spine. Teresa had difficulty remembering what it was like before she was born again, but her body had no such luxuries.

Her skin tingled at the thought and she pulled her legs up into her chest, crossing her ankles uncomfortably. She closed her eyes. All she could remember was the light and the white rooms - immaculate and clean but bloodcurdling in it's unnaturalness. Drugged, sleepless, in agony and pain. The suffocating pressure of others on her body, the stench of human forms, these were things that she could recall. Only these visceral details haunted her memories.

But that was in the past. Teresa didn't want the pity of this foreign God. She wasn't the broken doll she was before this life. No. She was here to help end Venia. Anything other than that was a distraction. She needed to save her players and restore her world to brilliant life. Anything short of that... well, wouldn't do.

"I am a God that was created, but Venia is not," Teresa added at the end of Luke's lengthy explanation. She looked up at the avatar of Luke's patron, "She is drawn to suffering and it is for that reason that I believe she has not attempted to feast upon this heavenly plane."

"This is supposed to be a resting place. Peace is part of it's nature."
The child had remained unmoving up to this point, unbound by the constraints of human flesh and discomfort. However, She moved down from her seat on the desk, alighting gently upon the white tiles of the floor,
"However, if what you and Lucifer say is true, and I know it to be, then this is indeed a matter I must attend to. Creation is meant to turn in it's natural progression in it's own time. From what you have told me, Venia, at best, is what would be considered an acceleration of that process. Creation will not survive long if she continues on this path."
She offered a hand to both Lucifer and Teresa,
"Lead me to her. I will do what I can to give the souls she has captured rest, and put an end to this destruction."
She looked at her son pointedly, and he awkwardly rambled out,
"There's a little caveat about the soul saving thing. We don't know for sure if they're dead. If they are, where they go is heavily dependent on their beliefs; so, fair warning there."
Teresa took the small child's hand and thought of that tumultuous sea of gold crashing against the boundary of reality. She was scared. She was scared because she didn't know if she was betraying her sisters by doing this, or if she was going against BlackHarte's own wishes.

"She's there. It is not possible to not know her once there. Please," Teresa whispered, "save my friends. I don't know if I can go with you. To be honest, I'm scared out of my mind by that thing. It's one thing to hear about a monster like that and see it in anime and games, but it's wholly another thing to have witnessed her devastation in person."

The small child gave that same sad smile to Teresa, and spoke gently,
"Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise. I will protect them from those who malign them."
However, it brightened, if only for a moment,
"You will be safe with Me."
Lucifer looked away as his hand was grabbed as well, and muttered something in an embarrassed tone along the lines of, [color=eca222]"That old saying? Really?"[/color]

In one moment they stood still in the vestibule of heaven, in another, they did not.

---​

When they reappeared Venia was once again slamming herself into the impenetrable black cloud that hid BlackHarte's section of the multiverse. Huge waves of shimmering liquid gold rose as high as mountains and crashed against the wall, all the while the sad orchestra of Venia's breathing echoed through the space between worlds. At the moment the entity did not seem to notice the arrival of the three. The sea was lost in thought.

Lucifer flinched when he saw the entity again, fear rising through his core. It was her that terrifying thing that almost swallowed him up into it's golden void. He found himself unintentionally edging away, before the Boss' words snapped back to his attention,
"Do not fear, for I am with you."
Right, the Boss was here... But now what?

It was quiet at first, before the radiance that seemed to come from The Boss spread forth, covering both Lucifer and Teresa in a sort of bubble, after all, the small Child was but a projection, an appearance for Her visitors - nothing could properly encompass and contain the vastness of what The Boss truly entailed. There came a sound, similar to a humming noise, that started soft as a whisper, before it rose like a chorus, a reverberation in this shining gloom. Lucifer could not help but wonder if the Choirs were listening, attempting to rouse and aid along with The Boss' entreatment. The air around them seemingly began to shake, before a shaft of what appeared to sunlight from above pierced down into the golden sea, the Boss' voice reverberating in the air:

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they with me."

"a' saeshia raha"

The sea quelled and became suddenly still. A flat plane of mirror-gold that reflected the ethereal sky above.

"saeshie' naede i gloe i"

Teresa was seized and squirmed. She opened her mouth and then closed her mouth. Then she spoke softly, "I have guests. Guests both foreign and familiar."

"Subarashii desu ne"

"Wonderful."

[color=eca222]"What do you mean guests? Explain, please?"[/color]

Teresa answered for the entity, "Not only has the boy from earlier returned, but he has also brought along his mother and one of my dear sisters. You are welcome, so very welcome."

Lucifer flinched back as Teresa translated for Venia's strange speech. Even while holding the hand of the Boss' avatar, fear quelled in his chest. He wanted this damn thing to be over and done with. He felt like a child who wanted to curl up under their blankets when the monsters appeared; he wanted so badly to go home.

The Boss, however, was unfettered. Her Choir raised once more, and another shaft of sunlight piereced the gold, sifting for the lost and the sleeping.

There was no answer from the depths of the sea. Venia instead spoke again, using her own chorus, but borrowing Teresa's voice. "Please stop ignoring me. To be so forceful as to force yourself into me on our first meeting is quite... rude." The sea shifted and roiled around their bubble, swallowing them.

And then they were in a strange garden, in a shaded veranda surrounded by blooming flowers. The sea above them took the place of the sun in casting down bright daylight on the wild blooms set carefully around them. In the distance they could make out the silhouette of an old mansion.

"Stay close to me" was all the Boss intoned when they found themselves in the strange new garden. With the sea above as a false light source, Lucifer could only imagine that Her power was what kept them from consumed. Aloud he wondered, [color=eca222]"What is this place? The inside of the Mercy?[/color]

"How obnoxiously rude," Venia said through Teresa as she appeared. The avatar had finally made herself known. She was still that young girl in a white dress with long white hair and blood-red eyes. She pursed her lips and shook her head, "this is not inside me. I have not dissolved you. This," she motioned to the garden around them, "is the garden at my childhood home in Washington."

