The Escapist BRAWL Part 1!!!! Select your Characters!!!!

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
SweetShark said:
MercurySteam said:
If its not to late to throw my hat in them in going with Sergeant Frank Delgado from Clive Barker's Jericho

[I MG]http://media. giantbomb.com/u ploads/0/4432/190 135-delgado_large.jpg[/IMG]

You can't ignore the minigun or the 50. cal customised pistol. And did I mention he's a pyromancer? And is a badass to boot.

The game was published by Mercury Steam Entertainment, in case you were wondering.
Sorry for saying this, but you are late to put an character in the roster.
But you are welcome to join in the second part of my Escapist Brawl event when I write down the rules.
Cheers, onto the next.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
theemporer said:
SweetShark said:
Caasi113 said:
Quick question,what are the limits on items? I'm guessing Link would have the master sword but could he use the triforce? Could Marty use the delorean?

Just wanna be clear :)
Right now, I don't have a clear answer to give you for your question.
The reason is the second part it will be for "Rivals/Allies Match" as I told in other post of mine.
So right now it is not so important, but I will think about it in the future.

With that said, I hope I help you with my answer.

Cheers!
It would make more sense to allow any items, considering that some characters are pretty much gods without anything anyway.
Certain items should be restricted, especially if only the characters from the games the item appears in gets to use it. Otherwise Goku can just stack senzu beans and become unbeatable.

Also, whatever planet it takes place on, we shouldn't be able to destroy it, as that gives certain characters a ridiculous advantage.

On that note, am I allowed to infect the squishies with the Mercer virus? And if so, can I make my squishy partners Evolved?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
wintercoat said:
theemporer said:
SweetShark said:
Caasi113 said:
Quick question,what are the limits on items? I'm guessing Link would have the master sword but could he use the triforce? Could Marty use the delorean?

Just wanna be clear :)
Right now, I don't have a clear answer to give you for your question.
The reason is the second part it will be for "Rivals/Allies Match" as I told in other post of mine.
So right now it is not so important, but I will think about it in the future.

With that said, I hope I help you with my answer.

Cheers!
It would make more sense to allow any items, considering that some characters are pretty much gods without anything anyway.
Certain items should be restricted, especially if only the characters from the games the item appears in gets to use it. Otherwise Goku can just stack senzu beans and become unbeatable.

Also, whatever planet it takes place on, we shouldn't be able to destroy it, as that gives certain characters a ridiculous advantage.

On that note, am I allowed to infect the squishies with the Mercer virus? And if so, can I make my squishy partners Evolved?
Indeed, that why when we reach the part with the fights, Marek will announce the "unofficial" rules that will be apply for all fights.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
SweetShark said:
Indeed, that why when we reach the part with the fights, Marek will announce the "unofficial" rules that will be apply for all fights.
Does that mean that all the fights have the same balance restrictions or are they unique to each matchup?

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
Hope that the Fights are tried to be on relatively the same level IE: No Lee versus Goku.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Javarock said:
Hope that the Fights are tried to be on relatively the same level IE: No Lee versus Goku.
It'll get a bit difficult towards the finals, is the thing - apparently there's going to be rules to balance out everyone's power levels. Nobody knows the specifics yet, though.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Auninteligentname said:
No possibillity for Samus? I am dissapoint. Oh well, I go for Iji.

She is one of earth's few survivors and makes aliens piss themselves, just like Samus. She's from the independently released freeware game, Iji.
Being the guy that pitched Quote into the fray, I would like to say that Iji would be a freaking dope addition to Team Indie. She's built like a tank and is armed with enough crazy sci-fi weapons to make Liberty Prime piss himself.

I hope you are still taking in new characters.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
Auninteligentname said:
No possibillity for Samus? I am dissapoint. Oh well, I go for Iji.

She is one of earth's few survivors and makes aliens piss themselves, just like Samus. She's from the independently released freeware game, Iji.
Being the guy that pitched Quote into the fray, I would like to say that Iji would be a freaking dope addition to Team Indie. She's built like a tank and is armed with enough crazy sci-fi weapons to make Liberty Prime piss himself.

I hope you are still taking in new characters.
Nope, sorry for saying but we reached the 100 characters, so no other characters can come in.
Maybe the next Tournament you will be more lucky.

Remaiki

Jan 2, 2013
GrimGrimoire said:
leet_x1337 said:
The independent team may not be full, but all of them are packing a lot of long-range heat, and all of them have defeated some insanely powerful foes, including literal gods. Not the most durable up close, but they don't need to be - getting into melee range with any of them is a task and a half.

