The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Pocket Monsters

Angrypudding

Dec 11, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk6pW1CJnBY

Looked up Tejeti on Youtube and found this link about Pocket Monsters. F'ing hilarious!

Colossus08

Dec 7, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Colossus08 said:
Then why don't you actually voice YOUR opinion instead of being all cryptic and such. Say what you're really thinking, because we'd all LOVE to know.
Wait are you talking to me? If so you should really have quoted me or put my name in it or something. If not then my apologies.

I don't really see how I was being cryptic. All I was trying to say is what is good and what isn't is an opinion. As opposed to a fact which it was being stated as.

And I don't really see how my opinion has anything to do with that point but OK, if you really want to know. I thought it was quite good, and would be well used to fill the gap left by TWBB.

Of course you could be being sarcastic, it's hard to tell in text. If this is indeed the case I must ask why the attitude? What did I do to deserve that kind of thing?
okay, i guess that came out a bit harsh. i was just trying to gain an understanding as to what you were talking about. i was confused and i apologize.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Woem said:
This is indeed impressive. Won't there be any legal issues with a Pokemon copyright infringement though?
Not if it's used in parody, I believe.

I could be wrong though.

Also, you got my vote.

Danji

Nov 15, 2009
Angrypudding said:

Looked up Tejeti on Youtube and found this link about Pocket Monsters. F'ing hilarious!
That's hilarious. I found this link through your post right after finishing my second whore-out video. I wish it was a bit funnier though. It was still pretty good.

tejeti

Oct 19, 2009
Angrypudding said:

Wow, that's cool I guess. Just kinda made that as a fun video for our friends to see...

I'm very humbled by all the feedback (positive and critical), simply because we worked very hard on the project, and it's cool to see some comments.

Thanks to all for the votes!

Hope to continue the series...and if not...crawling into a hole and dying sounds fun.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Worst ADR I've ever seen and you guys could work on acting a bit more natural but the premise is enough for me to forgive those otherwise deal breaking flaws. I hope to see more of this soon.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Oh sweet Jesus McChrist. As soon as I saw the first lightning flash I knew what the premise was going to be...and I fell in love with it.

I want to see more of this.

OMG Aero

Feb 11, 2009
Amazing video, I loved the take on Team Rocket.
I am interested in seeing how you handle showing the Pokemon though.

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
Tejeti, I just want to say that as of right now, you have two posts and I have 299, and you have five awesome badges I don't have, and one of which I have precious little hope of obtaining. You, sir, have the touch, and the power.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Hmm. This one is probally the only decent one I've seen so far. And the guy that plays Brock is a pretty solid actor.

You got my vote.

Jiveturkey124

Jan 13, 2009
This doesnt hold a candle to TWBB, anyone saying so obviously hasnt watched an episode of that series.

I didnt like it simply because it didnt have any "Pokemon" touches put in. I mean yea Ash is wearing the same hat as in the games but come on? I mean really if this series gets picked up it needs to stop being so much of a "War" show and more of an actual "Pokemon" show.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
1337girlFTW said:
Great video! But Jesse and James is kinda... scary... Voted
Personally I'm kind of glad they aren't so stupid you can't quite take them seriously even when they have Pikachu kidnaped and things should be looking bad (like in the anime series). My only problem is that it looked like one of them said something without the mask's mouth moving (unless it was Giovanni that said "we like making friends")

Angrypudding

Dec 11, 2009
WaderiAAA said:
1337girlFTW said:
Personally I'm kind of glad they aren't so stupid you can't quite take them seriously even when they have Pikachu kidnaped and things should be looking bad (like in the anime series). My only problem is that it looked like one of them said something without the mask's mouth moving (unless it was Giovanni that said "we like making friends")
Is the masks mouth supposed to move?

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Angrypudding said:
WaderiAAA said:
1337girlFTW said:
That depends on whether Jesse and James are actually supposed to be wearing masks, or whether the masks are suppsoed to be what their faces really looks like. If I am correct that the later is the case, it should (or they should be wearing face paint rather than masks)

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Percutio said:
Jiveturkey124 said:
This doesnt hold a candle to TWBB, anyone saying so obviously hasnt watched an episode of that series.

I didnt like it simply because it didnt have any "Pokemon" touches put in. I mean yea Ash is wearing the same hat as in the games but come on? I mean really if this series gets picked up it needs to stop being so much of a "War" show and more of an actual "Pokemon" show.
Well if that wasn't a pompous opening statement... Anyways I believe people are entitled to their opinions, but personally I enjoy the fact that they have added their own original spin on it without falling into a pit of cliches.
Ditto. This is dark humour in the same way TWBB is, and they change the loveable pokemon into dangerous creatures the same way TWBB turns a brutal king into a spiritual one.

Shockware

Dec 11, 2009
WaderiAAA said:
Angrypudding said:
WaderiAAA said:
1337girlFTW said:
That depends on whether Jesse and James are actually supposed to be wearing masks, or whether the masks are suppsoed to be what their faces really looks like. If I am correct that the later is the case, it should (or they should be wearing face paint rather than masks)
I think they are just suppose to be wearing masks IMO. Like masked psycho killers. Like instead of how it is in the cartoon where they are bad, but always stupid laughable bad guys, their faces are just stupid laughable masks that show that they are actually twisted inside.