The Escapist Presents: Chronicles of Cataclysm: The Next Chapter in The Barrens

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Chronicles of Cataclysm: The Next Chapter in The Barrens

The Cataclysm isn't just about disaster, but rather the ongoing stories of Azeroth.

Watch Video

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Speaking of Trikes, got mine in the game already and I made myself an outfit comprising of blue overalls, white gloves, red shirt and a red hat as a "Mario Kart" set.

I'm very impressed with what they've done in the game so far, Orgrimmar is, in my opinion, the best looking city now.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
WaaghPowa said:
Speaking of Trikes, got mine in the game already and I made myself an outfit comprising of blue overalls, white gloves, red shirt and a red hat as a "Mario Kart" set.

I'm very impressed with what they've done in the game so far, Orgrimmar is, in my opinion, the best looking city now.
You must be totally Horde, because most people really love the new Stormwind.

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
Woah! There's a WoW update coming? You're KIDDING!

Seriously, why is this necessary? Not the article, I mean the cataclysm update itself? Did they decide the only demographic left to draw in new WoW subscribers from was hardcore gamers? And that the only way to hook them was to make the game browner? And that the only way to make the game browner was to destroy the world?

Looks like Guild Wars's environmental bait & switch all over again! :(

(Sorry if this post seems overly critical of the all-important advertisers. It just feels to me like WoW's success was BECAUSE of its colorful cartoony style, not in spite of it. By brownifying the game, they risk driving away the casual gamers and female gamers who have always been WoW's bread & butter. That's basically gambling that the Gears of War crowd can outspend their core audience... right?)

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
The rocket the Goblins made to take you around the starting quest area is fun as Hell! A lot of love was but into making the Goblins stand out as the Engendering race

I also can't wait to go find Mandrik and talk to him about his wife

-M