The Escapist Presents: Starcraft 2: Easter Eggs

bacondeity

Jun 16, 2010
=\

That wasn't an easter egg... They put her there on purpose to actually have something to do with the story, and not just a cameo. SC:G Would and will be a kickass game, I know it.

mamastoast

Aug 11, 2010
I'm not sure in what part of the game there is since I discovered this in the editor. IN warcraft 3 there is a sign saying "BOBS GUNS". In Starcraft there there is a variation of the store front doodad that appears to say "ROBS GUNS", however if you look closely you will see that the "R" is actually a B where the lowest part is greyed out ;)

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
I really like the Elite Tauren Chieftains commercial, and the dancing Nightelf in the cantina.

TheBaron87

Jul 12, 2010
Wow, so many mentions of the Night Elf hologram. They didn't mention it because it's so obvious.

Poke_Freak

Paid for this custom title
Sep 14, 2008
I really like the Battlecruiser's "I lost my hat. Swing around, we'll pick it up."

While the "click-click-click" dialog is hardly an "easter egg", it is a rather old reference.
More precisely the first Hot Shots movie, where admiral Benson loses his hat and wants the entire aircraft carrier to swing around to pick it up.
(In the end, he settles for leaving a crewman in a rowboat to mark the spot, so they can pick it up on the way back. :D)

I was really expecting it to have a "Ya rly" though. Since it keeps going "Oh really?" all the time.

dghjdgdjf

Nov 9, 2009
Nearly every achievement name is either a game, a movie or a culture reference. "Would you kindly" made me smile, just perfect.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Poke_Freak said:
I really like the Battlecruiser's "I lost my hat. Swing around, we'll pick it up."

While the "click-click-click" dialog is hardly an "easter egg", it is a rather old reference.
More precisely the first Hot Shots movie, where admiral Benson loses his hat and wants the entire aircraft carrier to swing around to pick it up.
(In the end, he settles for leaving a crewman in a rowboat to mark the spot, so they can pick it up on the way back. :D)

I was really expecting it to have a "Ya rly" though. Since it keeps going "Oh really?" all the time.
I just wish he at least said "Battlecruiser operational". Most old units that appear in multiplayer say at least some old lines.

And also, the Team Fortress referencing achievements are hilarious.

dghjdgdjf

Nov 9, 2009
And yet, with all these witty and clever details that Blizzard put into their games, some people just can't grasp why so many love Starcraft 2 and Blizzard's other games.

grimallq

Aug 25, 2009
This one is reaaly obscure. In "Media Blitz" you can see a billboard/poster with the words "Żywią y Bronią" (slightly old polish, roughly translating: To Feed and Defend).

It was the slogan for peasant scythe units during Kościuszko Uprising in Poland in 1794.

PurpleSkull

Mar 20, 2009
Just found another little "egg" yesterday. The Joyray's Bar" Neosign in his Bar loses power every few seconds. It spells "U Pay Ray" the first time and "Pay Up" the second time it loses power. Made me giggle.

Drunkenrob

Aug 12, 2010
In the mission "Piercing the Shroud" there is a room with a Brutalisk in it.

This room is full of Metriods in tanks. One is even showcased for you in a trigger.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! I hate that song!!

I wish I could spare the funds to get this game though.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Anyone besides me see the starship enterprize wreck on the cutthrought mission? It was at the bottom of the map. I just saw it today.

sievr

May 8, 2010
The Easter Zergling title screen was my favorite part of this video. Somebody give whoever handled that image a bonus.

May 25, 2010
In the "Ghost of a Chance" mission there are 3 different areas let's say where you are given different kinds of units to kill various buildings. In the 3rd area where you are given Banshees and Vikings, there is an Ultralisk in the southwest corner. Where the Ultralisk is found, one of the computer screens shows something interesting. I'm not entirely sure what it is though, it looks like a woman holding a baby, but it's hard to tell. If anyone spots this let me know what you think it is.

tamerman

Jul 17, 2009
best easter egg of them all: the guy who hires out ther mercs has the same last name as me ;D

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
In the secret mission, you can see grunty the space marine if you go all the way to the top left on the outside of the base before you go into the room with the objective.

Yoshi Dragon

Feb 26, 2010
easter eggs in movie dvds: i hate em cause i am bad at finding them i would rather the content be open for everyone including people like me to enjoy

easter eggs in games: absolutly a deadly sin. it feels like the developers werent gonna be sure you were gonna like thier game so they kept adding things hoping to distract you from anything you didnt like. like a giant hey look over there and sign they put up so you dont look to closely at the actual game.