The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2: Easter Eggs

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I don't remember what level, but their is what I assume is a strip club, and their is a hologram of a night elf dancing on top of the building.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
The Level 80 ETC commercial made me laugh. I wanted "I am Murlock" on the Jukebox.

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
Two of them were already said but I'll repeat them.

1) Night Elf dancer in the top right of the cantina in the Hyperion.

2) On "Piercing The Shroud," where your reinforcements arrive, if you go all the way north then you'll find a Murloc Marine.

3) If a Battlecruiser engages into battle while your screen is off of it, the unit goes, "it's a trap!" to alert you it's in combat.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Well, definitely have to mention iPistol and iCruiser (or iBattlecruiser, or iBattleship, I'm not sure). The iCruiser is on a bilboard in the first mission.
Then there's the Terrible, Terrible damage, that even appears in the challenge missions if you kill a lot of at the same time using the High Templar storms.
And of course, Grunty The Murloc Marine.
One of the things that really made me giggle madly was in the lost viking arcade. "HE DOES NOT LIKE YOU!!!" *in flashing red letters*
Oh, I can't believe I forgot the "It's a trap!".

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
Repost from an earlier thread:

The armory in game has a giant "Bay 12" sign. I believe that it's probably a reference to Alien, but with the chief engineer having a few quips about drinking and mining (and a stout appearance to boot), I like to think it is also a nod toward the site that hosts Dwarf Fortress. Entirely possible, there is an undeniable reference to it in WoW.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
"Terrible, terrible damage!" made me laugh.

I also liked the Ghostbusters reference, as well as the out-house taking off.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
2 for you:

1) The portrait face for the Spartan mercs is the face of the lead SC2 developer

2) When you first find the Diamondback in single player, you may notice that it's the "Cobra" from the alpha release of SC2 which was cut before the beta. When it shows up the armory guy says: "Oh my god, that's a Diamondback! Thought that baby didn't make it out of prototype!"

:-D

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I love how the Bansee quotes the "Aliens" film by going "5 by 5" and also...the Medic..."Please state the nature of the medical emergency" XD

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
The final boss in The Lost Viking arcade machine is Blizzard's April Fool's Joke from 2009.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Some cool easter eggs I totally didn't see! Tho I think the scientist's collar as a Horde reference, and the BSOD on the lazer are a bit of a stretch...

Also, the TAUREN LEVEL 800!!!!!! ad on the TV was hilarious.

Tortoiseloz

Oct 20, 2009
/its a trap!

seriously though you know that you see animals walking around well you can click on them then in the 3d unit closeup there's the animal

ManiacRaccoon

Aug 20, 2008
Jaredin said:
I love how the Bansee quotes the "Aliens" film by going "5 by 5" and also...the Medic..."Please state the nature of the medical emergency" XD
Those were in the original Starcraft, but yeah, those are pretty cool. I suspect the video would have been incredibly long if they had included the quotes if you keep clicking on the various units. Then again, those aren't hard to find so maybe they don't count as Easter eggs, even if you don't own the game there are always videos on the internet of them all. I don't know what the Raven does, but I already like it because of the way it talks and the numerous AI character refs it makes. If only it told you to bite it's shiny metal exhaust pipe I would've bought this game already.

David Gravely

Jun 23, 2010
on the super secret mission "piercing the shroud" you can exit the secret laboratory on the landing pad and scout the rock that is outside the building. you'll be able to see, not go to, a small rock cluster with murky the murloc marine dancing and shooting up a storm.

also in that underground mission "belly of the beast" right before you enguage battle with the large queen zerg, you'll be given a side mission to save some marines from an ultralisk. if the ultralisk breaks the rocks the marines say "oh no...game over man. GAME OVER!"

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
1) Murloc Marine in "Piercing the Shroud" just after the 2nd reinforcements arrive (he's on an asteroid in the background), Metroid in a tank later in that mission.

2) "TerribleTerribleDamage" also happens to be the god mode cheat :)

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Its not much of an Easter Egg but theres the L80ETC song "Terran Up The Night" on the Jukebox.

zombays

Apr 12, 2010
You forgot that in the Cantina there's the little hologram on the upper left balcony and that's actually a dancing blood elf chick, and you left out the Secret mission of secret proportions