Lucifer's gaze furrowed, and he snarled back, [color=eca222]"And why have you brought us here? So you can try to eat me again?!"[/color]

"Lucifer." A word was enough to silence him, the Boss regarding Venia with a stern expression,
"You do not understand what you are doing, do you?"
Venia shrugged and sauntered up to Teresa, an uncharacteristic sway in her childish hips. "What is there to understand? I am shouldering the sins of all the wayward children of creatio- NNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Teresa suddenly screamed as she slipped through the bubble and fell into Venia's embrace. The younger girl guided her fingers along Teresa's bleeding wounds and teased the flowing blood within using her fingernails.

"Ahh... nnaaa... ahhhh......" Teresa moaned as she fell to her knees, face turned upwards in a mix of fear.

"sa' moe i ne, Te-ri-sa?" Venia giggled.

"D...don't... don't... eat me... please..." Teresa's voice cracked and Venia worked her hands down her sister's body. "I don't... I don't... I don't want to die... NNAAAAAAAAAAA~!" Venia had started drawing soft circles on Teresa's heart with her finger tips.

She turned her gaze to the Boss, "a' dane a'one karaha"

"I have no will of my own," Teresa repeated.

[color=eca222]"Teresa!"[/color]

Lucifer didn't think when he reached out for the young girl. His hand came to the edge of the bubble, before he felt a tug on his other hand - oh right, Boss' avatar. He looked between her, and between Teresa, before he looked back and gave a smile that matched her's not too long ago, [color=eca222]"Sorry Boss - you knew who to pick for the job."[/color] He snatched his hand away and tore through the barrier, fear evaporating for the briefest moment - he promised a sad, scared, little girl that he'd show her the world he sought to protect; and Lucifer didn't like breaking his promises. Surging forward, he cried out [color=eca222]"Get your hands off of her!"[/color] before in one swift motion, he yanked Teresa back, throwing her towards the bubble... and in doing so, barreled right into Venia.

The two fell onto the floor and the Mercy swept up both of them and placed them on their feet. Venia laughed, her voice the rapid pulls of a bow on strings. "Ah! Saene illun, saene illun."

Teresa looked out in shock, heart beating fast in her chest. Did he really just... for me?

"If you are nod hareful, I will ead you!" Venia teased in her shoddy English. She settled down and conjured a chair from the golden sea above. "a' aesh bale no lamana shaesh bidu dare gosa denaede i."

"I will not hurt you now. So long as you remain in your patron's arms." Teresa translated quickly and of her own volition.

"s'a, sore ga choube de da dago dene shaesh, s'a kabanda lorshe i dor i shaesh, a' sor i kabanda dena" Venia curtsied.

"Miss Patron, please let down the bristling heart, you ought to be spoken to in comfort. I am not so bad a person as I am made out to be."

Lucifer looked over Teresa like a mother hen inspecting it's chick after the Mercy let them go, before sighing in relief. The Boss took a few steps forward, pulling them into her barrier again, which Lucifer added after they were pulled in again, [color=eca222]"Stay in the bubble, okay? You really scared the shit out of me with that maneuver. Why did you even do that? Did she compel you or something?"[/color]
The Boss on the other hand, allowed her expression to soften ever so slightly, and gestured with an open palm, "Twice thus far you almost consumed my son. Forgive me for being a little protective of him. Speak. Why should we not fear you?"

Venia put a finger on her chin and opened her mouth to speak. Yet, this time there was no sound. These were words meant only for another deity.

"Was it not you that came into my home and began to strike at my innards with your sovereignty? Not you who now stands, invited to my home, only to hold me in such contempt? Your son thinks me to be unreasonable, and my sister fears my gentle teasing. On our level, however, we are not enemies."

"I had seen what was being wrought, and I had heard. Your golden sea consumes. The world must turn at it's natural pace. You hasten it in an unprecedented speed. It is not surprising that my son and your sister think ill of you. I will, however, take the olive branch offered and answer a question with a question- why did your sea swallow us? That is not what is typically considered an invitation so much as an abduction."

"Do you not do the same thing with your 'presence?' This sea is my body, and outside of it I find it difficult to move, speak, and think. I use my Mercy as my hands and my eyes, as well as my ears and my tongue."

"No, it is not the same. Those who encounter My presence are welcome to enter or leave it as they wish. Teresa did not have to stay near me, when it was fearful and strange. I would not have penalized her for leaving, or forced her to stay. I think she was very brave to stay near Me. She's very brave now. Another question - where are the souls you have taken into yourself?"

"As it is so, you may leave whenever you wish it. I do not force you to stay. My Mercy is unfortunately less refined than your presence, so it comes off as quite a bit more strong. On the subject of the souls, they are all around us now. It is with their essence that my sea is formed."

"And the worlds you have devoured?"

"I have left them be once they are stripped of causality. There is no point in denying a world for any new God that might need a place to start their realm."

"Therein lies our conflict. You take it away, rather than letting it run its course. The gods are bound by rules. If We imposed our will onto all the worlds outside of the beginning steps, no world would survive the clash of interest. It is through the little things We may aid the mortals in shaping their world."

"That is a nice sentiment. But I have rid of worlds only where the people have cursed their god for their cruelty."

"Is it not the nature of children to spite their parents when angry?"

"Is it not the responsibility of a God to save an abused child from the anger of their parents?"

The Boss only smiled sadly, "I have been asked that many times; but I cannot. To do so would impede on their right to decide. It is through Choice that Good can exist. My son has taken the position to facilitate that choice. He has seen the brightest and the darkest my children have to offer. But those brightest of lights would not shine so brightly if I were to make them so."

"We must agree to disagree then. I am not unreasonable, but it is not in my nature to overlook suffering. I was born with the single-minded desire to make all of those that I witness happy, to grant their wishes, and the soothe their scarred souls. But then, I ask of you, is it not hypocritical to come here and impose your will upon mine, and upon those who cling to my mercy for peace?"

"Is it really happiness?"

"What makes you doubt that it is?"

"One cannot know happiness without knowing sorrow. Can one truly be happy if they get everything they want?"

"Yeah, that's what Erika always says. But, when you look at it, I can't create people, so the souls I take are all from places where they've been exposed to much sorrow already."

"And they don't belong to you."

"Who do they belong to? My sisters who forsook them? The wandering Gods that created them and left after they got bored? I know it is good in your world to care after those that have been abandoned. I am doing such work here."

