The Escapist Community and Forums Codex & Index & Guides

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Daedalus1942 said:
Would anyone be able to enlighten me to any degree of how I would possibly go about becoming a moderator?
I feel I would be a valuable asset to the site, and would like to help keep this community as objective, friendly and non-discriminatory as possible.

"I fight for the Users!"
-Tabs<3-
Just be helpful to other users and staff members. Kuliani will ask you if you're interested in becoming a moderator if it gets to the point where we need more moderators and he decides that you would make a good addition to the team. Until then, there isn't anything you can do other than being as good a user as possible.
 

Daedalus1942

New member
Jun 26, 2009
4,170
0
0
Zombie_Fish said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Would anyone be able to enlighten me to any degree of how I would possibly go about becoming a moderator?
I feel I would be a valuable asset to the site, and would like to help keep this community as objective, friendly and non-discriminatory as possible.

"I fight for the Users!"
-Tabs<3-
Just be helpful to other users and staff members. Kuliani will ask you if you're interested in becoming a moderator if it gets to the point where we need more moderators and he decides that you would make a good addition to the team. Until then, there isn't anything you can do other than being as good a user as possible.
Is there anything that would disqualify me? I do my best to be as helpful and objective as possible (look at the recent dealio with LegendaryGamer0) I didn't lose my cool then despite being friends with Sam as well , but there were a few mishaps half a year or so ago that coyld be considered blemishes on my record I guess you would say.
Someone basically said my opinion on every subject was invalid because I actually enjoyed Sonic unleashed.
I.. kind of got a tad hostile.
-Tabs<3-
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Daedalus1942 said:
Is there anything that would disqualify me? I do my best to be as helpful and objective as possible (look at the recent dealio with LegendaryGamer0) I didn't lose my cool then despite being friends with Sam as well , but there were a few mishaps half a year or so ago that coyld be considered blemishes on my record I guess you would say.
Someone basically said my opinion on every subject was invalid because I actually enjoyed Sonic unleashed.
I.. kind of got a tad hostile.
-Tabs<3-
Bad history fades over time with enough good work. About half the Red Guard have recieved some form of punishment in the past before they got their position (I'm one of the only two Red Guards to have Neo, and even I'm willing to admit that I have a history of low content/ aggressive posts from when I first joined) and one of our former mods was previously banned from this site before proving that he had learned his lesson and eventually becoming trusted enough to join the team.

Almost one and a half years ago I felt that my posting history was so bad that I contemplated just making a new account and starting again, just over a year later some of the regulars regarded me as one of the best users on the site and I was asked if I was interested in becoming a moderator. Like I said, do enough good stuff and people start to care less about the bad stuff you've done before.
 

Daedalus1942

New member
Jun 26, 2009
4,170
0
0
Zombie_Fish said:
Daedalus1942 said:
Is there anything that would disqualify me? I do my best to be as helpful and objective as possible (look at the recent dealio with LegendaryGamer0) I didn't lose my cool then despite being friends with Sam as well , but there were a few mishaps half a year or so ago that coyld be considered blemishes on my record I guess you would say.
Someone basically said my opinion on every subject was invalid because I actually enjoyed Sonic unleashed.
I.. kind of got a tad hostile.
-Tabs<3-
Bad history fades over time with enough good work. About half the Red Guard have recieved some form of punishment in the past before they got their position (I'm one of the only two Red Guards to have Neo, and even I'm willing to admit that I have a history of low content/ aggressive posts from when I first joined) and one of our former mods was previously banned from this site before proving that he had learned his lesson and eventually becoming trusted enough to join the team.

Almost one and a half years ago I felt that my posting history was so bad that I contemplated just making a new account and starting again, just over a year later some of the regulars regarded me as one of the best users on the site and I was asked if I was interested in becoming a moderator. Like I said, do enough good stuff and people start to care less about the bad stuff you've done before.
Awesome! I will do my absolute best to help keep this site free from prejudice, biggotry, and ignorance!
I fight for the Users!
-Tabs<3-
 

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
48,837
0
0
Hey there, a friend of mine just made a new group index thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.259599-User-Groups-Help-thread-Index]. You might want to update this thread even though its been stickied.

Just thought I'd pass along the word.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
Updates. Updates everywhere.

