The Escapist Background Contest: It's Time to Cast Your Vote!

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
I love the red background, it got my vote.
But whats up with the Llamas, I never got that meme?

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
I wen't for space, since the other backgrounds didn't feel like they'd advertise the escapist inproperly to new visitors and a minecraft background? Seriously? This website is for well...FUCKING EVERYTHING!!! Like space.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
I like the red scene and the moon background
Couldn't decide, went for red scene
Moon seems to be winning however, all fine in my opinion, as red scene is still in there, I could alternate between the two :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Damn that Space one was absolutely beautiful. Voted! I'm also glad Redlin's one got put on anyway :p.

Mar 30, 2010
Dammit, I can't choose between Red Scene and Space!

Random Fella said:
Moon seems to be winning however, all fine in my opinion, as red scene is still in there, I could alternate between the two :D
Also can't get my opinion in without being ninja'd, apparently. :D

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:

Random Fella said:
Look further up, I got ninjad too, someone wishing they could be combined xD

Mar 30, 2010
Random Fella said:
Grouchy Imp said:

Random Fella said:
Look further up, I got ninjad too, someone wishing they could be combined xD
I do believe you're correct! +1 for the shared/alternating Red & Space themes.

robodukky

Jul 7, 2010
Hey, my name's on the background! Cheers Redlin, that just brightened up my day.

As for what I voted for, I just found the cat one to be so ludicrous with their hilarious faces I had to choose it.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
It's a tough choice between Outer Space, Red Scene and Signature background. And my name is there which is awesome. Thanks Redlin. I think I'll vote the space one though. I could stare that for a long time.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Caramel Frappe said:
Wanted to ask- it's not really about my submission (though relates) but why didn't the other awesome submissions make it? I was downright sure the user who submitted the 'Alien Background' would make it in, and other really cool ones. Who voted for certain submissions to make it in and those who didn't make it in- does The Escapist keep/hold onto our submissions (because I do want my Tiger Background to be useful somehow.)
Some were turned down for copyright issues, others for general composition, and some for just plain preference.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Misclicked and voted for Escapist Fighters instead of Llamas.
Ohwell, it looks like space is going to win at this rate.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Awesome work to all of the backgrounds, but I got to give it to the cats. Very funny, so it gets my vote. I love the space one, too. Red one is really nice, but I'm not sure it'd work well as the background. Still, really, really nice image.

Took me a while to find my name, but I got it! Thanks Redlin5!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Well, that's all folks! Red Scene, Cats and Outer Space seem to be the winners, in addition to the aforementioned Escapist Wall of Names/Awesomeness.

Thanks again to everyone that took part, we really enjoyed it!

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Nasrin said:
Well, that's all folks! Red Scene, Cats and Outer Space seem to be the winners, in addition to the aforementioned Escapist Wall of Names/Awesomeness.

When does the wall of names become available? I can't see it on my list...

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
TheBobmus said:
Nasrin said:

When does the wall of names become available? I can't see it on my list...
Yes! I'm sorry for the delay, our art team is taking a moment to make the Name and Date at the top a bit more shiny for your pleasure. It should be out soon!