The Escapist Presents: Audience Questions for Yahtzee

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Good stuff. And the question of the Mysterious Expressionless Man is finally answered. Although--the audio was rather poor, and the camera was rather jumpy. Tsk tsk, not very professional, guys. :D

beema

Aug 19, 2009
A shame you couldn't actually hear the questions in this and Yahtzee was drowned out sporadically by the dumbshit Rock Band session or whatever the hell it was going on in the next room.
Wish I had known about Game X, Philly isn't too far from me!

Cetra Blues

Nov 5, 2009
I was also going to complain about the music 'til I heard what it was- Mega Man covers! With lyrics, too- wonder if it was The Megas?

Kind of ashamed no one else recognized Spark Man's theme or the MM2 stage select =P

Anyway, more on topic- really good Q&A sessions with Yahtzee. General consensus seems to be he's rather timid in public, but he seemed spot on right here. Hope we get to see more things like this in the future.

Raurik

Jun 12, 2008
I'm surprised he answered that last question given how much shit he will inevitably catch from the console wars.

Also sucks to hear about the Game Damage thing. I am still really looking forward to that cause I loved the pilot. Especially Yahtzee's bit about adventure games.

MikeN

Nov 5, 2009
It was enjoyable to see Yahtzee answering questions in his 'normal' persona. I'd rather have that than him trying to emulate a 'ZP' standup show. For future talks where there's no audience mic it'd be helpful if Yahtzee repeated the questions.

MBE

Jul 1, 2009
Please turn up the heavy metal rock music? I can't hear it over Yahtzee's yak-yak. Yahtzee's talking is so distracting in this music video.

gort247

Apr 7, 2009
From now on every person that makes a redundant post about how difficult it was to hear the questions and how annoyed they were about the music playing in the background - is an idiot. All in favor?

Actsub

Oct 18, 2009
Charlie Brooker, I knew it! I fucking knew he was influenced by Charlie Brooker!

moosek

Nov 5, 2009
AddytheGreat said:
Shut up band! If only...
The sound was, as its been said before, poor at best, a good interview anyway.
Don't you question the MEGAS!

moosek

Nov 5, 2009
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
The Brocken said:
It's The Megas. I'm not a fan of the music, but their podcast is awesome.
Wait, you listen to the Podcast of the band, but you don't care for the music? I dig their music, and their podcast, but I couldn't enjoy the podcast of a band unless I enjoyed the music they made.

Check out their music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlNbBqK0Wg

Feb 18, 2009
moosek said:
Check out their music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlNbBqK0Wg
And a thanks to you too. Most NES cover bands I´ve heard so far have been mostly instrumental, so it´s nice to hear something with lyrics for a chance (Well, this also has lyrics, but that´s about it).

dddragonblue

Oct 25, 2009
LOL, didn't expect to hear myself asking a question (the first one on this clip). Yes, the band outside was TOO LOUD! But Yahtzee and Jeff and everyone else from Escapist were great to talk to.

Stillve

Sep 19, 2009
This makes the man feel more humanlike and less of a self-devised fueled-by-fans stereotype.
You see, if he were to talk the way he does in his entertaining show in real life...