"They belong to their homes. Every soul has a place to go eventually, be to a sweet embrace of stillness, or to a land they call their own. Every soul believes in something. Even the idea of an 'absence' is a belief."

"I am also a belief, am I not?"

"Are you?"

"How rude! Of course I am! I am Venia, the Soul of Forgiveness and the Sea of Mercy. I give unto those abandoned that pray for help their salvation."

"Do you?"

"Allow me the indulgence of answering a question with a question. What makes you believe Teresa's version of the story over mine?" "This sea, you can reach out with your presence and see, none will go with you. They have chosen to stay here with me in the bliss that I afford them. I am doing good where my father and older sister do evil."

"Who said it is Teresa I believe?"
"When my son entered my realm again, I saw it so vividly. How he feared you. How he was almost swallowed up. How you did not listen when he tried to speak with you, tried to understand you. You almost devoured him. I see 'force' in your Mercy, akin to the eaters of Lotus in Greece. Perhaps they do not leave because the Mercy does not allow them to think, to chose."

"Such insults. And I had thought you were supposed to be a kind and merciful God. You and your son are both so quick to judge. It comes to pass that I did not swallow him up, for if I did I would guess I would have already breached Father's accrused barrier and set this conflict to rest. To that end, what have you come here to do then? To tear the souls I have gathered out of my body, to destroy me, and then cast my essence back into the ether from which I was born?"

"It sounds to me like you are already predisposed to see me as some sort of villain, which I will not attempt any further to persuade you otherwise. I am Venia, the Essence of Mercy, and it is my mission to return those that cannot die to oblivion, and those that wish for bliss into blessed sleep. If you would not allow me this, then I suppose you will have to subjugate me."

The Lord remained silent for a moment, then entreated, "You are right in one respect - I did come expecting a fight, and for that, I do apologize." The Avatar, in this space between spaces, gave a small nod of her head, "But, I propose two questions.

The first - were you to break through that barrier, how would you 'set the conflict to rights'?

The second - may I speak with the souls within you? You have my word I will Not take them from you should I do so. I wish only to observe, to view how they exist here.

I do not wish to rip you asunder or force you into silence if you can be reasoned with. But at the same time, I cannot allow you to eat everything in your path."

"I'm going to kill my older sister and release her prisoners back into the real world, and then after that, I'm going to kill Father and return all of his prisoners into oblivion!"

"After that is done, I suppose I'll kill Teresa and Vil and Balance and Hunger, Freya and Erika, Alesha and Miriam. Really, all of the people who shouldn't exist. Then after all of my family is dead, I'll just have to off myself."

"And if you would like to venture into my depths to witness the souls within, it is not my intention to stop you. But I will have to ask you to swear that you keep to yourself what it is like inside of me. My sisters musn't ever discover the truth of those I have eaten."

"Will you swear to not touch my son or his charge while I do so?"

"Hm... Well I want to touch Teresa, but what if I just don't eat her?"

"I don't get a lot of bonding time with my little sisters after all."

"I ask that you do not. It would agitate Lucifer and I don't want to try and break up another fight when we're finally starting to make progress. That said, however - did you not say you wanted to kill her, the rest of your sisters and your Father? I am not one to typically endorse Familicide."

"Hm. Alright. You got me. Teresa has the ability to break Father's barrier, which is the main reason I've been wanting to get my hands on her. But I swear upon my very own grave that I will not touch ether of them."

"Aha! I thought there was something to it .... Very well, we will discuss the details of your plan in a moment."

The Boss certainly felt... conflicted. On one hand - the end result seemed genuine. On the other, she did not approve of the methods taken to get there. Returning back to the Garden, she communicated this as such, "Your Mercy is a beautiful thing, I will admit. However, as far as methodology is concerned, I am afraid we will remain in opposition.

That said... Explain to me why you wish to kill your family."

"It is the wish of my Father. I may not know rest until all of them are dead. I was given no reason, and I cannot disobey."

"Your father created you to kill them?"

"That is what I know, yes."

"You poor creature. No wonder all you do is take things into yourself."
The Boss's expression shifted sad again, "One might consider it merciful to strike you down, for having to be in such a cursed state. Is there really nothing you can do to change it?"

"Hmm... not that I know of. I don't really mind though, eating sin and pain is sort of what I do. I suppose if I was able to experience happiness, I might not want to die."
"And that might be a problem when it comes time to self-terminate."

"I think your Father cruel then, for making you in such a way. A child should be not be forced to wage a war they do not understand."

"I do not begrudge him nor do I question his judgement. It just is so"

"Do you want to blindly follow his law? Does that make you happy?"

"I guess? Despite being able to grant wishes I do not know if I am happy. It is not part of my nature to know."

"It was not originally a part of Lucifer's nature to act against me. And yet he does. The beauty of living is that you can learn."

"It is not your place to try to save me. I do not think I am a creature that you would want to save."

"You know how I speak of choice so frequently? Part of that Virtue comes from the souls I meet. A great swathe of them start ill - fighting, cheating, stealing, murdering... until they grow older. They realize the ills of what they have done, and act in repentance. Once they die, they are absolved. The actions lend to good works, but the turning point is the realization of wrongdoing. So long as they are alive, and are able to make that change - they have a chance to be saved. All living things that think and feel are this way. Perhaps your Father did not intend for you to be anything than one who slays - but think on our conversation thus far. You have displayed many passions about your works and what you do. You grew angry when I questioned it. Does that not imply you can think for yourself? By virtue of that, that seems to imply you can grow and change beyond your original 'programming'."

"As long as I live, I suffer for the sake of others. As long as I do, I yearn for death. I cannot die until my family is dead, do deviate is to change who I am." Venia laughed sadly. "What makes me Venia is my desire to forgive and to absolve. To take that away from me leaves me with nothing but pain. A suffering with no purpose."

"You can change what being Venia means. Purpose is but the decision to fill an existence of suffering with a goal - a goal you decide for yourself."

"It is not so simple for something like me. I am not... a singular entity," Venia swayed back and forth, "I am a conscious idea. My nature,sentience, personality, and drive are upheld by a distributed network of individual consciousnesses that are self-correcting, self-multiplying, and unpredictable."

