The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Show About Games Show

Uberfriendship

Oct 26, 2010
Show About Games Show

The following program is a show about games... show.

A variety show, one day to be filled with sketches, mocumentaries, and plentiful shenanigans for all.

Watch Video

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
This is the only video in the Film Festival so far that I've laughed at.

The first sketch was hilarious, and the second was decent. You're clearly going for a Tim & Eric Awesome Show vibe, and it seems to be working.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
Agreed with others when I say this one actually made me laugh. I like the "bunch of short sketches in one episode" format.

Migs

Oct 13, 2010
Dear Sir\Madam

Thank you for making me laugh for the first time in 40 minutes after I have started watching the Escapist Film Festival!

I loved the first Sketch, but the sketches that followed began to lose their flavour. But the very last of the bunch really did live up to the humour of the first sketch.

Thanks for entertaining me, you have my vote and best of luck!

Regards
Migs

thebigshibam

Aug 2, 2010
I enjoyed it. Refreshing to see something light and upbeat and the variety show style is grossly underused today. I'm rooting for this one.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
First video I've seen in the festival to make me laugh outloud. Or at all. Loved the Xbox scene and the cut-out Claptrap, and the Cooking Mama transitions. I definitely want to see more from you, so I'll be keeping this one in mind. =3

Edit: Yeah, the Trails HD guy was awesome.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
So, some SNL style comedy skits, huh? Personally, I'd like to see this kind of thing on a twice-a-week schedule rather than several in one day, but that's just me. Also,, would the skit-change animation always be CM or would it change? Just something I'm curious about. Otherwise, I loved the video, especially the CC knights. Would like to see more. (in general, but the CC knights would be welcome)

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Your comic timing needs a little work (noticeable dead space), but the material is clearly there. Hope you have another 20 episodes worth...

Oh, and maybe it's just me, but I would have deleted the Trials HD guy without hesitation.

Non-Caveman Dan

Aug 24, 2010
What I love about sketch shows is you can get so much variety into such a short space of time. Laughed so much at some points (especially Godzilla-Mama!), I think this could be a real contender.

One gripe though, I'm pretty sure you guys are "uberfriendship.com" not the "uberfrienship" you put at the end.

P.S. If Freudasaur doesn't appear in the future I am going to be so disappointed with you...

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Holy crap that was hilarious.
The first one with the the game characters had me laughing all the way through.
You've just got an awesome sense of timing.

TheNoirGuy

Feb 24, 2008
Wow that was really funny! And you guys got multiple sketches in under 5 minutes! Loved how you pulled the sketches together with the cooking mama joke. Great work!