The Escapist is bad for Work Ethic

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
I have a very long, boring, computer-orientated job at the moment.
The Escapist is really very quite bad for my work ethic.

What do you use to fight the tide of over-whlming 'meh' in the world of hourly wages?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Eh, it's no worse than most of the other stuff on the net. And not as good at it as Cracked or TV Tropes.

I tend to kill idle hours watching Let's Plays from the Something Awful LP subforum.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I have several assignments due for tomorrow morning and yet I'm still here. Yes, I'm quite addicted to this site and will probably ask for another suspension when my semester 2 production begins. So I would have to say, as awesome as this site is, it is a real problem for me.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Sometimes I manage to tough it out.

Sometimes I get distracted by relevant topics of my interest on the Escapist magazine, TVtropes and several different webcomics and artist blogs.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I have to agree. I know that the moment I get on here all my free time will be on here. Addiction to the site can be a real problem.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It's getting really late here, and I have about four hours of work to do. Instead I'm posting this.

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
I'm currently typing this out when I have two stories due sometime tuesday and I have no idea as to how i will start them, and I think i've forgotten what one of those two were. so... thanks for being so addictive, escapist!

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I use it as a distraction.
You can tell when I have a lot of work to do by the amount I post. It's much higher when I have something important to do.
As I type this I'm flicking between the Escapist and an essay I have to submit for my final year in college.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I have to read a book for school, and I'm here procrastinating. So yeah, I agree with you. But I never go to the forums at school, I do watch ZP waaaay too much there.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Im avoiding doing an online assignment due at noon at the moment of typing this message.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I have several assignments due for tomorrow morning and yet I'm still here. Yes, I'm quite addicted to this site and will probably ask for another suspension when my semester 2 production begins. So I would have to say, as awesome as this site is, it is a real problem for me.
Amusingly, I think if I stared at your Pokemon avatar long enough, I'd get a seizure.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
well when I was employed I was not in front of a computer. I was making snooty espresso drinks for douchebag hipsters who did not want to get starbucks.

and I know in my future job I will not be in front of a computer for long period of time.
but at school in class I will be on the escapist.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I don't have much access to an actual computer at my job, but this site works on my phone browser if I shut the pictures off, so the Escapist is still bad for my work ethic. If I'm not actually teaching a class, I'm likely on here on my phone.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I can't really say that "the escapist" is that bad for my work ethic. If I have to do an assignment or study, I tend not to go here at all, as I will be studying over at a friends, where all the computers are in hers and her roommates bedrooms, not in the sitting room which is where we are situated. Then, when it is all over, I watch all the "Zero punctuation" videos I have missed as a little reward :)

Feb 9, 2011
My work environment has no computer, so I'm forced to work during my work hours, but the time always goes quickly so I can't complain. The Escapist will just have to wait until I'm home. ;p

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
sageoftruth said:
Redlin5 said:
Amusingly, I think if I stared at your Pokemon avatar long enough, I'd get a seizure.
You wouldn't be the first. Thankfully, I have the best Poke'lawyers in Kanto.