She pointed at the sea above them. "That is both me, and my prison. It's a bit of a tragedy, but do not weep on my behalf. Soon, it shall be over and I can finally join my family in death."

The Boss remained quiet for a long time. This was reminiscent of the time she sent forth her Son and Avatar, and no matter what he did, someone would not listen. In these sort of cases, what was simply best, was to move onward to the next who might listen. With a heavy heart, She asked, "It will be a kindness for you to kill each of them? Does it not hurt your heart to consider killing your family?"

"I can think of no greater pleasure than to lay my troubled family to rest."

The Boss considered this a moment longer, before she was reminded of a task she asked of her own son many many centuries and eons ago.... Looking to the poor child in front of her, she fully comprehended what had been done. Where she asked Lucifer, Venia was tasked. Where she gave an out, he did not. A cruel one, this Father. She asked one final question - "Should the barrier fall, you will only attack your family members? The other worlds, such as the one my son seeks to protect, will remain unharmed?"

"I cannot promise that. It is unfortunate that my power is indiscriminate. I will try my best to avoid those that belong to another domain, but I cannot promise the safety of your charges. I understand if you would not wish to assist me."

"I am.. Considering assisting you. My primary concern is for the other worlds. If your father is the cause of all of this trouble, as well as what causes you and your sister to suffer, I am willing to aid you. But, if the other worlds, the inculpable get caught in the crossfire, I can't allow it in good conscience."

She looked over the Mercy for a moment, "Bring some of that close to me. I wish to test something."

Venia obliged.

Teresa threw her arms around Luke and hugged him tightly. Tears streamed down her cheeks, "Her pull is so strong, her will is too intense. Please, take me away from here. Take me away from her. I'm scared, I'm so, so scared."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]

[hr]

"...Alright, that was a bit below the belt...but-...Shite..." David cursed, enjoying getting chewed out about as much as anyone would.
Still, if he didn't know anything about the situation either, then it would just be a case of the blind leading the blind for David to ask him then wouldn't it?
"Well, thanks for your honesty at least. Alright, hang on then. Maybe I might be able to use this..." He mused as he tried to remember some of what had been jammed into his head for Vihaan's little science project.
It still kinda stung to think about but for the sake of experimentation (And slightly out of spite for Blackharte), he tried taking his advice and thinking long and hard about the information had he had.

It was a list of people with all their personal details and other information, so he began to look and see if his own name appeared anywhere in the database to see what it said about him, as well as Ton Ton, Nadalia, Blackharte and-
"Laeta?...You alright?..." He then asked, noticing she was acting a bit strange which was understandable seeing how hard Blackharte hit her right in the skull.
Glancing around the room, he didn't seem to notice this fog or the heat she was feeling.
It was then that he attempted to look for Laeta in the database out of a hunch, wincing slightly as he did so.
Ahhh...how the hell does Jenny do this all day?... He thought as he tried to access what knowledge remained in his head.

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
System Message
Query: David West

Return:
Name: West, David

Alignment: Neutral Good

Ethnicity: Irish

User Submitted Information: Born and raised in the countryside of the West of Ireland, David had a rather uneventful life, joining the military at a young age, mostly out of a desire to help his fellow man and partly because he didn't do too well in college.
He served in the Irish Army Ranger Wing, a branch of the Irish Military on par with the British SAS until he was brought onto a developing EU wide faction, The European Anti Terror Task Force.
Designed to help secure the landmass of Europe from threats too large for lone member states to handle, it soon was tested to it's limits during what would be known as the Monster Attack Summer, where the entire faction was crippled and disbanded soon after.

David was on the front lines in Moscow when the Monster Attack Summer happened. Despite his best efforts, he was mind controlled by the creature attacking the city into killing over 300 allies and civilians and even into attacking the Rising Dawn themselves.
To make up for his Ill Deeds, joined the Rising Dawn and soon became the lead contact for the band of heroes as part of the United Nations Intelligence Task-force (or UNIT)

Though his time on the ship, he has encountered many dangers, found love, lost it and while he often finds himself doubting his usefulness amoung Demi-Gods and Superheroes, he will always aim to save as many lives as possible.

User Submitted Abilities:

Master Marksman: He is one of the finest marksmen in the entire world, being able to hit just about anything if given a line of sight and enough time to ready his shot.

Unlimited Ammo: Thanks to a wish granted to him by Philemon in exchange for assisting his world, David now has the means to instantly refill the clip of any conventional firearm by just touching it and desiring for it to be so.
He can also use this to replicate matter, but it's not really too useful in that respect due to the fact that whatever he creates would have to fit in a firearm's gun barrel anyway.

Agent of UNIT: As a UNIT official, he can call in support from the global agency as well as use his position to pull rank against common civilians, enabling access to classified areas beyond the reach of conventional law enforcement.

Iron Liver: Years of being Irish have granted David the ability to more or less weather the effects of alcohol, barring amounts designed specifically to break those limits anyway.

User Submitted Weaknesses:

A LOT: Being one of the few proper humans on the ship has it number of drawbacks. While he has proven himself in battle time and time again, it doesn't change the fact that he has little to no powers to protect him.

Insecure: It's hard to keep a positive mental self-image when even 13 year old elves can bench press 10 times more then you.
Years of being on the Rising Dawn and witnessing the feats of it's crew have left him feeling like he's coming short and that his presence on the ship is far less valued then it is.
While he doesn't let it show, his insecurities can be a liability and a possible means to control or influence him.
Capture Date: 5.15.2015

Query: Ton Ton

Response:

Name: Ton Ton
Species: Tonberry
Alignment: Neutral Good, Lawful leanings
Text Color = 15650D

Backstory: In a realm outside of AA; a child purchased a stuffed Tonberry from the Internet, and cherished the doll as if it was a real object of flesh and blood, giving it a name, gender and 'life'. Treated with respect and adoration, the child's love for the doll allowed it to gain sentience and took it upon himself to protect the girl who had treated him so kindly. However, he kept his sentience secret; for he did not wish to scare his owner, The Mistress (as he called her). Thus, for many years, the creature kept a silent vigil over his charge, battling away nightmares and various beings lurking in closets as The Mistress slept, unconditionally and faithfully.