XxRyanxX said:
Redlin5 said:
Other words
Done.

Added Show About Games Show to videos, and also replaced old events with March Mayhem.

I swear sometime I'll also do an epic amount of work on the written articles piece section, sorry about any confusion there (something I've wanted to do for a while), I just don't have the time for now.
 

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
1,961
0
0
Zombie_Fish said:
Updates. Updates everywhere.

XxRyanxX said:
Redlin5 said:
Other words
Done.

Added Show About Games Show to videos, and also replaced old events with March Mayhem.

I swear sometime I'll also do an epic amount of work on the written articles piece (something I've wanted to do for a while), I just don't have the time for now.
Which written article piece?
 

mParadox

Susurration
May 5, 2020
28,600
0
0
Country
Germany
Two things:

A) [user]Marter[/user], has created the User Reviews Forum Rules [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.284840-User-Reviews-Forum-Rules] page.

B) I have created the Forum Gaming Guide [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.285373-Forum-Gaming-Guide].

Even though both of 'em are stickied, it'll be much appreciated if they are also added to the index. =)
 

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
1,961
0
0
mParadox said:
Two things:

A) [user]Marter[/user], has created the User Reviews Forum Rules [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.284840-User-Reviews-Forum-Rules] page.

B) I have created the Forum Gaming Guide [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/362.285373-Forum-Gaming-Guide].

Even though both of 'em are stickied, it'll be much appreciated if they are also added to the index. =)
I love how my formating has become the standard of the Escapist's guides :p

I will get on it right now.
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
The old badge gallery has now been replaced with this one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.282858]. If you could change the current link in your index then that would be great.
 

FPSfanatic

New member
Sep 21, 2011
4,772
0
0
I was wondering, how do I place spoilers? I mean how do I make it so you have to click on something to show it?
 

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
4,585
0
0
FPSfanatic said:
I was wondering, how do I place spoilers? I mean how do I make it so you have to click on something to show it?
[spoiler]*text goes here*[/spoiler]

The end result of that is:

*text goes here*

If you want the spoiler to have a title then it's [spoiler=*spoiler title*]*text goes here*[/spoiler], which results in:

*text goes here*
 

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
1,743
0
0
Claymorez said:
[li]A Guide to all the Badges and how to get them all [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.84454][/li]
You may want to update that link.
 

Cavan

New member
Jan 17, 2011
486
0
0
I would like to mention that there is a public teamspeak server open to anybody from the escapist community (and beyond) who wants to be there.

The current details are:

uk.clanwarz.com:1103

There is no password.

I have been offered a larger mumble server from a person who already runs a non profit server for a different community and his server has a lot of free space and he's willing to set us up with our own mumble.
 

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
48,837
0
0
Aylaine said:
This thread needs to be updated a bit. Any moderators up to the task? :3
I don't think they heard you...

[HEADING=2]Any mod caught updating this thread will receive free cake![/HEADING]

Maybe that'll help?
 

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
12,760
0
0
Redlin5 said:
Aylaine said:
This thread needs to be updated a bit. Any moderators up to the task? :3
I don't think they heard you...

[HEADING=2]Any mod caught updating this thread will receive free cake![/HEADING]

Maybe that'll help?
Yo, where's my cake?
Aylaine said:
This thread needs to be updated a bit. Any moderators up to the task? :3
I did my very best, but I always tend to miss things out. I've added the new Video features, as well as moving some old ones into the Archive bit.

Also updated all the Moderators. Now [user]ChristopherRobin[/user] is on the board! :D
 

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
12,760
0
0
Updated again on 16th of April 2013.

Added all the new video features, plus some new written features. Moved some over to the archives section, and added in a few spoilers to make the OP a bit smaller, so it's faster to get to the section you want.
 

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
1,961
0
0
Hmmm. I feel it has been a while but at some point in the next month I will try to find the time to clean this up/update it.
 

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
12,760
0
0
Caramel Frappe said:
Claymorez said:
Hmmm. I feel it has been a while but at some point in the next month I will try to find the time to clean this up/update it.
Good to see you're still here man! ^_^

Speaking of which, should we (if we hold any tutorial/guide threads) update ours as well? As in, anything we should include information wise or structural wise? Just checking because the website itself went under some changes too.
It's probably a good idea to review/update any threads you've made with that kind of information. =]