The Escapist Countdown to Shutdown Thread: What’s Next?

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
By now most are aware of what’s been happening regarding the escapist in general -

Since Video Games is by far the busiest forum section, let’s use this thread to keep up with the latest news on this specifically. Odds are we’ll all soon need a new place to carry on with our discussions.

This forum has a rare camaraderie that would be a shame to lose. I mean really, where the fuck else can the inmates carry on all civil-like without any guards or warden present?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Go towards to wherever Nick and the others are. There's also the DMC forums, but I have to request for a new username. I keep trying to request a password reset for my old username, but nobody responded once. It's still active there, but it's not even as active as it is here anymore. There's more activity here than that forum. I didn't, I am not touching any of the other official journalist sites forums, I hate Reddit, and Easy Allies They only use discord now, as I been meaning to put a username there a long while back.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
"focused on creating content that's informative, interesting and fun, and everything that you came to expect from the team behind The Escapist."
Good on them.

I hope that'll keep them afloat, I couldn't judge because sadly I haven't interacted with any of their content in almost a decade.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Good on them.

I hope that'll keep them afloat, I couldn't judge because sadly I haven't interacted with any of their content in almost a decade.

Hopefully there will be another discussion forum there too and not just videos.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I agree, if there's a forum on the new site I guess I'll go there, otherwise we'll have to find somewhere else. I don't have any suggestions, though, I don't really post anywhere but here and sometimes reddit(which I hate).

Does anybody else think that calling the new site "Second Wind" kind of dumb? Like, it'd be nice to have a brand that wasn't a direct reference to the fact that you quit/were fired from your old job and were starting again.

Reactions: bluegate

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I agree, if there's a forum on the new site I guess I'll go there, otherwise we'll have to find somewhere else. I don't have any suggestions, though, I don't really post anywhere but here and sometimes reddit(which I hate).

Does anybody else think that calling the new site "Second Wind" kind of dumb? Like, it'd be nice to have a brand that wasn't a direct reference to the fact that you quit/were fired from your old job and were starting again.
I dunno, I kinda like it

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I agree, that name does a poor job of conveying the sort of website it is.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

It makes sense though IMO and isn’t a negative connotation in this case.

Second wind is a phenomenon in endurance sports, such as marathons or road running (as well as other sports), whereby an athlete who is out of breath and too tired to continue (known as "hitting the wall"), finds the strength to press on at top performance with less exertion.

Maybe they “hit their wall” working under Gamurs (now that’s an actual stupid dumb fucking name).

Now, let’s jam mofos -

Last edited:

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
How do you have your entire staff walk out on you at once? And how the hell is The Escapist incapable of going for a handful of years without a case of egregious mismanagement?

I thought things had been going fairly smoothly since the new site launched and now this is happening.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
How do you have your entire staff walk out on you at once? And how the hell is The Escapist incapable of going for a handful of years without a case of egregious mismanagement?

I thought things had been going fairly smoothly since the new site launched and now this is happening.
This whole thing made Forbes, which goes into more detail -