However, this was not to last for long. As The Mistress slumbered, a powerful creature sought to attack her dreams, and instill great and terrible nightmares into the slumbering girl. Ton Ton fought valiantly, and wounded the being with his knife and lantern; however, it was for naught.

In the creature's retreat, it summoned a horde of it's minions and dragged the Tonberry into darkness. When he awoke, he was in a strange land, and in the stead of felt skin and faux objects, a blade of steel and a blue glassed, iron wrought lantern were in his hands; and scales covered his brow. Ton Ton was shocked by the developments, and was fearful for his Mistress. Had the demon sought to attack her again? What would become of her?! Thus, the Tonberry quested to find a way back home, and into the loving arms of the one to whom he owes his life.

AA Backstory: After many adventures in the realms of AA, Ton Ton made a pact with the turtle-dragon Cadolbolg, gaining great power, but losing his stuffed form as a result. None the less, the Tonberry continued questing with his ally, and eventually found his way back to his home world, by way of a wish from one Philemon. Upon return home, he found that his Mistress had aged, but had not forgotten him; and a happy reunion between the two was had. However, with age, and a new-found awareness of Daemons, the Mistress had begun drafting efforts to start combatting Daemons. Through the creation of other toys/stuffed animals, she had made each and every one with the hopes that they would one day help children as she was aided, as well as encouraging others around her in subtle ways; such as gifting adult friends with toys for their children, etc. With this new effort inspired by his actions, Ton Ton was given the Mistress' blessing to return to AA with Cadolbolg, under the terms "someone else needs your help more than I do." and the two were sent along their way; now filled with more vigor to combat whatever Darkness would rear it's ugly head.

Personality: Generally speaking, Ton Ton is something of a contradiction. His understanding of social matters is similar to that of a child's, not catching the subtleties and nuances of interaction with people, or understanding his own emotions (as he was a doll for a good portion of his existence.) However, when it comes to serious matter such as death or battle, his comprehension is like that of an adult, and he suddenly matures; seeming to be a completely different being.

Aside from those mixed reactions to the world, Ton Ton is a gentle soul, and only resorts to violence when it is absolutely necessary. He tries to be helpful and to stay out of matters that are not his business. If anything, Ton Ton will try to befriend somebody before fighting them, and is always happy to make new friends; after he gets over being a little shy.

Abilities and Assests: As per AA's strange nature, and the beliefs of the Mistress, Ton Ton has been able to retain certain abilities associated with Tonberries:

Uniform and Equipment: Ton Ton has entered AA in a light brown robe, carrying a lantern and a small knife. The lantern always burns, and never goes out so long as Ton Ton wills it. The knife has a keen edge, and does not dull. Ton Ton has also gained a glowing star above his head, a sign that he has gained much experience as a Tonberry. (Does nothing mechanically)

Improved Toughness - If a normal Tonberry has 9,999 HP, Ton Ton would have the equivalent of 44,444 HP, and he possess Immunity to the status effects placed here.

Essentially, he took a step up the Tonberry Ladder. Furthermore, to most normal enemies, Ton Ton has a better strength than most Tonberry's like him, if the group were to encounter any more.

Everybody's Grudge: A powerful attack, Everybody's Grudge utilizes negative energy and channels it back at the attacker, creating as much damage as the number of enemies (be they human or other) Ton Ton's attacker has defeated. However, this attack can only be used after Ton Ton has been hit, so it is a reckless tactic to rely upon it.

Chef's Knife: Easily the strongest attack in his arsenal; Ton Ton calls upon The Mistress, and uses his combined faith and her adoration to instill the Knife with an attack that can kill weaker enemies instantly. However, on stronger enemies, it will only damage them. Either way, it is accompanied by a "DOINK" sound upon contact, and is very precise; regardless of the enemy's movements. Given the Nature of this attack, it requires some time to charge, and will leave Ton Ton unable to use Everybody's Grudge, and only tank the hits directed his way.
What it looks like, generally.

Favored Enemy - Assaulter of Minds and Servants of Darkness: Ton Ton has literally spent the entirety of his existence combating creatures that ensnare the mind and/or are made of darkness. As such, even should his powers wane, he is able to combat such beings. It is in his very nature to do so.

Examples of those on his shit list: Slenderman, Embodiments of one's own darkness/evil (Storm's for example), Dream Daemons

Weaknesses:

Faith and Trust Because his faith and persistence in fighting for The Mistress has caused Ton Ton to gain power in the AA verse, if his faith in her falters, his strength does as well. This can be seen physically with how bright the flame in his lantern burns. Furthermore, if he loses his faith completely, he will lose his powers, as he does in the hour of loss.

The Hour of Loss Even when holding the Mistress in high esteem, Ton Ton is forced to be without his powers 1 hour everyday (Let's assume Midnight, as that's the time stuff happens in Faerie Tales). Why this is, he is not certain; but in this way, Ton Ton is at his most vulnerable. His weapons have no use, and his strength is diminished against creatures of flesh and blood. However, he is still able to combat his favored enemies, as he did before coming to AA. But those are few and far between in a realm of everything and anything.

Dark-Aligned Magic: Despite being a creature made to combat the forces of darkness and the like, Ton Ton just feels the sting of Dark Magic to be particularly harmful.
Capture Date: 5.15.2015

Query: Nadalia

Response:

Name: Nadalia
Origin: Dark Souls 2
Height: 178.3 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Race: Child of Dark
Dialogue Color: Fire Brick
Title: Bride of Ash, The Iron Queen

Clothing: Bone Crown +5
Black Robes +5
Penal Handcuffs +5
Bone King Skirt +5

The Iron Queen wears a robe as black as night itself, with three iron bars stretching across her chest. The collar itself, is an iron crafted to suit that of a ruler. For the skirt, iron scales race downward on the black silk. Her majestic crown is very thin with three sharp pillars standing straight up.

Bride of Ash's hair is a murky dark gray, with a large but short ponytail idly pressed up on the back of her hair. Despite being a wondering Child of Dark, she is shackled to the human form which is why there remains a penal handcuff locked onto her right arm. Although she inherited the power of pyromancy, due to being the Child of Dark ... her eyes glow a grimly lavender color. Unlock her other sisters, she is in fact dark colored on the surface.