Especially given that Reimu can fly, Quote has a jetpack and Isaac is Isaac. Which means he's going to be getting a lot of upgrades as time goes on. Including, perhaps, something like Lord of the Pit.
Yeah, Team Independent is looking good. I'm surprised that the Touhou Project is represented (even though I would prefer Patchouli), and if we throw the whole Spellcard System out of the window, they have a chance of competing amongst the strongest teams. Isaac could probably also shake things The Dice (although I don't know how useful it would be). I dont know anything about Quote though.
Just thinking, I'm pretty sure that if we threw the Spellcard System away, Reimu would be unbeatable, if anyone remembers what she can actually do. For those that don't know, Reimu's ability is listed as being able to 'float' which is pretty shitty given that around ~everyone can fly in the Touhou universe. However, in Imperishable Night (one of the Touhou games), there is a Spellcard (stylised attack) that meant that Reimu sprayed bullets at you while you couldn't shoot her, and the only way to beat the Spellcard was to wait until the time ran out. The reason given for this is that she floats away from reality itself. If there are no Spellcard Rules which enforce a time limit to stop her being unbeatable, then she can be literally unbeatable.

Just a thought about balancing issues.

(Oh, and I'd prefer Marisa, despite Patchy being my favourite character(see: my avatar). Marisa would just represent Touhou in a much more better and much more badass way, but eh...)

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
leet_x1337 said:
SweetShark said:
Does that mean that all the fights have the same balance restrictions or are they unique to each matchup?
The only thing I can say is to see the Tournament as it is:
It is just a game.
Like in many Versus Videogames, is all about the balance between all the fighters.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Remaiki said:
(Oh, and I'd prefer Marisa, despite Patchy being my favourite character(see: my avatar). Marisa would just represent Touhou in a much more better and much more badass way, but eh...)
Actually, thinking about who's on the indie team now, if I'd known it'd come out like this I've have submitted Youmu (though Quote might be able to use King's sword as a melee weapon...) As for whether Reimu or Marisa would be more appropriate, I just think Reimu doesn't get enough love.

SweetShark

Jan 9, 2012
It seems I finally found a solution how the "fights" will work out, when the time come.
The only thing I need now is to create the new Thread.
I will start it tommorow. Thankfully I have time to spend for this to happen ^^.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
SweetShark said:
The only thing I can say is to see the Tournament as it is:
It is just a game.
Like in many Versus Videogames, is all about the balance between all the fighters.
Actually, here's something interesting - in Street Fighter Alpha, Dan Hibiki was included literally as a crack at The King of Fighters' marketing. Totally worthless as a pick, unless you wanted to ensure that your friends would never be able to show their faces at that arcade again. In Street Fighter 4, Dan is actually somewhat viable, though still markedly different and outwardly weaker than Ryu and Ken.

A similar thing goes for Jigglypuff in Smash Bros - it has the lowest weight of any character, but high priority and above-average aerials mean that it can actually take on anyone who drops their guard...

And we definitely have at least one joke character. Wonder how lethal he can actually be, though.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
SweetShark said:
I will start it tommorow.
As the one who nominated Isaac, I eagerly await your call to battle. Will those of us who nominated contestants receive notification of when our participation is needed, or shall the price of entry be vigilance?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Speaking of - how long will we have to put our part in? I won't be able to spend as much time as I have here over the next month or so.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
momijirabbit said:
Activision - Tony Hawk

http://img.cheathappens.com/walls/gwp_thaw_1_7.jpg

I'm sorry momijirabbit, I don't mean to call you out, but this has been happening in this thread way too much. All spots are filled, the next phase of the brawl will start later. Whatever sympathy I may have had for you missing your chance to suggest a combatant evaporated along with your willingness to read what the OP had put in the first post in big bold letters.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Eomega123 said:
I'm sorry momijirabbit, I don't mean to call you out, but this has been happening in this thread way too much. All spots are filled, the next phase of the brawl will start later. Whatever sympathy I may have had for you missing your chance to suggest a combatant evaporated along with your willingness to read what the OP had put in the first post in big bold letters.
To be fair, nowhere does it outright say that no new entries are being accepted.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Oh yeah, back on the subject of fighting game stuff, alternate costumes:

The girl on the right is also Reimu, but from the original series - when it moves over to Windows in 2002, the series was rebooted and Reimu's hair colour changed from purple to black (or dark brown depending on the artist.) That's not supposed to be a crack at people complaining about DmC, before anyone gets on my case.

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
To be fair, nowhere does it outright say that no new entries are being accepted.
I'd say that the specific mention that 100 characters will be selected, plus the message that 100 characters had been selected, combine to form the message that all characters had been selected.
1) Untill X occurs, you may continue to do Y.
2) X has occured.
3) Therefore, cease Y
Plus the multiple times the OP has had to state it directly to people who came late to the party. I don't mean to offend, but it's really grinding my gears. This appears to be a thread that may take some degree of attention from those who contribute to it, so it would be nice if those wishing to contribute read and understood it.