The Escapist ( in one sentence )

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
I had forgotten about my account on The Escapist for some time, when one of my closest friends ( who is currently away for college ) hit me up on AIM.
"hey dood, you should check out the escapist. it's some funny british guy doing videos."
after the former escapist geek in me corrected him ( "That's just Zero Punctuation. The Escapist has so much better stuff." ), I got the idea for this thread.
What is The Escapist to you?
Describe The Escapist in one sentence.

Mine: Opinionated geeks make dumb jokes and hate Transformers in harmony.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Sophisticated, if a little intolerant, community full of many differing views and races who make up a awesome user base.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
MLP fans ask why we don't all watch MLP again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again again and again and again ............

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
Everyone is an elitist critic who loves to complain.

-well it's true! i'm one myself!

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
A community full of well rounded people who always state their opinions well with the occasional PC fanboy telling me how I am actually delusional because I prefer consoles.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Intelligent, sensitive young adolescents congregate to ***** and whine about things we cant possibly know about.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I can't think of a way to summarise the variety of people in any interesting way, so I'll just be jokingly derogative and say that this is what goes through everyone's minds:

"We like the right popular things."

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
ohgodalex said:
Mine: Opinionated geeks make dumb jokes and hate Transformers in harmony.
Something like that. I'd also add in a few clauses about parroting Yahtzee, acting misanthropic, and hating CoD, as well as people who feel superior for liking or not liking any given product, and people who push their opinions as fact. (Though you'll get the last three almost anywhere you go involving the internet.) Oh, and ponies.

Bento Box

Mar 3, 2011
One sentence about the escapist?

Hmmm.

"This is a website concerning things that are and are not video games."

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
"Not enough people check out the User Reviews section."

Well, that was easy. ;)