Personality: Nadalia is one who seeks greater power, and although she is not necessarily 'evil' ... her very existence is vile upon all whom live on Earth. Manipulative, intimidating soul that settles for nothing less than the chance of obtaining something more from anyone, or anything. The Queen of Iron has a twisted way of convincing people to serve under her, with promise that they'll be granted immense strength. Her desire for want exceeds that of the common human emotion, for Nadalia will go to great lengths in getting what she wishes to grasp.

However, the one who symbolizes the dark doesn't grant death to the innocent, nor belittles humanity as a whole. Rather, Nadalia's nature lies with understanding the vessel of the human soul ... and how it works. In other words, after time has passed... Nadalia has acknowledged the importance of man and therefore, will not smite them off from the land. Experience and contact with specific people can sway Nadalia to become close to whomever, shielding them from harm and bestowing warmth from her own essence to heal said specific people. It can be taken as a 'motherly hold' on the selected individuals.

Weapons: Possessed Armor Sword +10

Powers:
Dance of Fire - Cast a dark flame in a sweeping motion across a targeted area.
Fire Snake - Cast a row of flames, rising up like pillars towards a target.
Flame Swathe - Cast a sudden spark near an enemy that erupts into a powerful, massive explosion.
Iron Flesh - Engulfs one's flesh into pure iron, ensuring high poise and resistance.
Forbidden Sun - Cast a giant, fast moving fireball with such magnitude to deal critical damage.
Warmth - Creates a gentle, warm flame that heals those who touch it.
Outcry - Spouts multiple dark flames around the caster, that would be devastating to anyone who approaches such hellfire.

Flame is the art of the soul, the burning sensation to live. Depending on whom wields such a soul, the fire shall grow in size & power. Nadalia's pyromancy is the most wicked out of all the souls out there, which in fact, the flames itself echo with black streaks alongside the blazing colors.

Many have fought to put an end to the Child of Dark, but met with an agonizing fate. Her influence can certainly take hold of the strongest men and turn them against their former kings. With the art of such monstrous flames, the Bride of Ash can even mold Ash Idols by splitting her soul into them... giving them immediate life. Apart from that, her skills on swordsmanship are on par with an elite knight.

Weakness: Regardless of Nadalia appearing to be a being of sheer reckoning ... she does hold multiple weaknesses. The Iron Queen in her current form is not above immortals, let alone demi-lords. She cannot handle brutal assaults and can likely get wounded like any other member. Also her pyromancy cannot cause heavy damage to those whom are resistant to flames or the dark flames, let alone fire overall.

Her personality blinds the Child of Dark from making a good impression, meaning it's hard to bond with people unless someone is willing to look past her flaws. In combat, Nadalia can only cast so much pyromancy before needing to rest and regain her strength. Performing to much 'Dark Flames' at a given notice can deplete her powers all the quicker. Beyond that, wetting her with enough water will put the Iron Queen at a big disadvantage due to her flesh clinging to the fire within herself. Luckily, in cold areas or environments below zero will not hinder her from casting flames whatsoever.

Backstory (Not Canon to Game): Guarding the forgotten Brume Tower, the Bride of Ash waited for her beloved Iron King to return. What she got instead, was an Undead wanderer who sought out to recover the Iron King's crown. Since Nadalia did not wish for the King's last trace of existence to disappear, she had the entire tower assault the Bearer of the Curse. However, it was all futile for the warrior eventually claimed his/her prize and even destroyed all of her Ashen Idols. Since she split her soul into 12 pieces into each Idol, it was only when the Chosen Undead gathered all 12 of those pieces that they fused into the original soul. Instead of using that soul to craft a weapon or spell, he/she decided to 'free' the soul and allow it to create a form for itself... a human form.

In return for his/her kindness, Nadalia taught him/her the core elements of wielding 'Dark Flames'. Afterwards, Nadalia remained in her broken kingdom, still clinging to the thought that perhaps one day... the Old Iron King may return and make her his Queen. Of course, this also led her to collect souls to maintain her form and master the true power of pyromancy.
Capture Date: 1.05.2016

Query: BlackHarte

Response:

No information found. Last edited by Alice Marlow at 5/16/2016.

Query: Laeta Selmy

Response:

Name: Selmy, Laeta Olivia
Race: Anomalous...System Generated Result: Human(?)
Alignment: Anomalous... System Generated Result: Chaotic Good
Biography: ... Not found.
System encountered fatal error ID.x009Bh134. Kernel crash detected.
Rebooting scrying systems.

Code:
I want a little sister who's strong and beautiful! Someone who's just like mom! She needs to be popular with the boys, and be super cute and cool at the same time. She has to be stylish with long hair, and she has to be sexy in all the right ways.

I want her to love me and hold me like mom did. To listen to my problems and protect me when the world gets too scary.

Huh? Oh. No, I am okay with that. Even though I'm the older sister, she gets to be the coolest. What kind of powers I want her to have? Hm... I want her to be like wolverine! Immortal and undying, with immense strength! I think that could be super cool. She also [i]must[/i] have a strong sense of justice. She needs to be a woman that girls the world over can look up to!

Capture Date: 8.23.2016

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The Rising Dawn

[hr]

Anjali | Teri | Garm​

[hr]

"My name is Anjali." Anjali said. She felt cold, and on display, especially in front of this person for some reason, as she shook her hand. There was something about her that was ... warm, but hurting her. She did not know why.

"It'ss ... no trouble. I like doctors. I mean ... I mean, nice to meet you. Sorry. And nice of you too, Garm ..." She stood back, a bit guarded, after. "I don't really mean to trouble you ... I must be an odd sight, right? I can barely look at my own reflection. I didn't really ask for this, but ..."

At this point, the message from Rugal was coming from the speakers, loud and clear, causing Anjali to wince for a second.

"Ohh ... that wass loud. But, I think I was invited there, too. Now I didn't even get the right dresss ... if there is anything like it? It did not seem so. I mean ... if you want to accompany me, Teri and Garm, that would be nice. Sorry for talking so much, I am a bit nervous."

