The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Chosen - Series trailer

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
Chosen - Series trailer

A choose your own adventure series. Each episode will end in a decision which will be made by escapist viewers. With over 18000 possible ending based on the choices made, the fate of the Lilac crew rests entirely in your hands.

Watch Video

FlitterFilms

Oct 29, 2010
That was cool. Looks like you've already filmed a fair bit already or did you kind of fake a trailer?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Awesome concept. I debated about doing something like this in the past, but I could never work out the logistics. Do you pre-film three possible outcomes and then release the one that is voted on? Or do you wait to see what people say/suggest?

If done correctly, this could be a huge series. If you don't win the contest, I'd still be interested in following the project (if you decide to continue with it).

Swishdude

Nov 21, 2009
Wow, this is actually something I would like to see continue. It seems like a '24' kind of multiple path series.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
...so.

How's the actual voting gonna work?
I can see this being good, but without voting it'd be pointless.
I figured I'd take advantage of the 'poll' options available on these forums. Leave your vote and then debate your decision in the comments section. Where possible small elements of the episodes will change depending on the discussions on top of the major decisions determined by the poll.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
Paul Hearding said:
Awesome concept. I debated about doing something like this in the past, but I could never work out the logistics. Do you pre-film three possible outcomes and then release the one that is voted on? Or do you wait to see what people say/suggest?

If done correctly, this could be a huge series. If you don't win the contest, I'd still be interested in following the project (if you decide to continue with it).
Cheers.
The method I'll be using is to fully pre-produce all available options as though I'd be filming them all, so that when the final decision comes in we can simply jump on set and film the relevant scenes.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
This seems like it's already been made, or at least written to the end. This probably could have been a bit longer, though, if only to avoid the exposition in the subs.

mm2publish

Oct 23, 2010
You guys were off to a great start, but it was over a little too quickly. We needed more to really get a feel for what was going on here. Who did what? and who was running from who? and why? As far as filming and special effects, and cuts it was looking really good. I think you would have made the final cut had you given a little more! Nice job!

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
mm2publish said:
You guys were off to a great start, but it was over a little too quickly. We needed more to really get a feel for what was going on here. Who did what? and who was running from who? and why? As far as filming and special effects, and cuts it was looking really good. I think you would have made the final cut had you given a little more! Nice job!
Cheers for the feedback. Length seems to be the general consensus about this piece. Seems I've stepped a tad far over the line between leaving people wanting more and just annoying them because there isn't enough. And here I was worrying the trailer was too revealing. Haha.

leady129

Aug 3, 2009
Vignette said:
Wow, this is actually something I would like to see continue. It seems like a '24' kind of multiple path series.
Thanks man. The goal is to get the series happening, escapist comp or no. I invested far too much cash to let it go.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
This is really interesting, and I really hope it goes over well with the Escapist. If not, since you seem to plan on continuing it, would you link to where it's going in this thread? I'd really, really like to see what happens with this, I love CYOA games. =3