The escapist is playing the wrong video

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
So here's the deal, about a week ago, I tried to play Yatzee's latest video review. But the video wouldn't load when I hit play. . . nothing would happen. ( also I couldn't see the forum's latest posts on the right side of the screen)

The folowing day, I could see the forum posts, and I could hit play and a video would start playing. I would see the title screen for the correct video, ( Zero Punctuation Reviews: xxxx) and then an ad would start playing. When the ad was over, a video would start, it appears to be a video highlighting various older video series on the escapist ( such as Mayes Muses, and whatever that live action Mario-crime series was) And it's been doing it ever since.

Every time I try to play an escapist video, be it Yatzee or anything else, it always show the same stupid ancient promo video, and never the one I selected. Why is it doing this? Can I fix it, and if so, how?

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
You could try contacting the Tech Team here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team]

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
Semitendon said:
Our servers identified a bot connection from your location. I'll clear the block, but if the servers see it connecting again from your location, they'll put the block back up. Recommend you do a thorough spyware and virus scan on your system.

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
paulgruberman said:
Semitendon said:
Our servers identified a bot connection from your location. I'll clear the block, but if the servers see it connecting again from your location, they'll put the block back up. Recommend you do a thorough spyware and virus scan on your system.
Thanks for the info

Evangelium

Nov 4, 2009
i have the same problem since a few weeks.
a virus check has found nothing.
but still the same video