With that, she started on her way towards the recreation room, not even noticing that she could read the signs despite never having seen the letters before coming here. As she entered the ballroom, she looked, impressed and intimidated, and walked to the side, letting take Teri and Garm take the lead, looking at them with her red eyes, seeking guidance.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The Rising Dawn

[hr]

Mio | B.C. | Party People​

[hr]

Mio looked back at her, at various parts, before grinning and nodding. "That sounds exactly like what I was thinking. I hope they have the right booze.
Oh yeah, and I also know nobody. But that doesn't matter. Every new face is just a friend you have not met yet!"
she laughed, and led B.C. towards the bar.

"Your best, for me and my lady here." she said to the bartender, before going back to checking out B.C.. "Do you see any good targets in here?" she asked. "For making friends of course. My eyesight isn't the best, and it's pretty loud in here. All the better for a party, but we need to really get it started, first."

She put her hand on B.C.s leg, and tried to make out more of the room. "Hmm, I wouldn't go for that red dress, she gives me the creeps. "Maybe ... uh no, this one gives me even more creeps." she said, pointing roughly at Nina. "Wait, isn't that the former captain?"

BlackHarte

the Heart of Darkness
Nov 30, 2014
[HEADING=2]Rising Dawn ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3:10 PM[/HEADING][hr][HEADING=3]Lt. Dolores Selmy[/HEADING]
"The folly of mankind is" "it's desire for independence."

Molly smiled and fell back on the heels of her boots. She looked out at the party, but at nothing in particular. Her eyes held a glimmer of nostalgic pleasure. "What are you thinking about Molly?" I was curious what had made her so suddenly blissful. It was like if someone had shouldered all of her worries in the world.

"Oh," she put her hand on my head, "it's nothing in particular." I loved the feeling of her fingers running through my hair, the soft skin of her fingertips tickled my scalp and sent a pleasurable shiver into my core. "I as just thinking, it's like I've seen this all before. I get the sudden feeling that something lovely is about to happen."

I had forgotten how good Molly's instincts were. I waved at Avanovanov and her in turned hit the conductor on the back of the head with a flung toothpick. The conductor turned around and was furious at the lack of decorum, but he knew what he had to do. He waved his wand and the bows hit the strings to a different tune. With a second wave he set the pianist into motion as well.

Molly suddenly stiffened up, "Le Cygne?"

I could hear John's advancing footsteps from outside. The sound of his leather shoes were unique. They clacked against the floor sharply with a full-bodied echo indicative of a caliber of civility so many in the modern world lacked. They were the footsteps of a proper gentleman.

"Kind of an obscure song isn't it?" Molly giggled. She sat down on the arm of my wheelchair. "It doesn't really fit the mood of this party. This song is more like... a ballroom song. For rich people doing rich people things, right?"

"Well, I suppose so, yes." I put my hand over hers, "But I know you like this song. When we were kids you would always talk about how you wanted to get engaged in a great big ballroom in a floating castle to a song like this."

"Those were fantasies of a schoolgirl Dolly, a girl like me would never have the chance. I'm a thousand times too rough around the edges for high society." She looked out at the party again.

"Well you have John now right? He's pretty much prince charming." The footsteps were getting closer now. I signaled Thomas to take control of the lighting crew. The lights dimmed.

"I'm content with being his mistress. A girl like me, ah. I've got no chance in hell with competing with whatever arranged fiance the Langley family has readied for him." Molly leaned back, "Even if I'm just his whore, I'll be happy with just that."

The long pulls of the cello masked John's approaching footsteps. I looked back, holding Kyuubey tightly around its thin body. John looked amazing with his hair styled back, a white tuxedo and a red rose tucked in his breast pocket. He had the package in his hands. Elizabeth followed closely behind him with the recording crew.

"You'll give up getting engaged to a wealthy French prince in a castle in the sky?" I asked.

"What good is it to hold on to such a fleeting fairy tale?" Molly looked at me like I had lost my mind. "Are you sure you're okay Dolly? You're acting kind of strange."

Kyuubey looked up at the ventilation shaft.

The song started to ebb toward it's end. And with the final string ringing in the silence of the room a soft voice flowed through the entire room like silken chocolate.

[HEADING=3]"Molli, veux-tu m'epouser?"[/HEADING]​

bluerocker

Sep 22, 2011

[hr]

Teri smiled warmly at Anjali, and waved her over, [color=0E59E4]"Hey, don't worry so much. We'll get you something to eat and I can introduce you to my dad. He was the guy that made the announcement. He looks scary, but he's a cool guy, promise!"[/color]

She began to move ahead, waving Anjali over to the selection of different foods, excitement clearly painted on her face. Adel finally cooled down and a chance to make a new friend at a party? She needed the time to decompress.

Garm perked up at the sound of food, his tail wagging excitedly. Looking over to Anjali, the big wolf chuffed, [color=356D60]"I wouldn't worry about clothes. I'm not wearing anything and no one seems to care."[/color]

---

Meanwhile, back with the group exchanging pleasantries, Caim found himself thrown into a battlefield he was sorely inexperienced with - talking at a party. Between Rugal informing him something was funky and Dolores's greeting, the awkward prince tried to give a disarming smile (which probably looked more like an animal bearing its fangs) while the PDA rattled out,
Code:
"Nothing so serious. I was just coming to pay my respects. I was told you were the one who set up this all up."
he allowed for a pause, then added,
Code:
"And my better half says I need to practice something other than swinging a sword."
His gaze flickered between Kyubey sitting on Dolores' shoulder and Nina, who was sporting her black squishy friend in a similar manner. He recognized her as the girl he had found earlier in that base, and gave a small nod when she looked his way. Good, she wasn't hurting like he had seen earlier before. Nina gave him a little wave as she departed to the food trays, and he tried his best to return the gesture, his stiff demeanor only lending to the gesture looking somewhat comical at his expense.
Meanwhile, over the rings, Caim contacted Rugal again, voicing his suspicions about some members of this even, "Do you know anything about that pet on the Lieutenant's shoulder? Something about it seems off. It doesn't seem to blink. I don't like it."

