The Escapist Presents: The Costumes of Dragon*Con

flirl21187

Jun 28, 2010
Mechsoap said:
nitat said:
Is Jack at 03:10 a dude or a girl?
i think its a dude
Nope. She was totally a girl. I talked to her that evening, before Tali and Commander Sheperd showed up. There was actually another Commander Sheperd there before the one filmed in this montage, just so y'all know. I still have pictures on my phone.

The Mass Effect costumes were the only ones that really got me to geek out. The others? People dressed up as quest givers (Yes, they did have quests to complete! And rewards!).

Can't wait for next year!

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
AWESOME! My favorites were the Illidan stormrage costume, and the TF2 group; they had a really smart idea for the Medi-beam.

Oldmanwillow

Mar 30, 2009
Dragoncon was the best 3 days of my entire life. I was in a star trek costume/ jane cob costume all 3 days. next year i dont know what ill go as. Speaking of Star trek the star trek after party was DJ was garrett wong (ensign kim) and there was a break dancing circle. Naturally we were all in star fleet costumes. Dragoncon is worth the money if you get a chance GO.

Jernau

Nov 20, 2009
-Zen- said:
The number of out-of-shape women is downright disg-
OHMIGODGUYVER!
Pretty much my reaction, I didn't even know that many people knew Guyver. Ahh, it brings back memories.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
I just hopped from a discussion about Asian vs Western cosplayers to this.

When they're good they're great, who cares about the rest?

Thanks guv.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
I NEED to go to this!

To top it off, I live somewhat near Atlanta! YAAAY

I've been to quite a few cons in my area, but NONE have had cosplayers with this amount of talent, dedication and variety.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy(00:20)? Spaceballs (00:49)? FOUR Doctors (00:56)? Green Arrow (1:06)!? Steam-punk Batman(1:24)?! GUYVER (1:28)?! COMEDIAN (2:05)?!...and so many others!

On a side note, where do all these people get those Storm Trooper suits from?

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
The Team Fortress guys were awesome, but that guy in the Comedian outfit was downright sexy!

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Top 3 for Me:

The Goku costume - which was just hilarious...

The Medic/Heavy costumes - for the epic healing beam...

And the Doctor-Whos. Not because the costumes were particularly great, but because for one brief moment I actually thought the middle dude WAS Mr. Tennant.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
No mention yet of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy?!

EEEVIIIL!!

Also, most of the costumes were fantastic.

Zelbio

Mar 29, 2009
That was awesome. The costumes showed in the video were amazing. I'm curious how long it took to make some of these and impressed at the results.
Well done Cosplayers

Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Irridium said:
That Goku one was just hysterical.
That guy deserves a medal for that costume.
Agreed

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Even if people look down on stuff like this I find it pretty amazing. Think about all the time and money people put on these costumes, very nice and I wouldn't mind owning a few of those.

Osalot_TH

Sep 10, 2008
There's always one girl dressed as Cammy. Does that outfit ride right up their butt. Also does camel toe ever become an issue. I'm just "looking out" for you girls.

Number Thirteen

Dec 14, 2009
Slycne said:
Number Thirteen said:
Emergent System said:
mad-brad-123 said:
any 1 no what tht song was
y m8 i do
Is this an actual serious responce? Is that the name of the song?

Seriously, it was an awesome tune. I want to know what it is.
mad-brad-123 said:
any 1 no what tht song was
It's Daniel Pharos - Perverso(SoftcoreMix).
Merci. Could you tell me what soundtrack/album it is on?