The Escapist Presents: Audience Questions for Yahtzee

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Audience Questions for Yahtzee

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw fielding questions from the audience at Game-X.

Watch Video

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The first thing that comes to mind is how you have the badge for posting in 12 months with a 9 month old account.

Nice video, although hearing the questions themselves is somewhat tricky, Yahztee seems pretty confident speaking in front of crowds.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
What did he actually review there? Was it an old one, or will we be able to watch that review done there?

theevilgerbil

Mar 18, 2009
I would of loved the chance to ask Yahtzee questions..infact he's one of my if you could invite 3 people to a dinner ect. hehe..however he did put his hand in and out of his pocket alot..maybe nerves? could it be Benjamin Godzilla Yahtzee Croshaw has nerves?! :p

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
I would have figured that The Escapist might have wanted to actually record the questions being asked so we know what Yahtzee's answering.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, that was pretty good. But, I have to agree with first post, some of the questions were hard to hear. Still, nice to get an extra fill of Yahtzee humour.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
Nice to see Yahtzee answering questions like that, I thought he was afraid of fans....

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Kudos to Yahtzee for handling it so well, all things considered. It looked like it was roughly put together, etc. The tosser farting with the music the whole time was getting on my nerves. and I'm sure Yahtzee was getting pretty frazzled over it.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
What is this, Jeopardy? Maybe have a mike in the audience? Someone on the staff should watch the Evening with Kevin Smith movies.
Also Yahtzee is 95% less funny without a script.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Well, he's not a stand-up comedian, so what do you expect? He has his own way of doing things..

In most aspects he's more like an author, where he writes or produces gold, but gets taken out of his element when having to deal with shoddily put-together stage forums and trying to make the best of it. He's still brilliant though, the guy has articulated most of my gaming criticisms over the past 15 years or so.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
I like how there's apparently a band playing three feet from the microphone. Also I enjoyed when the cameraman tried to find the person who was asking the question and failed.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
ark123 said:
I like how there's apparently a band playing three feet from the microphone. Also I enjoyed when the cameraman tried to find the person who was asking the question and failed.
Was it a band? What was up with the audio? lol

Terrible terrible setup to have to stand up in front of people and field inaudible questions.. If that was me, I would have cut it short and called it an early night. He stuck with it and threw out some decent zingers though.

JojackFelone

Dec 11, 2008
Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
SyphonX said:
ark123 said:
Was it a band? What was up with the audio? lol

Terrible terrible setup to have to stand up in front of people and field inaudible questions.. If that was me, I would have cut it short and called it an early night. He stuck with it and threw out some decent zingers though.
He clearly doesn't know how to do FAQs though. If someone asks him about Portal, he's supposed to answer with something like "You fucking know who I am and you've seen my Portal review. Sit your dumb ass down".
It's annoying how shy he is when he's doing these big events. He's basically his ZP persona when he's on the Australian Gamer podcast, why can't he do the same in FAQs?