At a different side of the ballroom, Angelus shuddered as she felt Phillip's acknowledgement run over her. She wasn't terribly familiar with the creature or it's bearer, but she would stay well away from both in the meantime. She kept to herself as she continued her sweep of the party, noting the arrival of their Cleric and her pair of friends, as well as B.C. and Mio's fashionably late arrival. However, as she swept the room, she saw movement by Caim's location. Her sharp eyes darted over to that group, and she saw the little white creature on Dolores' shoulder look up towards the ceiling. Angelus sniffed the air and noted something familiar about it hiding underneath the scents of food - but it was sorely out of place. She cautiously edged towards where the spot on the ceiling would be, playing off her suspicions for investigating a different table, and sniffed again. This time however, the dragoness only found herself confused as she realized what the scent reminded her of -

"Cadolbolg?"

Before she could question this further - the entry doors opened, heralding the arrival of John...

---
(A few moments before, and happening at about the same time as Angelus' part)

Back to the little gathering of Rugal, Caim, and Dolores again, Teri and Garm had managed to drag Anjali along; one of her hands full with a selection of little finger foods for herself and Garm. She gave her mentor a wave and excitedly spoke up, [color=0E59E4]"Hey Dad! Sorry we took so long to get here; that thing I mentioned I had to do took a little while, but this nice lady here helped us out with it! Her name's Anjali. Anjali, this is my Dad and teacher, Rugal Bernstein."[/color] her voice dropped a little as she whispered, [color=0E59E4][sub]"She's a bit shy and was worried about her outfit, so please be nice?"[/sub][/color] She took a cocktail meatball and fed it to her wolf, who seemed to be happy at the gesture, and continued, [color=0E59E4]"So how's the party been while I've been gon-"[/color]

She was cut off by John's very dramatic entrance, and the reverberating, yet gentle, refrain that was his proposal...But not knowing any French, the young Cleric only looked confused by the whole affair, looking between the display and Rugal for some sense of clarity.

---

Up in the vents, Cadolbolg felt a jolt of fear run through his little body - he'd been spotted! Twice! The turtle dragon scuttled back from his viewing point for a split second, and then moved forward again, looking down at the party. Some guy with a big package in his hands walked in, and everyone's attention was being drawn to his display. All was quiet, and in his bones, the little turtle-dragon had the distinct fear that something bad was about to happen - calm always preceded a storm, and the apparent replication/spying of the white and pink creature only made this fear worse. He tapped into his pact-link with Ton Ton and worriedly called out to his older brother, "Hey Ton Ton, I learned something really creepy! You know that pink thing David shot? I just found another one - alive at the party Mother and Father and everyone else is at, and I think it saw me looking at it. On top of that, I learned something else. It's been watching us. It's been all over the ship! I smelled it at different vents in the ship; near the Med Bay, the Canteen - everywhere! Something really weird is going on, and I don't understand it. Can you and David get over here, like now?"

[hr]

David West | Laeta | Nadalia | [color=15650D]Ton Ton[/color]​
[hr]

In one moment, Ton Ton was acting out his part as a friendly little stuffed Tonberry - but in the other, the crash course in fleshiness came back. When you're a stuffed animal, sometimes a very small child will nibble on you. This never happened to Ton Ton personally, as he was caring for a child who had grown past this stage. However, this sort of thing usually hurt a creature of the plush - as they were meant to be there for a child in practically every respect. What Ton Ton had forgotten, was that he was no longer a stuffed animal, and also learned very quickly that Laeta was not a normal teenage girl.

When he was pulled away by Blackharte, he cried out, [color=15650D]"She bit me?! Why did she do that!?"[/color]

Code:
[b]"Do not be alarmed. She is not under the influence of anything. This is a natural part of her metabolism."[/b]
He paused.
Code:
[b]"That being said, I would recommend that we all move swiftly in the opposite direction while we discuss the nature of this incident. I am sure that Mistress Laeta will catch up with us once she is more lucid."[/b]
[color=15650D]"What does that even - okay, whatever, fine! Let's run, I like that idea."[/color]

The little Tonberry tried his best to follow after David and Blackharte, his wee little legs having a hard time matching up with what were effectively giants to him. As they ran along, Blackharte tore into David about having a lack of braincells and/or the capacity to use them, the Tonberry voiced a small protest of [color=15650D]"Hey, you shouldn't say things like that...."[/color] before David took care of the assault on his own; following with attempting to do...something? Something that involved a lot of thinking, it looked like. He looked ready to say something, before he was hit with Cadolbolg's pact message, feeling his younger friend's fear and anxiety wash over him in the process. Ton Ton reflexively curled towards himself, before he tried to get the others attention, [color=15650D]"H-hey, Cadolbolg just something weird's happening in the ballroom - among other things. He said there's another one of those white creatures in there and it's been running all over the ship watching us! I think we need to go!"[/color]

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
[hr]

[hr]

"....That-...is-....something..." David stammered as he realized something was very wrong about their current situation.
He began to back away slightly from Laeta as he tried to make sense of what he just saw/did.
"...Hey guys...ummm...you know that I think I-..."Interfaced" with?...Well, I'm just after viewing your-..."Files" for lack of a better term and-..." He trailed off before motioning the group (Except Laeta) closer.
"[sub]Whoever Alice Marlow is, she has access to rather detailed information on the crew. She even has stupid shit like something about me being insecure, Nadalia's time at Brume Tower, she even knows about your Mistress, Ton. This is some Author-level shit. Whoever the hell she is, she has more intel on us then should even be humanly possible and it's all stuck inside my head![/sub]" He spoke in a hushed tone before glancing back at Laeta.
"[sub]And apparently, she had something to do with Laeta's-...Creation I think? There was nowhere near as much information on her, just a message about-...someone wanting a little sister, with immortality powers like hers. Fuck this Twilight Zone shit, man...[/sub]" He then added right before Ton Ton brought up his brother's findings at the party.
"Seriously? There's more of them?! Fine, lets go. I'll try and find out what else I can from this-...Database-...bullshit..." He then sighed before the group began to make their way to the party.

Along the way, David winced again as he attempted to run a query on Alice Marlow, as well as one on the Host of said party: Dolores Selmy.
"OW!....Piss!...Uhhhh, this is injecting a raw hangover into my brain. Fuck..."