The Escapist Presents: March Mayhem: Tournament Wrap Up

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
scorch 13 said:
jboking said:
scorch 13 said:
is it just me or did that turbine kid sound like a *****
You do know Doctorwhofan is a girl, right?

Edit: also, quit bitching it makes you sound like a...
sound like what and if you read my quote i said i didnt know
A fine upstanding gentleman:p. You also quoted that portion of my quote in your last post.

p.s. It's just a joke man, relax.

sonidraw

Mar 1, 2009
I honestly had no idea who Turbine was until I saw this tournament. :-/

But I absolutely loved the March Mayhem anyways. My favorite developer wasn't even in the running, so I could watch it without regrets.

k_rafftry

Mar 5, 2008
berettapunk said:
wordsmith said:
Spinwhiz said:
wordsmith said:
Spinwhiz said:
wordsmith said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
I still say those machinima videos would have looked more appealing done with LittleBigPlanet.

I also couldn't make ut a word anyone was saying.

So, without further ado, bring out the people saying that because their favourite developer lost, the contest is invalid.
To be fair, 90% of the people who voted for Turbine have left. How are you meant to defend against a zerg rush?
Where are you getting your information for this?
Fair enough, you're the man with the access to the figures. How many accounts where created during MM and haven't been used since the final?
Unfortunately I can't give out that information but I can assure you that a lot of the new accounts are being used, across the board from every developer.
You can't even say *numbers*?
Whilst I agree that there are SOME new accounts used to vote for every developer, throughout the competition I observed mostly new posters (i.e. less than 20) voting for Turbine (not JUST new posters voting, MOSTLY new posters voting).

Since MM has finished, I have not seen hundreds of low-posted, March-signed up users running around (although this may be my posting and browsing habits). If you take the Turbine vote at face value, between 2.5k and 4k accounts voted for Turbine. Even if only 10% of those (between 250 and 400) accounts still stand, that's still "a lot of new accounts".

I'm not trying to pick an argument here, so if I'm headed for one tell me to stop.
to be honost, i didnt sign up until the 18th of march, but i have been a longtime viewer of the escapist mostly due to being introduced to yahtzee and his review of bioshock in sept 07. i was hooked ever since then. ive just never felt the need to participate in much around the site. but as ive looked around, ive found other things that interest me here as well. just never posted much because no matter what you say, its all arguing over the internet. so its nice to have the debate, but itll end up out of hand sooner or later.

but back to the point, i am one of the "noobs" when it comes to membership around here, but i have been a fan of the escapist(thanks to yahtzee of course) for a long while.
I'm also a lurker. Been here since the console war video yahtzee put out. Since then, I watch every video, read every thread that accompanies them, read the weekly articles and post in the occasional discussion thread. Low post count does not equal hardly ever around. I'm on the escapist about 10 times a week since 2007 (signed up in 08, obviously).

Princeps senatus

Feb 12, 2009
First thing that came to my mind when they said that Turbine had won... "what game did Turbine make again?"

So the results seem 'odd' to me.

scorch 13

Mar 24, 2009
jboking said:
scorch 13 said:
jboking said:
scorch 13 said:
is it just me or did that turbine kid sound like a *****
You do know Doctorwhofan is a girl, right?

Edit: also, quit bitching it makes you sound like a...
sound like what and if you read my quote i said i didnt know
A fine upstanding gentleman:p. You also quoted that portion of my quote in your last post.

p.s. It's just a joke man, relax.
whatever its k

Flukey

Feb 17, 2009
Seems like I'm not alone in not having a clue who turbine are... even after searching I am still unfamiliar with any of their games. Can anyone explain?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Flukey said:
Seems like I'm not alone in not having a clue who turbine are... even after searching I am still unfamiliar with any of their games. Can anyone explain?
They are the creators of Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online and Ashron's Call.

Flukey

Feb 17, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Flukey said:
They are the creators of Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online and Ashron's Call.
Ah, MMOs. I'm not sure whether Ashron's Call is an MMO, but I've still not heard of it. Although that explains a lot now. I'm not really into MMOs, so it makes sense that I'm unfamiliar with them. Thank you

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
what the hell has turbine made other then lotro? personally i thought valve should have won

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Nerdfury said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
Aw, you deleted the part where I spoiled the ending of LOTR for all those people who play Turbine's games and don't know yet.
You misled us all! You sound nothing like an apple-faced man in a suit!
Do you sound anything like Invader Zim/Orthopox 13? Thought not.

Anyway, I can sound like my avatar when I want to, mainly as the game he's from has no audible dialogue, only text boxes.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
L4Y Duke said:
Nerdfury said:
L.B. Jeffries said:
Aw, you deleted the part where I spoiled the ending of LOTR for all those people who play Turbine's games and don't know yet.

Anyway, I can sound like my avatar when I want to, mainly as the game he's from has no audible dialogue, only text boxes.
Erm, you do understand the concept of humour, don't you? At least, I certainly hope you're smart enough to know I was joking.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Nerdfury said:
L4Y Duke said:
Nerdfury said:
L.B. Jeffries said:

Erm, you do understand the concept of humour, don't you? At least, I certainly hope you're smart enough to know I was joking.
Yeah, well it's hard to tell joking from not joking when you've only got text to go on.