The Escapist Gets A New Community Page

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
paulgruberman said:
This picture is too awesome. All hail the Mind Taker!

OT: I just noticed a bunch of GW2 badges have popped up under "Latest Badges". Do I smell a quiz coming?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Also I like the minor change on the forums with the names being blue with white writing, better than it all being grey.

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Whow, I must say it's so well organized that my eyes can catch everything without having to scan around.
That's certainly a nice feature- also thank you guys for having the Latest Badges section on the front cover. That's really going to help us Hunters out a lot especially since there's quite a few badges I didn't even know existed until now!

Basically you guys did us a favor with having the Groups on the cover too, along with Community Spotlight being a superb addition to The Escapist. I can already get used to this, and it's again... so well organized I find it fancy actually ^_^. Well done guys!
You're very welcome. We constantly endeavor to find new ways of making The Escapist a fun place for you guys to hang out.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I've been looking for a new homepage to replace IGoogle.
This will due nicely. Thank you, it's very nice.

I especially like the recent badge feature.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Well I've found my new home page.
This is just awesome, no other way to explain it.

Draxz

May 2, 2012
See, I weirdly thought of this idea a couple of days before this post was made.

But then I thought to myself "The Escapist is an online game's tabloid, essentially, so they wouldn't do something like this." and I kinda thought to myself that it wouldn't work. I mean, I think the site is user friendly enough as it is now. I mean, why make it Facebook?

I don't know... I want to see how this turns out. My only fear for the Escapist on this new feature would probably be over-complicating things. I won't deny it's a moderately good idea but at the same time... Not too sure.

Or am I getting the wrong impression of what the 'Community Page' is. I understand it withholds new updates on the site, such as: friends posts, forums and reviews, new badges, your own posts, reviews and etc. but isn't that already in the basic profile? Also, wouldn't a page that tells you how you achieved badges be more useful than knowing new ones out there?

Hmm... Maybe I'm just a sour-sweet for a change. I feel like an extension is being put onto my house, except it's taking up the path outside and I feel like it might cause some kind of problem for other people o_O

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
So glad that User Reviews and Groups are getting more emphasis. And this is very well organized, good job folks.

And whoever put my video on the spotlight, can I send you a cookie?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Matthew94 said:
Nice to see the user reviews section getting a little box.
This.
All of this.
All of this plus infinity.

We might get some more traffic going through that section now. Plus the Review Spotlight section is sweet. :D

...And the rest is cool, I guess.

EDIT: Sweet, we can actually use the review forum box to find our own reviews. :D
[sub]I knew you'd like this.[/sub]

I remember when the old community page was pulled. Its return seems to be making people happy again.

After a quick glance, I can see why. Great work staff, great work! I have no criticisms that I can think of! :D

talker

Nov 18, 2011
i don't really use community pages that much, but it looks good! maybe il check it out later

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Overusedname said:
So glad that User Reviews and Groups are getting more emphasis. And this is very well organized, good job folks.

And whoever put my video on the spotlight, can I send you a cookie?
Sure, you can give me a cookie at Expo!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Nasrin said:
As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Please let us know what you think.
I think you should change the text of the link. If it's going to take me to a page that has predetermined content laid out for me, that's not My Escapist. That's Your Escapist. I saw "My Escapist" and clicked it hoping for something where I could select what content I want to show up (for example, telling it I want to know about new Jimquisition episodes so I can find them easily instead of clicking that utterly useless Videos link at the top and getting pissed off when once again, Jimquisition doesn't even appear in the selection of 12 featured video series at the top of the page despite a new episode being out on Mondays and having to hunt around for where the hell you've hidden the link to the Jimquisition archives this time; why do you guys constantly make it harder and harder to find stuff around here anyway?) and was massively disappointed to be greeted with a far less useful page filled with community stuff I could not possibly care less about.

So have a page fulled with community stuff if you want. That's cool. Just don't deceive me by titling the link to that page "My Escapist" when it doesn't take me to any content I care to consume. It's clearly called the Community Page, so change the text of the link to say "Community Page".

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
mjc0961 said:
Nasrin said:
As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Please let us know what you think.
I think you should change the text of the link. If it's going to take me to a page that has predetermined content laid out for me, that's not My Escapist. That's Your Escapist. I saw "My Escapist" and clicked it hoping for something where I could select what content I want to show up (for example, telling it I want to know about new Jimquisition episodes so I can find them easily instead of clicking that utterly useless Videos link at the top and getting pissed off when once again, Jimquisition doesn't even appear in the selection of 12 featured video series at the top of the page despite a new episode being out on Mondays and having to hunt around for where the hell you've hidden the link to the Jimquisition archives this time; why do you guys constantly make it harder and harder to find stuff around here anyway?) and was massively disappointed to be greeted with a far less useful page filled with community stuff I could not possibly care less about.

So have a page fulled with community stuff if you want. That's cool. Just don't deceive me by titling the link to that page "My Escapist" when it doesn't take me to any content I care to consume. It's clearly called the Community Page, so change the text of the link to say "Community Page".
Thanks for the input.

We've named it that way with intent, though you'll all just have to wait and see what that means.

EDIT: I'm sorry if that sounds vague, I just can't really expand upon it at this time. The point is: There's a reason for the title. We hope that you'll be patient with us long enough to see what it is :)