The Escapist: Now With Badges!

Iceman23

Dec 20, 2007
A cool idea guys, hell we might even attract a few achievement addicts from Xbox Live to this site with an addition like this.

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Hamster at Dawn said:
damn, these badges are horribly addictive. I'm intrigued to know how you get some of them though. (post in more than 10 forums?)
http://www.warcry.com/forums/ ;)

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Melaisis said:
Can we trade them in for faction reputation?
You are now Neutral with Escapist Magazine.

Got a long way to go to get that tabard.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Might be nice to have a 'show this badge' option, for those who have more then 4, so you can pick which ones show up.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
GothmogII said:
So, you won't say -what- they all are...so...any chance on finding out how -many- there are? ^^' Also, do you just keep the last four badges, or is there a page where all the badges you get accumulate. And, I'll assume you only get one badge per earning yup?
We'll be adding new badges fairly regularly, but some will always be secret. 'Cause we're shady like that.

Only one badge per, yes, and if you want to see all of your badges, just check your profile. At the moment, only the four you've earned most recently show up in your forum post.

Lt. Sera said:
Might be nice to have a 'show this badge' option, for those who have more then 4, so you can pick which ones show up.
We're working on it. But we wanted to let folks see how many different badges were up for grabs first.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Wait, are you folks going to start a badge suggestion forum? Or is this a sort of Boy Scout / Secret Police combo?

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
so how it will work? will be updates...? can be like the achievements in a game? that will be cool

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Melaisis said:
Can we trade them in for faction reputation?
A romantic dinner with Yahtzee I recon.
Then I must have more!
Also when you are looking at them on your profile the ad often runs over it and it's quite frustrating. Any way to fix it you clever techies?

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
how do you know I've posted on 3 different forums? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
No really.
Or am I just thinking of somethign else.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
This frightens me a little. I'm worried what people (and I) will do for the sake of badges. I agree with Pedro though, a reward for not getting banned or probated after a 1000 posts would be great.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
I dunno... this badge (or trophy or achievement) thing is getting a little out of hand. So, how come I still want to earn all of 'em?

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Larenxis said:
This frightens me a little. I'm worried what people (and I) will do for the sake of badges. I agree with Pedro though, a reward for not getting banned or probated after a 1000 posts would be great.
I must admit, I'm also a little worried that people will start making random threads and posts just for the sake of badges.

I just hope it doesn't get as bad as the people who make rooms in online games for the sole purpose of getting achievements.