The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Breaking Blizzard - Pilot

Kennisiou

Mar 18, 2010
Honestly, this is one of only five videos that I really think have the makings of a great series on the Escapist. I kind of hope that this year we wind up having the same situation we had two years ago when Unskippable and... Something else -- was it There Will Be Brawl? -- both ended up getting series contracts with The Escapist, because while I'd be a tad disappointed for this year's winner to be a series that I don't think brings anything new to The Escapist (as opposed to the TV review show, Nintendobo, and Creature Caster Masters, which would each represent something The Escapist hasn't seen before), I definitely think this series would be way, way better than the other series like it that The Escapist has greenlit, like A Good Knight's Quest and Doomsday Arcade.

This is a great video, and here's to hoping we wind up with the best of both worlds!

Andrew Ready

Nov 2, 2010
Is she supposed to be Russian or isn't she? The accent went from Slavic to Valley Girl more times than I can count.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I can't help but think you guys have a huge amount of experience in the are of film production. I think that will be a big selling point in getting this series made. Do you have plans to continue the idea if you don't "Win" and make the series out of pocket?

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
WOODYYYY!

Are you going to be on Desert Bus 2010?

Awesome video, shame that I decided to ignore the festival, I just noticed this in latest comments and and voting ended :( So would have voted for this.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Aaaaw. Shame you didn't win.
I really would have liked to see more of this series :(

I don't get how the escapist could have ignored the viewers choice as much as they did when choosing the winners.

Arren Kae

Nov 10, 2010
1:20 Her accent fades in and out.

2:55 It's fun fiction but real design's a lot more arduous.

Much more promising than the cartoon that was chosen. What the hell Escapist? Did some research project the fanbase like pokemon that much?

Arvind

Apr 11, 2009
Quite a unique concept! I really liked it, would love to see how the events unveil.

Ozcar

May 2, 2010
Truly a shame this only got a viewers' choice, it should've scored much higher. I sincerely wish you guys keep on working with this project, with the Escapist or without. Create your on webisode-based series and make a living out of merchandise and the undying love of your fans (whose souls you devour for life essence, as is the norm in the business) or something, but don't let this die! We demand more!