The Escapist Presents: Dungeons & Dragons: Opening the Monster Vault

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Oh wizards of the coast keep b*llsh*ting european history plus lame monters for your profit. Bear owl are you kidding bug bear i can kinda get bear owl oh just go die somewhere

standokan

May 28, 2009
RoBi3.0 said:
What the deuce! Its a soft cover. Is anyone else put off by that.

standokan said:
It looks awesome but just increases the pain of not being able to play dnd.
www.dndonlinegames.com

Your Welcome :)
Thank you very much good sir :)

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Wizards who can heal themselves with daily allotments of healing? Yeah, a lot of changes I am not in favour of.

As for Pathfinder, it certainly made itself sexy with some persuasive rule changes to draw in players. I've tried the beta pretty hard in my games, but core went too far and I've almost rolled it back to 3.5 (but with some inclusions from beta) due to certain changes trying to remove the weaknesses of classes (like taking wizards to d6). Combat manoeuvres also got screwed, monk became ridiculous with the number of things it got, paladin fused the healer class to it, rogue gains too many special abilities or combat feats with its tricks (as much as I like the beta rogue, it isn't balanced, but that's a problem with more than a few of the classes).

Each to his own of course, but with my 3.5 modified rule set, I cand draw in and use almost anything from 3 to pathfinder, with perhaps some modification. Hell, I even have the books converting second ed stuff to third and 3.5.

4 is a damn gimmick and I gain two points of crotchetiness for bucking the trend. Now roll the d100 table for forum responses as you enter the 30 by 30 forum.

daavisb

Jun 14, 2009
looks pretty cool, but were playing 3.5, so it doesent really match to our campaign.

Jay Cool

Jul 28, 2010
I just got into DnD. I grabbed a red box and told some friends to try it out with me. We finished the stuff in red box last thursday and I hooked the into my new campaign, this thursday I have five or six players and me. I have some monster books and everyone has made their new characters. If any of you want to play and you can't because your group has split, just ask some current friends like I did.