The Escapist Presents: Preview: New Xbox Experience

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
this looks fine, plus i really never did enjoy the whole blade theme that much to begin with. Anyone know how much netflix is going to cost? I do enjoy movies, but if the 10,000 movies available are utter crap b rated flicks with a few blockbusters I already own on dvd, then I just don't see myself doing this netflix thing.

But on the whole, I like the new dashboard, looking forward to tomorrow to install it.

GLaDOS V 2.1

Sep 22, 2008
shame about losing my themes, i hope ill be able to download a decent marathon one, like I have now.

WTEricson

Jun 21, 2008
TheGhostOfSin said:
Spinwhiz said:
I am really looking forward to it, especially the Netflix.
I'm sick of hearing about how great netflix is, it only works in one country and a large majority of people don't live there.
Can someone explain to me how Netflix is a touted as a 360 selling point. Basicly it's a way to force American morons to give M$ more money for something Sony users get for free.... anyone else see a pattern here?

Buy a 360+Harddrive+PC+XBL account+Netflix account = download a movie
OR
Buy a PS3 (which connects to any website.... ) and download free movies.

IDK maybe I'm missing something here, but this seems pretty ignorant to me.

wgreer25

Good news everyone!
Jun 9, 2008
super_smash_jesus said:
this looks fine, plus i really never did enjoy the whole blade theme that much to begin with. Anyone know how much netflix is going to cost? I do enjoy movies, but if the 10,000 movies available are utter crap b rated flicks with a few blockbusters I already own on dvd, then I just don't see myself doing this netflix thing.

But on the whole, I like the new dashboard, looking forward to tomorrow to install it.
Having used the Netflix feature now (already had an account), their online content leaves much to be desired. They do have some shows that I am interested in that I haven't watched, but year, the Netflix online content just isn't there. I will say that the interface with the Xbox is seamless and works great, but what's the point if there are only 4-5 good things out of 10,000.